Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with extracting a part of a line between two patterns Post 302625659 by asterisk-ix_use on Wednesday 18th of April 2012 05:18:47 AM
Old 04-18-2012
Thanks.

This made it so simple Smilie
I was under the impression that the file should be an executable to source it.

I have learnt something new Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting part of a string

Hi all, I have to extract only the second part of a database column (VARCHAR) and the value is seperated by a "~" xyz~ chxyz36r~ abder~000082685 mnops~000083554 fulfil302~00026 Above are some examples of the values and for each record I have to extract the value after "~" , if there is a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help extracting this part

JADE TRADER 143W MYPEN 40 HC M X10 28 7 1 0 MYPEN 20 GP X X10 15 2 1 0 MYPEN 40 GP X X10 28 7 1 0 MYPEN 20... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting part of line between two words

Hi, I have a file few hundred MB's with text like one below in single line. 20091117 abc xyg 20091117 def ghi 20091118 ppp ttt 20091118 zzz zzz xxx I need to extract part of line from 1st occurence of pattern 20091117 till first occurence of another pattern 20091118. I tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: artistic94555
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locating and Extracting Specific Patterns from a file

Hi all, 1. I have a file that is getting continously refreshed (appended) I want to grep all the strings containing substring of the type abcdf123@aaa.xxx.yyy.zzz:portnumber: where, before @, any letters or numbers combination, after @, IP address then symbol : then port... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoras
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text between two patterns 1 and 2 and pattern2 should be second occurrence of the file

Hi All, I have a small query. I have a file containing the following lines File 1: 29-Jul-2011 GMT Static data requires update <Extraction should start here> ----------- ----------- -------------------- ----------------------- ----------- <should stop here> Pattern1 will be time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangii87
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting part of a line excluding particular word from it

here is the line on which i want to process `empNo` int(13) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, it sometimes doesnt have comma at the end too `empNo` int(13) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT i want to extract all except "AUTO_INCREMENT" not only this line i ,want the code to work on any line if it has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a set of patterns from the text file

Hi experts, I need a help in extracting a set of patterns from the text file. Below is my scenario. Input file: I need to extract the data between My output should be as Thanks, Kalai (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns and print them with other patterns not the whole line

Hi, I am trying to extract some patterns from a line. The input file is space delimited and i could not use column to get value after "IN" or "OUT" patterns as there could be multiple white spaces before the next digits that i need to print in the output file . I need to print 3 patterns in a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies
TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Executable(3pm)		 Perl Programmers Reference Guide	       TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Executable(3pm)

NAME
TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Executable - Stream output from an executable TAP source VERSION
Version 3.26 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Source; use TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Executable; my $source = TAP::Parser::Source->new->raw(['/usr/bin/ruby', 'mytest.rb']); $source->assemble_meta; my $class = 'TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Executable'; my $vote = $class->can_handle( $source ); my $iter = $class->make_iterator( $source ); DESCRIPTION
This is an executable TAP::Parser::SourceHandler - it has 2 jobs: 1. Figure out if the TAP::Parser::Source it's given is an executable command ("can_handle"). 2. Creates an iterator for executable commands ("make_iterator"). Unless you're writing a plugin or subclassing TAP::Parser, you probably won't need to use this module directly. METHODS
Class Methods "can_handle" my $vote = $class->can_handle( $source ); Only votes if $source looks like an executable file. Casts the following votes: 0.9 if it's a hash with an 'exec' key 0.8 if it's a .bat file 0.75 if it's got an execute bit set "make_iterator" my $iterator = $class->make_iterator( $source ); Returns a new TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process for the source. "$source->raw" must be in one of the following forms: { exec => [ @exec ] } [ @exec ] $file "croak"s on error. "iterator_class" The class of iterator to use, override if you're sub-classing. Defaults to TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process. SUBCLASSING
Please see "SUBCLASSING" in TAP::Parser for a subclassing overview. Example package MyRubySourceHandler; use strict; use vars '@ISA'; use Carp qw( croak ); use TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Executable; @ISA = qw( TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Executable ); # expect $handler->(['mytest.rb', 'cmdline', 'args']); sub make_iterator { my ($self, $source) = @_; my @test_args = @{ $source->test_args }; my $rb_file = $test_args[0]; croak("error: Ruby file '$rb_file' not found!") unless (-f $rb_file); return $self->SUPER::raw_source(['/usr/bin/ruby', @test_args]); } SEE ALSO
TAP::Object, TAP::Parser, TAP::Parser::IteratorFactory, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::File, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Handle, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::RawTAP perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Executable(3pm)