Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories Why am I persistent to be WRONG! Post 302623573 by ananthap on Friday 13th of April 2012 09:46:50 PM
Old 04-13-2012
Quote:
on, where you failed not because you were dumb, but because you didn't understood the project requirement very well. How did you handle it?
You said it. Thats the real reason isn't it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux - Persistent routes not working

Hello, I'm having problems with persistent routes. I have the route added to route-eth1. But when I run the 'route' command to display the routes, it does not show the newly added route. I did restart the network service. That did not help. I also rebooted the server, but still did not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Persistent variable

I found a way to make a numeric variable persistent for a script : #!/bin/bash function Persist() { # 1:Expression like VARIABLE=Value (numeric) local V=${1%=*} eval "$1" sed -i "s/^$V=*/$1/" $(which $(basename $0)) || return 1 }And how to use itAA=12 read -p "Enter a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frans
2 Replies

3. AIX

HACMP Persistent IP blacklisted

Hi, I want to use the service IP incase for any network activity rather than the persistent IP as the Persistent IP is blacklisted in our network. Is there any way to make the service ip as LPARs default IP to be used as the lpars source IP incase it pings anything or acceses any external... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
6 Replies

4. AIX

Unable to add persistent IP

i am trying to make HACMP but when i add a persistent ip, error shows unable to determine address for 'UPIDGIS1_pers' pls help me out AIX - 5.3 HACMP -5.4 thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply.ravi
2 Replies

5. AIX

PowerHA, same subnet for persistent and service ip

I am new in AIX and please forgive my poor english. I know that AIX allow same subnet IPs for different interfaces, which result in multipath routing / route striping. My question is, is there any best practice for the persistent and service IP with same subnet to stay on same interface, or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeyeung
5 Replies

6. Solaris

aggr not persistent after a reboot

All, I hope someone can help me on my problem with an aggregate, as I am a Solaris noob. I tried doing this according to the official documentation from Oracle (unfortunately, as a new user to the forum, I may not post URLs...) and also googled a lot around, but have not found any solution yet.... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Captainquark
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

8. Programming

Python Request Persistent

I noticed that when attempting to download videos from the url, I receive a 403 forbidden when I get through to a certain point in my downloads. I can download a third of the videos but will error: Retrieving file 'blah-video.f4v'... Traceback (most recent call last): ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

9. AIX

BootIP vs Persistent IP in HACMP

I have done other clusters (HP MC/Service Guard and oracle Clusters, and RHEL Cluster services), and have good idea about hacmp (a little older knowledge). However the term "Boot IP" for some reason is messing with my head. Have not done HACMP since the 4.1.2.X days. Is the Bootip the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)