Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert Bash script to C
Top Forums Programming Convert Bash script to C Post 302624799 by zvtral on Monday 16th of April 2012 10:30:28 PM
Old 04-16-2012
@corona688:thx for comment
like this i have input big file file:
SAMPLE
Code:
1:name_of_file:12345:345
2:name_of_file:56789:789

so i need print delimiter $4 (345 and 789) for will substitution to file like this
INDEX_345.TXT
Code:
1:name_of_file:12345:345

INDEX_789.TXT
Code:
2:name_of_file:56789:789

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert bash to sh URGENT :(

Hi, I have to write a program to compare 2 files for copying. the program is ran on Solaris 5.8 like this: script.sh file1.txt file2.txt I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris Jones
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

here-doc convert 2 script convert to single script?

I have my main script calling another script to retrive a "ls -alt" of a directory that's located in a remote location I'm sftping into. main.sh #!/bin/ksh getLS.sh > output.txt getLS.sh #!/bin/sh /home<..>/sftp <host@ip> <<! cd /some/dir/Log ls -alt quit ! Basically I'd like to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

having a bash script convert ft to meters with 1 decimal

What is the correct syntax to limit the number of decimals to 1 or 0 in a bash script? Here is the partial code I have which works, but if I echo $meters, it has 4 or 5 decimals: METERS=`echo "$FEET * 0.3048" | bc` I read about scale and length in the bc man page, but I can't seem to get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audiophile
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

***convert from perl to bash***

can any body translate the follwing script into one that works in bash? #!/usr/bin/perl # classify_books.pl my $csv_file = shift; my %categories = ( 'childrens' => 'childrens_books.txt', 'horror' => 'horror_books.txt', 'sports ' =>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferrycorsten73
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FFmpeg Convert Bash Script

I need a bash script that will. So here is what I made so far. 1. Convert video files to iPhone format 2. MV converted video to new directory (with domain.com attached to it) 4. Copy a NFO file (from another directory) and add some conversion information 5. Delete old directory torrent... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: domz
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert csh to bash

Hi, Can anyone give me a script to convert csh to bash? or any key points which can help me to do so as i am new to it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script: Str(007) to int(7),increment it(8) & convert back to string(008)

Hi, I have the following requirement. There will be following text/line in a file (eg: search-build.txt) PRODUCT_VERSION="V:01.002.007.Build1234" I need to update the incremental build number (eg here 007) every time I give a build through script. I am able to search the string and get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drwatson_droid
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: How to convert this bash+awk script in awk script only?

This is the final first release of the dynamic menu generator for pekwm (WM). #!/bin/bash function param_val { awk "/^${1}=/{gsub(/^${1}="'/,""); print; exit}' $2 } echo "Dynamic {" for CF in `ls -c1 /usr/share/applications/*.desktop` do name=$(param_val Name $CF) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexscript
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Convert a bash to ash

hello everybody, i'm a beginner in ash and i want to convert this bash script to ash. this script send a xml file to a nagios server : #!/bin/bash PROGNAME=$(basename $0) RELEASE="Revision 0.3" print_release() { echo "$RELEASE" } print_usage() { echo "" echo "$PROGNAME... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdijoux25
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to convert to m-d-yyyy

I am using bash that when run downloads a file a verifies that there is data in it. What I am not able to do is have a user enter a date in any format they wish and have it converted to m-d-yyyy. Thank you :). Bash printf " Welcome to NGS analysis, checking for new files and creating a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)