Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk filter by occurence of at least two columns Post 302624677 by 47shailesh on Monday 16th of April 2012 02:10:25 PM
Old 04-16-2012
it should be x>2 because for 1st column ($i>=3) returns true, so "x" increments 1 for 1st column.

Last edited by 47shailesh; 04-16-2012 at 03:21 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to 47shailesh For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: assign variable with -v didn't work in awk filter

I want to filter 2nd column = 2 using awk $ cat t 1 2 2 4 $ VAR=2 #variable worked in print $ cat t | awk -v ID=$VAR ' { print ID}' 2 2 # but variable didn't work in awk filter $ cat t | awk -v ID=$VAR '$2~/ID/ { print $0}' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the continuous occurence of pattern using awk ?

Hello all, I have a input file like this. input file --------------- abc ab001 + ab002 zca acb ab006 + ab007 caz cba ab003 + ab004 zca bac ab004 - ab005 zac bca ab002 - ab003 cza cba ab005 + ab006 acz cba ab005 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: admax
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter a table by two columns

Dear Forum, I would like to know how could I found every result from one column at a table based at two table. Exemplo: Table: Red 4 Red 5 Red 10 Black 33 Black 44 Black 5 Green 2 Green 55 Green 78 I would like to have every color with the lower result... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lColli
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete until Nth occurence (sed, awk)

Hello people, Once more I need your help with SED/AWK I need to delete up to the Nth occurence of a char (from the beggining) and until the Mth occurence of a char (from the end) Example: Input: a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z Output: i,j Must delete up to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grab nth occurence in between two patterns using awk or sed

Hi , I have an issue where I want to parse through the output from a file and I want to grab the nth occurrence of text in between two patterns preferably using awk or sed ! TICKET NBR : 1 !GSI : 102 ! 3100.2.112.1 11/06/2013 15:56:29 ! 3100.2.22.3 98 ! 3100.2.134.2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: OTNA
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk filter by columns of file csv

Hi, I would like extract some lines from file csv using awk , below the example: I have the file test.csv with in content below. FLUSSO;COD;DATA_LAV;ESITO ULL;78;17/09/2013;OL ULL;45;05/09/2013;Apertura NP;45;13/09/2013;Riallineamento ULLNP;78;17/09/2013;OL NPG;14;12/09/2013;AperturaTK... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giankan
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - Filter columns in text file and adding new column

Hello, I am very now to this, hope you can help, I am looking into editing a file in Solaris, with dinamic collums (lenght varies) and I need 2 things to be made, the fist is to filter the first column and third column from the file bellow file.txt, and create a new file with the 2 filtered... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpbastos
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with using awk to print pattern/occurence

Hi, Do anybody know how to use awk to count the pattern at specific column? Input file M2A928K 419 ath-miR159a,gma-miR159a-3p,ptc-miR159a 60 miR235a . . Output file M2A928K 419 ath-miR159a,gma-miR159a-3p,ptc-miR159a 60 miR235a 3 . . I plan to count how many "miR" in column 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - find first occurence and replace it

Hello, I have a requirement to replace the whole string with first occurence of value of a key-value pair. I have to do this inside awk, as the data I need to work is inside an awk loop. value of my variable(say LogText) looks like: LogText= date=04Mar message=hello1 name=caq... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cool.aquarian
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter out consecutive occurence of digits from file?

Hello, I have a text file containing the following for example: This number 123456 is in line number one. Line number two contains -333444 number. The third line has a 111111 in between and also 435. Line number four has :444444 in it. Line five has a in front like a555555. how can i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2009
5 Replies
MRTG-LOGFILE(1) 						       mrtg							   MRTG-LOGFILE(1)

NAME
mrtg-logfile - description of the mrtg-2 logfile format SYNOPSIS
This document provides a description of the contents of the mrtg-2 logfile. OVERVIEW
The logfile consists of two main sections. The first Line It stores the traffic counters from the most recent run of mrtg. The rest of the File Stores past traffic rate averates and maxima at increassing intervals. The first number on each line is a unix time stamp. It represents the number of seconds since 1970. DETAILS
The first Line The first line has 3 numbers which are: A (1st column) A timestamp of when MRTG last ran for this interface. The timestamp is the number of non-skip seconds passed since the standard UNIX "epoch" of midnight on 1st of January 1970 GMT. B (2nd column) The "incoming bytes counter" value. C (3rd column) The "outgoing bytes counter" value. The rest of the File The second and remaining lines of the file contains 5 numbers which are: A (1st column) The Unix timestamp for the point in time the data on this line is relevant. Note that the interval between timestamps increases as you progress through the file. At first it is 5 minutes and at the end it is one day between two lines. This timestamp may be converted in OpenOffice Calc or MS Excel by using the following formula =(x+y)/86400+DATE(1970;1;1) (instead of ";" it may be that you have to use "," this depends on the context and your locale settings) you can also ask perl to help by typing perl -e 'print scalar localtime(x)," "' x is the unix timestamp and y is the offset in seconds from UTC. (Perl knows y). B (2nd column) The average incoming transfer rate in bytes per second. This is valid for the time between the A value of the current line and the A value of the previous line. C (3rd column) The average outgoing transfer rate in bytes per second since the previous measurement. D (4th column) The maximum incoming transfer rate in bytes per second for the current interval. This is calculated from all the updates which have occured in the current interval. If the current interval is 1 hour, and updates have occured every 5 minutes, it will be the biggest 5 minute transfer rate seen during the hour. E (5th column) The maximum outgoing transfer rate in bytes per second for the current interval. AUTHOR
Butch Kemper <kemper@bihs.net> and Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> 2.17.4 2012-01-12 MRTG-LOGFILE(1)