Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming open() system call in c++???? Post 302623209 by pflynn on Friday 13th of April 2012 09:43:24 AM
Old 04-13-2012
This is an important difference between the C and the C++ languages. In C++, declaration of function prototypes are mandatory. In C, they are recommended, but not mandatory.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

2. Programming

c system call

How the c compiler differentiates the system calls and function calls? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rangaswamy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

system call

Hi, How to write a system calls in a script ? > cd $HOME > ls -ltr thanks in advance.. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
10 Replies

4. Programming

C:system call

Hi I'm studing the system call. I've written a small program that return the time spent in doing some operations. Now I'd like to write one that return the time spent in user mode of a process. I'm reading that i should use the tms struct: clock_t times(struct tms *buf); struct tms {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System Call Wrapper of 'open'

When the programmer use 'open' function, the process is like below. "open -> system call wrapper of open in Glibc -> syscall_open in kernel" I found the wrapper of open, but there is no implementation like 'int $80'. int __open (file, oflag) const char *file; int oflag; { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuno96
3 Replies

6. Programming

Is there a system call other than 'open' for opening very large files?

Dear all, Inside a C program, I want to open a very big file (about 12 GB) in order to read its content. Here is the code: /* argv contains the path to the file. */ inputFileDescriptor = open(argv, O_RDONLY); if (inputFileDescriptor < 0) { ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
6 Replies

7. Programming

system call

I have a cgi script which is called after certain time interval, which has this: system ("ls -l /tmp/cgic* | grep -v \"cgicsave.env\" | awk '{print $5}'"); During the execution of this script,the output is 0 sometimes. But due to this the system call is not working at all and doesnt o/p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xs2punit
2 Replies

8. Programming

need help with system call

hi everyone i wrote a system call and compiled the kernel succesfully... my system call is in a file in the kernel folder named my_syscall1.c (kernel/my_syscall1.c) the header file for this system call i added it in the folder include like this include/my_syscall1/my_syscall1.h my problem is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: demis87
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

system call

Trying to figure out a load issue with a webserver. I have traced a php script and noticed the following connect(4, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(3306), sin_addr=inet_addr("XX.XX.XX.XX")}, 16) = -1 EINPROGRESS (Operation now in progress) <0.000035> poll(, 1, 2000) = 1 () <0.000120>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan007
5 Replies
Config::Model::Iterator(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Config::Model::Iterator(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::Iterator - Iterates forward or backward a configuration tree VERSION
version 2.021 SYNOPSIS
use Config::Model; use Log::Log4perl qw(:easy); Log::Log4perl->easy_init($WARN); # define configuration tree object my $model = Config::Model->new; $model->create_config_class( name => "Foo", element => [ [qw/bar baz/] => { type => 'leaf', value_type => 'string', level => 'important' , }, ] ); $model->create_config_class( name => "MyClass", element => [ foo_nodes => { type => 'hash', # hash id index_type => 'string', level => 'important' , cargo => { type => 'node', config_class_name => 'Foo' }, }, ], ); my $inst = $model->instance( root_class_name => 'MyClass' ); # create some Foo objects $inst->config_root->load("foo_nodes:foo1 - foo_nodes:foo2 ") ; my $my_leaf_cb = sub { my ($iter, $data_r,$node,$element,$index, $leaf_object) = @_ ; print "leaf_cb called for ",$leaf_object->location," " ; } ; my $my_hash_cb = sub { my ($iter, $data_r,$node,$element,@keys) = @_ ; print "hash_element_cb called for element $element with keys @keys " ; } ; my $iterator = $inst -> iterator ( leaf_cb => $my_leaf_cb, hash_element_cb => $my_hash_cb , ); $iterator->start ; ### prints # hash_element_cb called for element foo_nodes with keys foo1 foo2 # leaf_cb called for foo_nodes:foo1 bar # leaf_cb called for foo_nodes:foo1 baz # leaf_cb called for foo_nodes:foo2 bar # leaf_cb called for foo_nodes:foo2 baz DESCRIPTION
This module provides a class that is able to iterate forward or backward a configuration tree. The iterator will stop and call back user defined subroutines on one of the following condition: o A configuration item contains an error (mostly undefined mandatory values) o A configuration item contains warnings and the constructor's argument "call_back_on_warning" was set. o A configuration item has a "important" level and the constructor's argument "call_back_on_important" was set.. See level parameter for details. By default, the iterator will only stop on element with an "intermediate" experience. The iterator supports going forward and backward (to support "back" and "next" buttons on a wizard widget). CONSTRUCTOR
The constructor should be used only by Config::Model::Instance with the iterator method. Creating an iterator A iterator requires at least two kind of call-back: a call-back for leaf elements and a call-back for hash elements (which will be also used for list elements). These call-back must be passed when creating the iterator (the parameters are named "leaf_cb" and "hash_element_cb") Here are the the parameters accepted by "iterator": call_back_on_important Whether to call back when an important element is found (default 0). call_back_on_warning Whether to call back when an item with warnings is found (default 0). experience Specifies the experience of the element scanned by the wizard (default 'intermediate'). status Specifies the status of the element scanned by the wizard (default 'standard'). leaf_cb Subroutine called backed for leaf elements. See "Callback prototypes" in Config::Model::ObjTreeScanner for signature and details. (mandatory) hash_element_cb Subroutine called backed for hash elements. See "Callback prototypes" in Config::Model::ObjTreeScanner for signature and details. (mandatory) Custom callbacks By default, "leaf_cb" will be called for all types of leaf elements (i.e enum. integer, strings, ...). But you can provide dedicated call- back for each type of leaf: enum_value_cb, integer_value_cb, number_value_cb, boolean_value_cb, uniline_value_cb, string_value_cb Likewise, you can also provide a call-back dedicated to list elements with "list_element_cb" Methods start Start the scan and perform call-back when needed. This function will return when the scan is completely done. bail_out When called, a variable is set so that all call_backs will return as soon as possible. Used to abort wizard. go_forward Set wizard in forward (default) mode. go_backward Set wizard in backward mode. AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont, (ddumont at cpan dot org) SEE ALSO
Config::Model, Config::Model::Instance, Config::Model::Node, Config::Model::HashId, Config::Model::ListId, Config::Model::Value, Config::Model::CheckList, Config::Model::ObjTreeScanner, perl v5.14.2 2012-11-09 Config::Model::Iterator(3pm)