Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users perl and HP-UX : instmodsh in combination with software depot : update inventory for installed Perl Post 302624285 by bora99 on Monday 16th of April 2012 11:25:42 AM
Old 04-16-2012
perl and HP-UX : instmodsh in combination with software depot : update inventory for installed Perl

we create a HP-UX software depot with a new perl-modul. after installation of the software depot, the perl module
i can't find with instmodsh in the inventory for installed Perl modules.

- i have learned of using instmodsh command : i find out what modules are already installed on my system.

- we have following system
- at a one server we install a perl modul to a different directory (INSTALLDIRS="vendor").
- then we use HP-UX swpackage to create a software depot with the files of the perl module.
- finally we install a perl module with HP-UX "swinstall"

this system works well and the perl modul works well after installation with HP-UX "swinstall" .

but now i find out, i can't see the perl modul with "instmodsh"
when i install it interactive with "perl Makefile.PL" and "make install", i can see it with "instmodsh".

so i think, i have to start a command to update the inventory for installed Perl modules ?

i think it is a part of the created "Makefile" (with "perl Makefile.PL") ?

for update perllocal.pod i find a debug in the Makefile:

/usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e perllocal_install "Module" "<New-Module" "installed into" "/opt/perl_32/lib/vendor_perl/5.8.8" LINKTYPE "dynamic" VERSION "<Version>" EXE_FILES " /opt/perl_32/lib/5.8.8/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi/perllocal.pod"

---------- Post updated at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:14 AM ----------

i have news :

i have little skills of Makefile.

i can update the inventory with following sections of Makefile:

make pure_perl_install and make doc_vendor_install. but i check with Perl Module Manager | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net the inventory like /usr/bin/perlmod -f Module::Mod1 and the module exists , but no detail informations. this is the part of Makefile , which i want to extend after software depot installation:

make pure_perl_install
/usr/bin/perl -MExtUtils::Install -e 'install({@ARGV}, '\''0'\'', 0, '\''0'\'');' \
read /opt/perl_32/lib/5.8.8/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi/auto/Module/Mod1/.packlist \
write /opt/perl_32/lib/5.8.8/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi/auto/Module/Mod1/.packlist \
blib/lib /opt/perl_32/lib/5.8.8 \
blib/arch /opt/perl_32/lib/5.8.8/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi \
blib/bin /opt/perl_32/bin \
blib/script /opt/perl_32/bin \
blib/man1 /opt/perl_32/man/man1 \
blib/man3 /opt/perl_32/man/man3

/usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e warn_if_old_packlist \
/opt/perl_32/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi/auto/Module/Mod1

make doc_vendor_install
/usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command" -e mkpath /opt/perl_32/lib/5.8.8/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi

/usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e perllocal_install "Module" "Module::Mod1" "installed into" "/opt/perl_32/lib/vendor_perl/5.8.8" LINKTYPE "dynamic" VERSION "0.92" EXE_FILES " /opt/perl_32/lib/5.8.8/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi/perllocal.pod"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Software Inventory

How can I find out what software is installed on the machine, other than ls? Is there a registry program like in Windows? The os is Sun 2.5. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ViperD
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if perl is installed?

Hi, i'm designing a unix script and i want to know if there is a shell command or a way to see if perl is installed in the system. thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Which version of perl is installed on my system?

Hi, With the command perl -v i can see the perl version, but it's like a text file.. is there a command which could give me just the perl version number? i.e.: "5.8.1" thanks!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Collecting software inventory

how to obtain/ collect a list of all the applications installed in the system.. is there a configuration file(like the one which exists for hardware ) which holds all this information?? if no is there any command/shell script or utility that we can use for the same ?? I am using Red hat linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superghost
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know the program 'perl' is installed ?

Hi, How can I know the perl interpreter is installed in the system? When I type 'find / -name perl -print 2>/dev/null', there is 6 lines listing: /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/perl-5.8.0/bin/perl /usr/opt/IAFW310/PERL/perl /usr/opt/IAFW310/PERL/t/perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
3 Replies

6. AIX

Perl installed by default?

