Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with extracting a part of a line between two patterns Post 302624635 by asterisk-ix_use on Monday 16th of April 2012 01:25:32 PM
Old 04-16-2012
Thanks for the reply.

As per my requirement, the txt file cannot be executable. So I cannot source it. I have to just read it.Smilie
Is there any other way that I could get the values of the variables.

PS: The "new line character" in the value should be preserved. The value for message3 should come in two lines only.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting part of a string

Hi all, I have to extract only the second part of a database column (VARCHAR) and the value is seperated by a "~" xyz~ chxyz36r~ abder~000082685 mnops~000083554 fulfil302~00026 Above are some examples of the values and for each record I have to extract the value after "~" , if there is a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help extracting this part

JADE TRADER 143W MYPEN 40 HC M X10 28 7 1 0 MYPEN 20 GP X X10 15 2 1 0 MYPEN 40 GP X X10 28 7 1 0 MYPEN 20... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting part of line between two words

Hi, I have a file few hundred MB's with text like one below in single line. 20091117 abc xyg 20091117 def ghi 20091118 ppp ttt 20091118 zzz zzz xxx I need to extract part of line from 1st occurence of pattern 20091117 till first occurence of another pattern 20091118. I tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: artistic94555
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locating and Extracting Specific Patterns from a file

Hi all, 1. I have a file that is getting continously refreshed (appended) I want to grep all the strings containing substring of the type abcdf123@aaa.xxx.yyy.zzz:portnumber: where, before @, any letters or numbers combination, after @, IP address then symbol : then port... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoras
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text between two patterns 1 and 2 and pattern2 should be second occurrence of the file

Hi All, I have a small query. I have a file containing the following lines File 1: 29-Jul-2011 GMT Static data requires update <Extraction should start here> ----------- ----------- -------------------- ----------------------- ----------- <should stop here> Pattern1 will be time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangii87
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting part of a line excluding particular word from it

here is the line on which i want to process `empNo` int(13) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, it sometimes doesnt have comma at the end too `empNo` int(13) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT i want to extract all except "AUTO_INCREMENT" not only this line i ,want the code to work on any line if it has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a set of patterns from the text file

Hi experts, I need a help in extracting a set of patterns from the text file. Below is my scenario. Input file: I need to extract the data between My output should be as Thanks, Kalai (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns and print them with other patterns not the whole line

Hi, I am trying to extract some patterns from a line. The input file is space delimited and i could not use column to get value after "IN" or "OUT" patterns as there could be multiple white spaces before the next digits that i need to print in the output file . I need to print 3 patterns in a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies
NWDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NWDIAG(1)

NAME
nwdiag - generate network-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
nwdiag [options] files DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nwdiag commands. nwdiag is generate sequence-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h, --help show this help message and exit. --version show program's version number and exit. -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter. -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE. -o FILE write diagram to FILE. -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram. -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format. SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://blockdiag.com/en/nwdiag/ AUTHOR
nwdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 11, 2011 NWDIAG(1)