Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help in not fetching a file while file writing operation is not completed Post 302625531 by world.apps on Wednesday 18th of April 2012 12:00:34 AM
Old 04-18-2012
Need help in not fetching a file while file writing operation is not completed

Hi All,

We have a Unix program in oracle when we run the program this connects to specified ftp and will get the file into local server.

We are facing a problem like when file writing operations is not completed, this program is getting the incomplete file.

Could anyone please help me how to control this.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fetching file from windows server

hi i am having 2 servers.... one having windows & the other one is having Solaris on it. Now i need to fetch files from windows server and copy them on to solaris server. the problem is that a new folder is created after every one hour in the window server and i have to fetch 2 files from this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
5 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Fetching unique values from file

After giving grep -A4 "feature 1," <file name> I have extracted the following text feature 1, subfeat 2, type 1, subtype 5, dump '30352f30312f323030392031313a33303a3337'H -- "05/01/2009 11:30:37" -- -- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shivi707
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User gets "The operation could not be completed because you do not have enough access privileges."

Does anyone know why this could be happening? User tries to save into a directory, but gets the error message. I checked permissions on directory and see the following: drwxrwxr-x 10 root pm 1024 Nov 22 14:46 Folder 1 drwxrwxr-x 10 root pm 1024 Oct 19 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scrivic
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching data from .csv file

Hi Experts, I have created a table with columns as empname,empid,phone,shiftname. Now I am having a .csv file format which contains the shift datas of the employees. I have to fetch this file and compare with the table I created to send an alert to the specified user. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: micky3112
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fetching file name from directory

Hi Friends, I have to write a script to find the file name in the directory. file name in the directory is like sourcefile_abc_001.txt sourcefile_abc_002.txt sourcefile_abc_003.txt. valuename in the file i.e. between '_' and .txt i.e. 001 or 002 or 003 will be in another file and I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish8484
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching from file and printing

Hi, i am using below command in shell scripting and getting the output. echo "dis qc(*) CLUSTER($clus) clusqmgr"|runmqsc -e XX.QM.CNEDCT1|egrep 'QUEUE|CLUSQMGR'|sed '$!N;s/\n/,/'|grep -v XX.QM.CNEDCT1here i think i need to put the output in a file and fetch for every CLUSQMGR. Output coming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in fetching a field from a file

I have an input file with contents like : '1LTYSJSD2KQ8KLE' -audit_grp_id , internal error qty < recycle qty requested, skipping record '1LTYSJSD2KQ8KLE' -audit_group_id, 0 records has been written, 1 was skipped '1LTZLJRDFBEWJX9' -audit_grp_id , internal error qty < recycle qty requested,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File fetching from mysql database

I have a configuration file namely: abcd, that will be use for some service (like gammu) Inside that configuration file: number1 = 66673527 number1 = 8373272 How can I make the file to search the number1 and number2 from a mysql database? Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching data from file

Hi All, I'm facing issue while using script. Chk_Etl_Status=`cat /dstage/questnet/qnetdv/input/Etl_Status.dat|cut -d"," -f1` echo Chk_Etl_Status=$Chk_Etl_Status above result is giving me sometime value as 1 and sometime error message as Chk_Etl_Status= dsjoblaunch.sh: test: Specify a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit786
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if downloading of a file is completed?

Hello All. We are getting one zip file from another server daily. The size of the zip file will be around 4.5 gb that takes time to download completely. I have to process that file furthest once get downloaded completely. I have written one code for that, but i need suggestion whether it is a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: looney
7 Replies
XOSD(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   XOSD(1)

NAME
osd_cat - X on-screen file displayer SYNOPSIS
osd_cat [OPTION] [FILE]... osd_cat -b percentage|slider [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
Display FILE, or standard input, on X screen. -p, --pos=POS This option tells osd_cat where to display the text. POS can be top, middle, or bottom. The default is top. -o, --offset=OFFSET This option specifies the offset from the top or bottom of screen the text is displayed. The default is 0. -A, --align=ALIGN This option tells osd_cat where to display the text. ALIGN can be left, right or center. The default is left. -i, --indent=OFFSET This option specifies the INDENT from the left of screen the text is displayed. The default is 0. -f, --font=FONT This option specifies the FONT to be used for displaying the text. The default is fixed. -c, --color=COLOR This option specifies the COLOR to be used for displaying the text. The default is red. -d, --delay=TIME This option specifies the number of seconds the text is displayed. The default is 5 seconds. -l, --lines=LINES This option specifies the number of LINES to scroll the display over. The default is 5. -s, --shadow=OFFSET This option specifies the OFFSET of the text shadow. The default is 0, which means no text shadow is created. -S, --shadowcolour=COLOUR This option specifies the COLOUR of the text shadow. The default is black. -O, --outline=WIDTH This option specifies the WIDTH of the text outline. The default is 0, which is no outline. -u, --outlinecolour=COLOUR This option specifies the COLOUR of the text outline. The default is black. -a, --age[=SCROLL_AGE] This option affects screen redrawing. If SCROLL_AGE seconds pass before a new line is ready (for example, you're reading from a pipe), all lines are cleared at once instead of being scrolled off as new lines replace old lines. The default is 0. When no SCROLL_AGE is explicitly given, the current value from DELAY is used. -w, --wait This option also affects screen redrawing. When there is data ready to be put on screen, this option will cause osd_cat to wait until the display is clear. An alternative to scrolling. -b, --barmode=TYPE Lets you display a percentage or slider bar instead of just text. TYPE may be percentage or slider. In this mode no text is read from any file, but the following options can be used: -P, --percentage=PERCENTAGE This option specified the position of the percentage / slider bar. PERCENTAGE may be in the range from 0 to 100, the default is 50. -T, --text=TEXT This option specifies an optional TEXT which gets displayed above the percentage bar. The default is empty, so no additional text is displayed. -h, --help display help (which is often more up to date) and exit With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. AUTHOR
Martijn van de Streek <martijn@foodfight.org>, Some patching done by Malcolm Valentine <farkit@iprimus.com.au> and Tim Wright <tim@ignavus.net>. xosd was written by Andre Renaud <andre@ignavus.net> and is maintained by Tim Wright <tim@ignavus.net> SEE ALSO
More information on the X OSD Library and its author can be found on http://www.ignavus.net/software.html <http://www.ignavus.net/software.html> COPYRIGHT
It is distributed under the GNU General Public License. X OSD cat January 2001 XOSD(1)