Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help to replace a perl pattern matching Post 302624487 by sags007_99 on Monday 16th of April 2012 10:27:42 AM
Old 04-16-2012
I would request someone's help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pattern Matching - serach and replace script

My requirement is to replace a a particular pattren in a script from A to B. I am not sure if this can be done through sed command or through awk . The file sv.inc is window DialogBox AddConnection tag "~ActiveApp/Add Connection - Provider Type?URL" I would wnat the file to be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern Matching

Hello experts, I have a file containing the following text(shortened here). File Begin ---------- < # Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_T4 < Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_T4 --- > # Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_Cassini >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl pattern matching!!

Hi experts, I have many occurances of the following headers in a file. I need to grep for the word changed/inserted in the header, calculate the difference between the two numbers and list the count incrementally. Headers in a file look like this: ------------------- ---------------------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern matching...

I am doing a file patterhn matching for a text file in PERL I am using this,,, but it says that no file is found $filepattern = '\d{1,4}.*A0NW9693.NDM.HBIDT.*.AD34XADJ.txt'; Can anyone help me out with Perl Pattern Matching concepts and how to do pattern matching for this txt file:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in Perl

Hi, I have a list of IP, eg : 192.168.0.15 192.168.0.24 192.168.2.110 192.168.2.200 And I would like the shortest pattern who match with '192.168.0' and '192.168.2' (without the last dot and number). (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: X-Or
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching and replace in shell script

Hi I want to find a line in a file which contains a word and replace the patterns. Sample file content temp.xml ==================== <applications> <application> Name="FirstService" location="http://my.website.selected/myfirstService/V1.0/myfirst.war" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthi.99it
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Use of *? in Matching Pattern

I am using Perl version 5.8.4 and trying to understand the use of regular expression. Following is my code and output. $string = "Perl is a\nScripting language"; ($start) = ($string =~ /\A(.*?) /); @lines = ($string =~ /^(.*?) /gm); print "First Word (using \\A): $start\n","Line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Exact pattern matching and replace

Hi Team, I am facing a problem as under, Suppose I have a file (test.txt) with the below content (all braces and slashes are included in the contents of the file) Now I want to append few words below matched line, I have written the below sed: sed '/option/a insert text here' test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pattern matching

Can anyone help me with sed or awk to do a bulk replace of the below requirements. "REC_ID" INTEGER NOT NULL GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY ( START WITH +7486 INCREMENT BY +1 MINVALUE +7467 MAXVALUE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace String matching wildcard pattern

Hi, I know how to replace a string with another in a file. But, i wish to replace the below string pattern EncryptedPassword="{gafgfa}]\asffafsf312a" i.e EncryptedPassword="<any random string>" To EncryptedPassword="" i.e remove the random password to a empty string. Can you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
xcb_shm_query_version(3)					   XCB Requests 					  xcb_shm_query_version(3)

NAME
xcb_shm_query_version - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/shm.h> Request function xcb_shm_query_version_cookie_t xcb_shm_query_version(xcb_connection_t *conn, Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_shm_query_version_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t shared_pixmaps; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t major_version; uint16_t minor_version; uint16_t uid; uint16_t gid; uint8_t pixmap_format; uint8_t pad0[15]; } xcb_shm_query_version_reply_t; Reply function xcb_shm_query_version_reply_t *xcb_shm_query_version_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_shm_query_version_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_SHM_QUERY_VERSION. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). shared_pixmaps TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. major_version TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. minor_version TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. uid TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. gid TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. pixmap_format TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_shm_query_version_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_shm_query_version_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_shm_query_version_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from shm.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_shm_query_version(3)