Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help with bat file!!!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with bat file!!! Post 302624361 by Neo on Monday 16th of April 2012 07:20:13 AM
Old 04-16-2012
Why not ask this question in your favorite Windows forum?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to create .bat file to store log file

Hi guys. Can someone point me to a resource that explains this? Basically these are websphere logs that need to be stored daily, I'm on sunOS 5.8. Each new file stored could have the current time as its filename. The script could be run on a cron which I can set up. I'm just not sure how to write... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirtybrown
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk,gawk in bat file

Hi. I'm trying to convert bat file into shell script. Bat file invokes awk file in one section: c:\upg\exe\gawk -f c:\upg\awk\gen_sae.awk -v OP=C:\\upg\\lod\\... ...c:\upg\ref\saaxi.ref c:\upg\log\SAAEPWO.log c:\upg\ref\saaepref.log First of all I issued unix2dos command on that awk file.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrej
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need solution for Bat FIle using FOR Cycle

Hi people. Don't know if you could help me, but here it goes anyway. I need to search for some directories, and if i for any file founded a must run another Bat file. Can this be done in DOS ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: osramos
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

one question for .bat file

Hi! I'm very sorry for such simple and silly question but I cannot answer it by myself. Can you please help me? In .bat file I should run the C program which is in other directory, and the input configuration file is in this directory too. This dir name is in dirRun variable. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a .bat file using KSH

Hi all, I am a very new user for korn scripting and in a process of learning. i have a .bat file that calls a .vbs file which calls a macro used to convert an excel spread sheet to .csv file... Now i want to automate this process. I want to call this bat file using a korn script or a korn... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
16 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Can rsh command be used to call a bat file

I have a .bat file on windows, which converts a .xls file into .csv file and using a ksh script i would usually FTP this .csv file... Now i want to trigger this .bat form my ksh script. can i use rsh command in my FTP to run .bat file on windows and then ftp the generated .csv file...is... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
19 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

bat file opening multiple IE windows

I'm trying to open multiple IE windows and enter the same text and press <enter> on each. Here's an example with what I have so far. REM Open @echo on start http://10.1.1.1 ping 1.1.1.1 -n 5 -w 1000 >nul @echo password start http://10.1.1.2 ping 1.1.1.1 -n 5 -w 1000 >nul @echo password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pitt
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bat file

Hi guys, I need a *.bat to run a ksh file in the shell on Windows NT...nothing more :) How do I do it? I tried with the following but it failed: set INFORMIXDIR=D:\user-applications\informix set PATH=%INFORMIXDIR%;%PATH% D:\user-applications\MKS\mksnt\sh.exe C:\hk_9.2\C3_weekly_auto.ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dird
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run cygwin in .bat file

Hello everyone, I've written quite a few AWK scripts to run in cygwin and now, I would like to run them one after the other in a .bat file. The problem is, I tried modifying the .bat file used to run cygwin in the first place, but whenever I change something, it doesn't work. The PATH is set up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teroc
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Executing .bat file

Hi , I have a bat file on windows machine ,I need to excute it from my local unix machine using sambe utility.Is there any comman to execute the .bat file remotely. Using samba utility i can post files to and fro from windows to unix but i don't comman to exute the .bat file. can any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies
PHILOSOPHY(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     PHILOSOPHY(1)

NAME
PDL::Philosophy -- what's behind PDL? DESCRIPTION
This is an attempt to summarize some of the common spirit between pdl developers in order to answer the question "Why PDL"? If you are a PDL developer and I haven't caught your favorite ideas about PDL, please let me know! An often-asked question is: Why not settle for some of the existing systems like Matlab or IDL or GnuPlot or whatever? Major ideas The first tenet of our philosophy is the "free software" idea: software being free has several advantages (less bugs because more people see the code, you can have the source and port it to your own working environment with you, ... and of course, that you don't need to pay anything). The second idea is a pet peeve of many: many languages like matlab are pretty well suited for their specific tasks but for a different application, you need to change to an entirely different tool and regear yourself mentally. Not to speak about doing an application that does two things at once... Because we use Perl, we have the power and ease of perl syntax, regular expressions, hash tables etc at our fingertips at all times. By extending an existing language, we start from a much healthier base than languages like matlab which have grown into existence from a very small functionality at first and expanded little by little, making things look badly planned. We stand by the Perl sayings: "simple things should be simple but complicated things should be possible" and "There is more than one way to do it" (TIMTOWTDI). The third idea is interoperability: we want to be able to use PDL to drive as many tools as possible, we can connect to OpenGL or Mesa for graphics or whatever. There isn't anything out there that's really satisfactory as a tool and can do everything we want easily. And be portable. The fourth idea is related to PDL::PP and is Tuomas's personal favorite: code should only specify as little as possible redundant info. If you find yourself writing very similar-looking code much of the time, all that code could probably be generated by a simple perl script. The PDL C preprocessor takes this to an extreme. Minor goals and purposes We want speed. Optimally, it should ultimately (e.g. with the Perl compiler) be possible to compile PDL::PP subs to C and obtain the top vectorized speeds on supercomputers. Also, we want to be able to calculate things at near top speed from inside perl, by using dataflow to avoid memory allocation and deallocation (the overhead should ultimately be only a little over one indirect function call plus couple of ifs per function in the pipe). We want handy syntax. Want to do something and cannot do it easily? Tell us about it... We want lots of goodies. A good mathematical library etc. AUTHOR
Copyright(C) 1997 Tuomas J. Lukka (lukka@fas.harvard.edu). Redistribution in the same form is allowed but reprinting requires a permission from the author. perl v5.12.1 2009-10-17 PHILOSOPHY(1)