Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text Convert
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text Convert Post 302623693 by kata33 on Saturday 14th of April 2012 11:01:43 AM
Old 04-14-2012
Thank you code works. but only outputs are between 1***-9***
I have the format.
Code:
1***j76j67
k87k
30***6h6
543***h6h6
9743***h6h6
16344***h66

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment How to use code tags

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-14-2012 at 06:15 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I convert unix text to to win text?

How do I convert unix text files into readable text for windows. Dave (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nucca
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text to numerical

Hi folks, I am trying to convert one character to a numeric format, for example : " 1" to number 1 :cool: Ups forgot to tell you .. !!! I am trying to do it with kornshell !!! ;) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nzq71k
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Text to Excel

I have some text data generated by a perl script and want to put it into an excel sheet. Is there a perl script that can do this for me, i.e, convert text data to excel? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavankk
1 Replies

4. Programming

convert text file to csv

hi all, i have a select query that gives me the output in the following way... SYSTYPE -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Success Failures Total RFT ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- TYP 1 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert text to columns in tab delimited text file

Hello Gurus, I have a text file containing nearly 12,000 tab delimited characters with 4000 rows. If the file size is small, excel can convert the text into coloumns. However, the file that I have is very big. Can some body help me in solving this problem? The input file example, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Convert

Hello, I have a text file(utf8-bom). I want convert to following format. Thank you. 1***hello 35345 29***hello test6 380***bill33 4327***hello test6 47829***hull55 65644***hello test6 I want this format. 1***hello 35345 29***hello test6 380***bill33 4327***hello test6 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kata33
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text to CSV

Hi Gurus I need urgent help to convert a flat log file into csv format to load into database. Log looks like: a=1 b=2 c=3 a=4 b=5 c=6 Only the values at right side of = will come into csv and it should create a new line once it receives "a" field. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandipjee
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert Text data to xls?

Hi Team, I have created a script to output DB Query data to a text file. It displays output as follows for 2 different queries appended to same file. I want help to convert this data to xls format so that the output of first query is in 1 tab and the other in second tab. Please help. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text to csv

Hi, Is there somebody there to post an idea on how to convert this 5 liner row to 1 liner or tab delimiter to be import to database. Here the text file format: Description: Description1 Link: https://www.google.com Date: June 2, 2018 Time: 00:07:44 Age: 1 days ago Description:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert text to columns

Hi. I need an input file of a single word pr. line converted in into a list of random pairs. i need input like this word1 word2 word3 word4 to be outputted like this: word3 word1 word2 word4 My attempt is a tedious while loop like this: nfiles=$(cat inputfile | wc -l) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BotHead
4 Replies
GAPPLETVIEWER(1)							GNU							  GAPPLETVIEWER(1)

NAME
gappletviewer - Load and runs an applet SYNOPSIS
appletviewer [OPTION]... URL... appletviewer [OPTION]... -code CODE appletviewer [OPTION]... -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT DESCRIPTION
The appletviewer tool loads and runs an applet. Use the first form to test applets specified by tag. The URL should resolve to an HTML document from which the appletviewer will extract applet tags. The APPLET, EMBED and OBJECT tags are supported. If a given document contains multiple applet tags, all the applets will be loaded, with each applet appearing in its own window. Likewise, when multiple URLs are specified, each applet tag instance is given its own window. If a given document contains no recognized tags the appletviewer does nothing. appletviewer http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/ Use the second form to test an applet in development. This form allows applet tag attributes to be supplied on the command line. Only one applet may be specified using the -code option. The -code option overrides the URL form -- any URLs specified will be ignored. appletviewer -code Test.class -param datafile,data.txt gcjwebplugin uses the third form to communicate with the appletviewer through named pipes. OPTIONS
URL OPTIONS -debug This option is not yet implemented but is provided for compatibility. -encoding CHARSET Use this option to specify an alternate character encoding for the specified HTML page. APPLET TAG OPTIONS -code CODE Use the -code option to specify the value of the applet tag CODE attribute. -codebase CODEBASE Use the -codebase option to specify the value of the applet tag CODEBASE attribute. -archive ARCHIVE Use the -archive option to specify the value of the applet tag ARCHIVE attribute. -width WIDTH Use the -width option to specify the value of the applet tag WIDTH attribute. -height HEIGHT Use the -height option to specify the value of the applet tag HEIGHT attribute. -param NAME,VALUE Use the -param option to specify values for the NAME and VALUE attributes of an applet PARAM tag. PLUGIN OPTION -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT gcjwebplugin uses the -plugin option to specify the named pipe the appletviewer should use for receiving commands (INPUT) and the one it should use for sending commands to gcjwebplugin (OUTPUT). DEBUGGING OPTION -verbose Use the -verbose option to have the appletviewer print debugging messages. STANDARD OPTIONS -help Use the -help option to have the appletviewer print a usage message, then exit. -version Use the -version option to have the appletviewer print its version, then exit. -JOPTION Use the -J option to pass OPTION to the virtual machine that will run the appletviewer. Unlike other options, there must not be a space between the -J and OPTION. BUGS
SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
0.98 2010-07-05 GAPPLETVIEWER(1)