Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ps -elf AND grep for changes
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ps -elf AND grep for changes Post 302625157 by de_day on Tuesday 17th of April 2012 10:43:51 AM
Old 04-17-2012
What operating system are you on? Most have built in monitoring alerts for such things.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What does bad elf flags mean?

Hi all! Could anybody tell me what this means? # /usr/local/sbin/sshd ld.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/sshd: fatal: /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: bad ELF flags value: 256 Killed Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
1 Replies

2. Linux

editing ELF file

Hello, This is not exactly relevant to Linux kernel but I'm gonna ask any way. Is there any way I can modify a 64-bit ELF object file to make it look like 32-bit ELF object file and link it (using `ld`) with 32-bit ELF file? I tried libelf but was unsuccessful. I had this pretty link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejuwala
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running elf files

I have a few questions about elf files and how they are executed. When gcc compiles a elf file it creates an executable. Is this executable then run directly by the hardware or does the kernel get involved, interpret the elf file and place the asm code directly in memory. Cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshindo
0 Replies

4. Programming

ELF-string table

hello everybody! I want to read the string table of an object file(which is in ELF format). I get the sh_name value but i cant find a way to read the value in the string table that this index represent. I program in C. thanx a lot folks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Not a Vaild ELF File

Hi Anyone, I have two disks , one is primary and anothe is mirror. I checked my mirror disk , It was fine. After that i booted from my primary disk, did some installations regarding kernel patches. It did not get booted properly. It says ==================== Not a valid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

6. BSD

DG/UX ELF binary support

Anyone, perhaps got DG/UX ELF binaries running on an old *BSD system? I've tried a lot of different kinds, with COMPAT_SVR4 compiled in and ibcs support, all ended up with Segement Fault or Bus Error errors. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgux
2 Replies

7. Programming

A help to create an ELF file

Hi!!! How do I create a file .ELF? What code should I use, could help me with a simple code or example? I know programming to Windows by important languages but this seems to be more sistematical, and I really don't know how to. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linecoder
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Wrong ELF class

guys anyone knows a solution for this? wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 pwrcard:cms-dev:/pcard16/pwrcard/src/interfaces/interface_host>isainfo -v 64-bit sparcv9 applications vis2 vis 32-bit sparc applications vis2 vis v8plus div32 mul32... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
1 Replies
SENSORS-DETECT(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 SENSORS-DETECT(8)

NAME
sensors-detect - detect hardware monitoring chips SYNOPSIS
sensors-detect DESCRIPTION
sensors-detect is an interactive program that will walk you through the process of scanning your system for various hardware monitoring chips, or sensors, supported by libsensors(3), or more generally by the lm_sensors tool suite. sensors-detect will look for the following devices, in order: o Sensors embedded in CPUs, south bridges and memory controllers. o Sensors embedded in Super I/O chips. o Hardware monitoring chips accessed through ISA I/O ports. o Hardware monitoring chips reachable over the SMBus or more generally any I2C bus on your system. As the last two detection steps can cause trouble on some systems, they are normally not attempted if the second detection step led to the discovery of a Super I/O chip with complete hardware monitoring features. However, the user is always free to ask for all detection steps if so is his/her wish. This can be useful if a given system has more than one hardware monitoring chip. Some vendors are known to do this, most notably Asus and Tyan. WARNING
sensors-detect needs to access the hardware for most of the chip detections. By definition, it doesn't know which chips are there before it manages to identify them. This means that it can access chips in a way these chips do not like, causing problems ranging from SMBus lockup to permanent hardware damage (a rare case, thankfully.) The authors made their best to make the detection as safe as possible, and it turns out to work just fine in most cases, however it is impossible to guarantee that sensors-detect will not lock or kill a specific system. So, as a rule of thumb, you should not run sensors- detect on production servers, and you should not run sensors-detect if can't afford replacing a random part of your system. Also, it is recommended to not force a detection step which would have been skipped by default, unless you know what you are doing. SEE ALSO
sensors(1), libsensors(3) AUTHOR
Frodo Looijaard and Jean Delvare lm-sensors 3 December 2008 SENSORS-DETECT(8)