Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: While loop animation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While loop animation Post 302623567 by digitalviking on Friday 13th of April 2012 08:35:42 PM
Old 04-13-2012
Amazing cheers mate

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphics And Animation

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY C OR ANY OTHER UNIX LANGUAGE IS USED IN THREE DIMENSIONAL ANIMATION AND RENDERING (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
5 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

3d animation

What are the benefits to using UNIX for 3d animation. I am looking into the field, and most places require a strong background in UNIX. Why is this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

unix.com Flash animation

I realy Love the look of the Flash animation at top of the forum, very sweet. But it uses all of my cpu power :( even winamp starts getting little skips. Then i have to scroll down and hide the nice animation :( Maybe someone could try to tune it a little bit. Thats on a 1,6 Ghz... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script animation

I have read hundreds of the postings and cannot find the answer to my question...so I hope that someone is able to answer it for me. I am writing a script in bash, and would like to add animation. I have a gif file that I would like to open and have displayed on the screen. Can this be done? Of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: debit
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Animation

Hi, I want to write a shell script which can do some animation The animation is as follows it is like a progress barwhich hould gone on inresing with time & at the end of the line there should be the progess Eg == - 10%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot shell script controlled animation

Hi, I am looking for basic shell script to feed Gnuplot with live data, to arrange basic animation. I mean one-liner one variable real function. Any idea or experiences from the past, generating Gnuplot animation on dumb terminal (ASCII only) ? Or please refer me to a nice web site. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
7 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Description Animation with jQuery

I found that the pages that lists all the forums were too cluttered with the forum descriptions, so I added a bit of jQuery to hide the forum descriptions and to fade them in and out on mouseover: <script> $(document).ready(function() { jQuery(".neo-forum-description").hide();... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Loading Animation for Large Man Page Repositories

Should have done this 10 years ago, so better late than never: Just added a "loading" animation to the the man page repositories when they load, especially since some are very large and take many seconds to load. See for example: https://www.unix.com/man-page-opensolaris-repository.php ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
xfs_estimate(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   xfs_estimate(8)

NAME
xfs_estimate - estimate the space that an XFS filesystem will take SYNOPSIS
xfs_estimate [ -h? ] [ -b blocksize ] [ -i logsize ] [ -e logsize ] [ -v ] directory ... DESCRIPTION
For each directory argument, xfs_estimate estimates the space that directory would take if it were copied to an XFS filesystem. xfs_esti- mate does not cross mount points. The following definitions are used: KB = *1024 MB = *1024*1024 GB = *1024*1024*1024 The xfs_estimate options are: -b blocksize Use blocksize instead of the default blocksize of 4096 bytes. The modifier k can be used after the number to indicate multiplica- tion by 1024. For example, xfs_estimate -b 64k / requests an estimate of the space required by the directory / on an XFS filesystem using a blocksize of 64K (65536) bytes. -v Display more information, formatted. -h Display usage message. -? Display usage message. -i, -e logsize Use logsize instead of the default log size of 1000 blocks. -i refers to an internal log, while -e refers to an external log. The modifiers k or m can be used after the number to indicate multiplication by 1024 or 1048576, respectively. For example, xfs_estimate -i 1m / requests an estimate of the space required by the directory / on an XFS filesystem using an internal log of 1 megabyte. EXAMPLES
% xfs_estimate -e 10m /var/tmp /var/tmp will take about 4.2 megabytes with the external log using 2560 blocks or about 10.0 megabytes % xfs_estimate -v -e 10m /var/tmp directory bsize blocks megabytes logsize /var/tmp 4096 792 4.0MB 10485760 % xfs_estimate -v /var/tmp directory bsize blocks megabytes logsize /var/tmp 4096 3352 14.0MB 10485760 % xfs_estimate /var/tmp /var/tmp will take about 14.0 megabytes xfs_estimate(8)