Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting user by last login an count Post 302625021 by karghum on Tuesday 17th of April 2012 07:36:34 AM
Old 04-17-2012
Hi i need to check system date and list the count of entries which are one day older than the system date
My system date is in this format
Code:
infodba-ie10ux014:/home/infodba/execute\n\r-> date
Tue Apr 17 17:05:16 GMT 2012

Hence if i execute a command it should give me count of APR 16 entries

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment How to use code tags

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-17-2012 at 08:48 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting using count, grep and count

Hi, I trying to sort information in a file by making count for every object. For example: A B A D A B C i would like to sort out count for each object (A's, B's and etc) but in actual case i dont know the object but i know the position ofthe object. do i need to use array as well? Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhpal_78
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help about user sorting

Hi Folks, I need help in script idea, i have 5 users and there home directories are /home/user1 /home/user2 /home/user3 /home/user4 /home/user5 /home/user5 In each user there is a file xyz.txt and abcd.txt. I have two objectives. 1. sort those user have xyz.txt and abcd.txt not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

3. Solaris

error message rmclomv ... SC Login Failure for user Please login:

Hello World ~ HW : SUN Fire V240 OS : Solaris 8 Error message prompts 'rmclomv ... SC login failure ...' on terminal. and Error Message prompts continually 'SC Login Failure for user Please login:' on Single Mode(init S) The System is in normal operation, though In case of rain, Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uniq sorting and count

Hi Unix gurus, I have a requirement where I need to find the file count based on unique file names. OPEN_INV_MMDDYYYY_HHMM.xls OPEN_INV_MMDDYYYY_HHMM.xls OPEN_INV_MMDDYYYY_HHMM.xls CLOSE_INV_MMDDYYYY_HHMM.xls CLOSE_INV_MMDDYYYY_HHMM.xls OPEN_INV_MMDDYYYY_HHMM.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankar1dada
2 Replies

5. AIX

Clear failed login count

What's actually the difference between these two command: 1) chsec -f /etc/security/lastlog -a "unsuccessful_login_count=0" -s username 2) chuser unsuccessful_login_count=0 username Are there any impact on executing either one of those command to clear/reset the failed login count in AIX?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ph4nt0m227
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Reset failed login count

Hi, Can someone tell me the command to do this in solaris 5.10 please? I've trawled around the internet for ages but all I can find is the AIX command... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Login as another user through Shell script from current user[Not Root]

Hi Every body, I would need a shell script program to login as different user and perform some copy commands in the script. example: Supppose ora_toms is the active user ora_toms should be able to run a script where user: ftptomsp pass: XXX should login through and run the commands ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwal27
9 Replies

8. AIX

User Account Login Login on your AIX server

I want to learn AIX. I would like to find someone who would be willing to give me a login to their AIX home lab server. My intent is to poke around and discover the similarities and differences of AIX compared to other *NIXs. I am a UNIX admin so I can think of what some immediate concerns may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_in_my_shel
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count occurences of a character in a file by sorting results

Hello, I try to sort results of occurences in an array by using awk but I can't find the right command. that's why I'm asking your help ! :) Please see below the command that I run: awk '{ for ( i=1; i<=length; i++ ) arr++ }END{ for ( i in arr ) { print i, arr } }' dictionnary.txt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: destin45
3 Replies
DM_DATE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						DM_DATE(1)

NAME
dm_date - print out the system date and time SYNOPSIS
This performs the same operation as the unix 'date' command, but using the Date::Manip module. dm_date [OPTION]... [+FORMAT] DESCRIPTION
This displays information about the current system time, or some other time. Options are: -h, --help Print online help. -d STRING, --date=STRING Display time described by STRING. STRING can be any string which can be parsed by Date::Manip. Please refer to the Date::Manip::Date documentation for details. -f DATEFILE, --file=DATEFILE This reads each line in DATEFILE, and extracts a date from it and prints out the information. Blank lines and lines starting with a pound (#) are ignored. Lines not containing a valid date are also ignored. -r FILE, --reference=FILE Displays the last modification time of FILE. -R, --rfc-2822 Displayc the date and time in RFC 2822 format. Example: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:34:56 -0600 -u, --utc, --universal Converts the date to UT (GMT) and prints out the information. Only one of -d, -f, or -r should be included. If more than one is included, the first one from the list (-d, -f, -r) is used and any other is ignored. The format string starts with a plus (+) and contains any of the format directives described in Date::Manip::Date. KNOWN BUGS
None known. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip::Date LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 DM_DATE(1)