Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to send e-mail from shell script ( C shell )? Post 302624989 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 17th of April 2012 06:49:48 AM
Old 04-17-2012
post your mailx command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send e-mail in Shell script

How to send an error mail from a shell script e.g. mail destination_adr@blabla.int "Message : here an error message " thanks, Ann. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annelisa
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to send a mail

Hi, I need a shell script which runs in the backround for all the 24 hours and send a mail to us regarding the output of the prstat command when the load average increase above certain percent. kindly help me on this...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send a mail

Hi , I need to prepare a script which will check my database with specific to particluar table. If the row count exceeds a certain limit, i need to send a mail to a set of Recipients. Being new to unix, please guide me to complete this task. Advance thanks, Sekar. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send a mail when a shell script is modified

I would like to know, whether is there any command/tool in Linux (something like Oracle Trigger function) to send a mail if a particular shell script has been modified with details like, modification time, modified by, etc. Thanking in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for shell script to monitor CPU utilization and send mail once exceed 75%

Dear Group, I'm look for shell script to Monitor CPU usage and send mail once it exceed 75% I'm running Suse10.4. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clfever
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To send a mail through shell script

I want to send a mail through shell script,If it is possible Please give me a code. mail id : upload.xxx@example.com (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send mail alert

HI Guys, I am writing one shell script to send the mail alert to some email id's if the file not modified in last 10 mins but its not working, I believe MTIME is null string is wrong . can you please assist me on this. script :- filename="abc.txt" echo "Filename is $filename"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to compare text and send a mail

Hello, Somebody can help me to develop a script for the below requirement I have a 3 files in a directory which was dynamically changed everyday basis. I need a script to fetch the 1pattern of strings in each file. if the three matching pattern is same send a mail with subject as success else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MATHANKUMAR
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to send mail alert

Hi I have below shell script to send mail alert , however I want to add more functionality in this script and that is , script should only check that file between 9 am to 5pm , and if there is no activity in this time 9 am to 5 pm for 2hours then it should give me mail alert, please help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scazed
2 Replies
SHAR(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   SHAR(1)

NAME
shar -- create a shell archive of files SYNOPSIS
shar file ... DESCRIPTION
shar writes an sh(1) shell script to the standard output which will recreate the file hierarchy specified by the command line operands. Directories will be recreated and must be specified before the files they contain (the find(1) utility does this correctly). shar is normally used for distributing files by ftp(1) or mail(1). SEE ALSO
compress(1), mail(1), tar(1), uuencode(1) BUGS
shar makes no provisions for special types of files or files containing magic characters. EXAMPLES
To create a shell archive of the program ls(1) and mail it to Rick: cd ls shar `find . -print` | mail -s "ls source" rick To recreate the program directory: mkdir ls cd ls ... <delete header lines and examine mailed archive> ... sh archive HISTORY
The shar command appears in 4.4BSD. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
It is easy to insert trojan horses into shar files. It is strongly recommended that all shell archive files be examined before running them through sh(1). Archives produced using this implementation of shar may be easily examined with the command: egrep -v '^[X#]' shar.file 4.4BSD June 6, 1993 4.4BSD