Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris visudo: write error: No space left on device Post 302624305 by methyl on Monday 16th of April 2012 05:26:11 AM
Old 04-16-2012
And:
Code:
df -k /tmp
df -k /var/tmp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

no space left on device

I have a SCO UNIX on my Server. When I last tried to shutdown my system, I got an error message “no space left on device”. Now when I try to boot the system again, I just can't and I get the same error message. Please help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjane
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: No space left on device

I am trying to create new files under my directory...but i getting the following message... cat: write error: No space left on device How do we handle this error. I am not getting this error when I login as the super user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No space left on device

hello all, i have a proc binary that we run on unix environment, and it is generating this error '' tstfile(): No space left on device '' can you please assist on how to narrow down the problem? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdbouk
4 Replies

4. Solaris

No space left on device but free space and inodes are available...

hi guys, me again ;) i recently opened a thread about physical to zone migration. My zone is mounted over a "bigger" LUN (500GB) and step is now to move the old files, from the physical server, to my zone. We are talking about 22mio of files. i used rsync to do that and every time at... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
8 Replies

5. HP-UX

Received error as Not enough space left on device

Hi Forum, We have observed one problem in one of our HP-UX machines which runs a software which connects the radio frequency scan devices and the scanned information is stored in the database through the same software. This software has thrown an error like "Not enough space left on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishant.Jvk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write to 1 failed [No space left on device]

I am getting error in a shell script having a simple date command. Error is " write to 1 failed ". We saw that /tmp folder was 100% full. When we cleared some space in /tmp folder then script worked fine. Why does date command(or any other command) require space in /tmp folder? Which settings... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahish20
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sed: couldn't write 1378 items to stdout: No space left on device

Hi , In file first line start with "",when trying to remove using sed i am getting the below error .Please advise sed -e 's///g' -e 's/$]//g' segment1.txt >>segment_m1 sed: couldn't write 1378 items to stdout: No space left on device Thanks, Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan705
1 Replies

8. Linux

No space left on device while there is plenty of space available

Hello all posting here after scanning the net and tried most of the things offered still no solution that worked when I do : $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on footmpfs 7.9G 60K 7.9G 1% /dev tmpfs 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /dev/shm /dev/da1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Write to 1 failed [No space left on device] Error

Running a installation on Solaris 11 and getting error write to 1 failed If anyone can advise ? ORIGINAL_PATH="${PATH}" # prepend /usr/xpg4/bin to PATH as needed temporaryPath=`expr "${PATH}:" : '\(/usr/xpg4/bin:\)'` if then PATH="/usr/xpg4/bin:${PATH}" seem to have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mpumi
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Sol11 - Error at prompt (no space left on device)

user1@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed user11@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed user1@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed user1@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed user1@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed But theres plenty of space :- user1@:/$ df -kh Filesystem ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
9 Replies
xfs_estimate(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   xfs_estimate(8)

NAME
xfs_estimate - estimate the space that an XFS filesystem will take SYNOPSIS
xfs_estimate [ -h? ] [ -b blocksize ] [ -i logsize ] [ -e logsize ] [ -v ] directory ... DESCRIPTION
For each directory argument, xfs_estimate estimates the space that directory would take if it were copied to an XFS filesystem. xfs_esti- mate does not cross mount points. The following definitions are used: KB = *1024 MB = *1024*1024 GB = *1024*1024*1024 The xfs_estimate options are: -b blocksize Use blocksize instead of the default blocksize of 4096 bytes. The modifier k can be used after the number to indicate multiplica- tion by 1024. For example, xfs_estimate -b 64k / requests an estimate of the space required by the directory / on an XFS filesystem using a blocksize of 64K (65536) bytes. -v Display more information, formatted. -h Display usage message. -? Display usage message. -i, -e logsize Use logsize instead of the default log size of 1000 blocks. -i refers to an internal log, while -e refers to an external log. The modifiers k or m can be used after the number to indicate multiplication by 1024 or 1048576, respectively. For example, xfs_estimate -i 1m / requests an estimate of the space required by the directory / on an XFS filesystem using an internal log of 1 megabyte. EXAMPLES
% xfs_estimate -e 10m /var/tmp /var/tmp will take about 4.2 megabytes with the external log using 2560 blocks or about 10.0 megabytes % xfs_estimate -v -e 10m /var/tmp directory bsize blocks megabytes logsize /var/tmp 4096 792 4.0MB 10485760 % xfs_estimate -v /var/tmp directory bsize blocks megabytes logsize /var/tmp 4096 3352 14.0MB 10485760 % xfs_estimate /var/tmp /var/tmp will take about 14.0 megabytes xfs_estimate(8)