Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: While loop animation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While loop animation Post 302623551 by methyl on Friday 13th of April 2012 08:04:40 PM
Old 04-13-2012
Please post your sample code and mention what Operating System and version you have and what Shell you are using.
Your problem is that you need to append a dot to the dot string with no line-feed. The syntax to do this varies somewhat according to your local environment.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphics And Animation

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY C OR ANY OTHER UNIX LANGUAGE IS USED IN THREE DIMENSIONAL ANIMATION AND RENDERING (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
5 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

3d animation

What are the benefits to using UNIX for 3d animation. I am looking into the field, and most places require a strong background in UNIX. Why is this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

unix.com Flash animation

I realy Love the look of the Flash animation at top of the forum, very sweet. But it uses all of my cpu power :( even winamp starts getting little skips. Then i have to scroll down and hide the nice animation :( Maybe someone could try to tune it a little bit. Thats on a 1,6 Ghz... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script animation

I have read hundreds of the postings and cannot find the answer to my question...so I hope that someone is able to answer it for me. I am writing a script in bash, and would like to add animation. I have a gif file that I would like to open and have displayed on the screen. Can this be done? Of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: debit
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Animation

Hi, I want to write a shell script which can do some animation The animation is as follows it is like a progress barwhich hould gone on inresing with time & at the end of the line there should be the progess Eg == - 10%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot shell script controlled animation

Hi, I am looking for basic shell script to feed Gnuplot with live data, to arrange basic animation. I mean one-liner one variable real function. Any idea or experiences from the past, generating Gnuplot animation on dumb terminal (ASCII only) ? Or please refer me to a nice web site. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
7 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Description Animation with jQuery

I found that the pages that lists all the forums were too cluttered with the forum descriptions, so I added a bit of jQuery to hide the forum descriptions and to fade them in and out on mouseover: <script> $(document).ready(function() { jQuery(".neo-forum-description").hide();... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Loading Animation for Large Man Page Repositories

Should have done this 10 years ago, so better late than never: Just added a "loading" animation to the the man page repositories when they load, especially since some are very large and take many seconds to load. See for example: https://www.unix.com/man-page-opensolaris-repository.php ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
qmail-command(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  qmail-command(8)

NAME
qmail-command - user-specified mail delivery program SYNOPSIS
in .qmailext: |command DESCRIPTION
qmail-local will, upon your request, feed each incoming mail message through a program of your choice. When a mail message arrives, qmail-local runs sh -c command in your home directory. It makes the message available on command's standard input. WARNING: The mail message does not begin with qmail-local's usual Return-Path and Delivered-To lines. Note that qmail-local uses the same file descriptor for every delivery in your .qmail file, so it is not safe for command to fork a child that reads the message in the background while the parent exits. EXIT CODES
command's exit codes are interpreted as follows: 0 means that the delivery was successful; 99 means that the delivery was successful, but that qmail-local should ignore all further delivery instructions; 100 means that the delivery failed permanently (hard error); 111 means that the delivery failed but should be tried again in a little while (soft error). Currently 64, 65, 70, 76, 77, 78, and 112 are considered hard errors, and all other codes are considered soft errors, but command should avoid relying on this. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
qmail-local supplies several useful environment variables to command. WARNING: These environment variables are not quoted. They may con- tain special characters. They are under the control of a possibly malicious remote user. SENDER is the envelope sender address. NEWSENDER is the forwarding envelope sender address, as described in dot-qmail(5). RECIPIENT is the envelope recipient address, local@domain. USER is user. HOME is your home directory, homedir. HOST is the domain part of the recipi- ent address. LOCAL is the local part. EXT is the address extension, ext. HOST2 is the portion of HOST preceding the last dot; HOST3 is the portion of HOST preceding the second-to-last dot; HOST4 is the portion of HOST preceding the third-to-last dot. EXT2 is the portion of EXT following the first dash; EXT3 is the portion following the second dash; EXT4 is the portion following the third dash. DEFAULT is the portion corresponding to the default part of the .qmail-... file name; DEFAULT is not set if the file name does not end with default. DTLINE and RPLINE are the usual Delivered-To and Return-Path lines, including newlines. UFLINE is the UUCP-style From_ line that qmail- local adds to mbox-format files. SEE ALSO
dot-qmail(5), envelopes(5), qmail-local(8) qmail-command(8)