Hi all, I wanted to know if Perl comes installed by default on AIX 5.2 and 5.3. I know it's available through the Linux affinity toolbox, but couldn't figure out if it's installed by default along with the RPM (rpm.rte). Does anyone know for sure? Thanks, JP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbeaudry
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Utilities/Scipts to Inventory Hardware and Software

Hi All, I am looking for a way to inventory the hardware and software components of many Solaris 8 servers/workstations. I would like to script this to run against a list of IP's in a text file. For Windows there are many such programs available (like Belarc) Is there anything similar for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: limey
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

DEPOT software

I am using SAM and it is asking for the location of the DEPOT software. I don't know what the DEPOT software is. Can anyone explain and tell me where the default location for the software is? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Good acl for remote depot software

This is the situation On hpux2.domain.com i have set a depot source,copying various depots on /var/spool/sw I can install from hpux2,but i want to do a remote access to other hosts,i have tried this swacl -l global_product_template -M host:hpux3.domain.com:crw-t swacl -l depot -M... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server inventory software

Hi, do you know any good server inventory open source products? I want information like, server hostnames, ram, cpu, os, filesystems, volume groups, disks, adapters, installed software versions, firmware levels and so on os: aix, solaris, linux, hpux data should be kept in a database, web... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
7 Replies
CPANPLUS::Dist::MM(3pm) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   CPANPLUS::Dist::MM(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Dist::MM - distribution class for MakeMaker related modules SYNOPSIS
$mm = CPANPLUS::Dist::MM->new( module => $modobj ); $mm->create; # runs make && make test $mm->install; # runs make install DESCRIPTION
"CPANPLUS::Dist::MM" is a distribution class for MakeMaker related modules. Using this package, you can create, install and uninstall perl modules. It inherits from "CPANPLUS::Dist". ACCESSORS
parent() Returns the "CPANPLUS::Module" object that parented this object. status() Returns the "Object::Accessor" object that keeps the status for this module. STATUS ACCESSORS
All accessors can be accessed as follows: $mm->status->ACCESSOR makefile () Location of the Makefile (or Build file). Set to 0 explicitly if something went wrong. make () BOOL indicating if the "make" (or "Build") command was successful. test () BOOL indicating if the "make test" (or "Build test") command was successful. prepared () BOOL indicating if the "prepare" call exited successfully This gets set after "perl Makefile.PL" distdir () Full path to the directory in which the "prepare" call took place, set after a call to "prepare". created () BOOL indicating if the "create" call exited successfully. This gets set after "make" and "make test". installed () BOOL indicating if the module was installed. This gets set after "make install" (or "Build install") exits successfully. uninstalled () BOOL indicating if the module was uninstalled properly. _create_args () Storage of the arguments passed to "create" for this object. Used for recursive calls when satisfying prerequisites. _install_args () Storage of the arguments passed to "install" for this object. Used for recursive calls when satisfying prerequisites. METHODS
$bool = $dist->format_available(); Returns a boolean indicating whether or not you can use this package to create and install modules in your environment. $bool = $dist->init(); Sets up the "CPANPLUS::Dist::MM" object for use. Effectively creates all the needed status accessors. Called automatically whenever you create a new "CPANPLUS::Dist" object. $bool = $dist->prepare([perl => '/path/to/perl', makemakerflags => 'EXTRA=FLAGS', force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) "prepare" preps a distribution for installation. This means it will run "perl Makefile.PL" and determine what prerequisites this distribution declared. If you set "force" to true, it will go over all the stages of the "prepare" process again, ignoring any previously cached results. When running "perl Makefile.PL", the environment variable "PERL5_CPANPLUS_IS_EXECUTING" will be set to the full path of the "Makefile.PL" that is being executed. This enables any code inside the "Makefile.PL" to know that it is being installed via CPANPLUS. Returns true on success and false on failure. You may then call "$dist->create" on the object to create the installable files. $href = $dist->_find_prereqs( file => '/path/to/Makefile', [verbose => BOOL]) Parses a "Makefile" for "PREREQ_PM" entries and distills from that any prerequisites mentioned in the "Makefile" Returns a hash with module-version pairs on success and false on failure. $bool = $dist->create([perl => '/path/to/perl', make => '/path/to/make', makeflags => 'EXTRA=FLAGS', prereq_target => TARGET, skiptest => BOOL, force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) "create" creates the files necessary for installation. This means it will run "make" and "make test". This will also scan for and attempt to satisfy any prerequisites the module may have. If you set "skiptest" to true, it will skip the "make test" stage. If you set "force" to true, it will go over all the stages of the "make" process again, ignoring any previously cached results. It will also ignore a bad return value from "make test" and still allow the operation to return true. Returns true on success and false on failure. You may then call "$dist->install" on the object to actually install it. $bool = $dist->install([make => '/path/to/make', makemakerflags => 'EXTRA=FLAGS', force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) "install" runs the following command: make install Returns true on success, false on failure. $bool = $dist->write_makefile_pl([force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) This routine can write a "Makefile.PL" from the information in a module object. It is used to write a "Makefile.PL" when the original author forgot it (!!). Returns 1 on success and false on failure. The file gets written to the directory the module's been extracted to. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Dist::MM(3pm)