Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking squid proxy: one NIC for inbound & one NIC for outbound? Post 302622795 by Corona688 on Thursday 12th of April 2012 03:57:09 PM
Old 04-12-2012
You can't tell squid which network card to use. You tell it what IP addresses to listen on.

Configure your squid proxy to listen on one IP address, and configure the interface you want squid to listen on to that IP address.

If your server connects to the internet through the other interface, routing tables will do the rest.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Cant configure video & nic (solaris 8 on x86)

can someone please through light on how to configure video and nic. Dimension 3000 Series, Intel Pentium 4 Processor at 2.8GHz 256MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz EA 0.00 0.00 17 in (17 in viewable) E173FP Flat Panel Display EA Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2 EA Intel Pro 100M Integrated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmpy
4 Replies

2. Solaris

x86 Solaris 10 nic driver added but not attached. NIC is not detected.

I couldn't install my nic in solaris 10. I compiled and added the driver but failed to attach the driver and ifconfig output shows only loopback dev. Please see the following output and tell me whether my nic has been detected and why the driver failed to attach? My nic is detected in linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

I want to tune NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. which NIC device should I modify.

Dear All I want tune my NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. In my system I have two NIC (eth0, eth1) and I have a bond0 ( eth0, eth1). Here is the question? Which device should I modify ? eth0 and eth1? or just modify bond0 or modify all device (eth0, eth1, bond0) Any advice is welcome.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Help asap squid with 2 nic cards setup

I found an old post that talks about 2 nice cards and it is driven by the IP address .... but I didn't understand it because the 2 people skipped information for me the newbie.. Can someone help me... I have the proxy server setup and I believe I have enabled the 2nd nic card, I just need one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trilju2005
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How do you setup 2 nic cards for squid Ubuntu server?

I have a made my squid proxy, I now have add another nic card to an old CPU using Ubuntu server 12.04. I have seen another post similar however I am new and did not understand some of it. Something about redirecting IP address and IP table? I don't know how to do this.:confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: trilju2005
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Inbound/Outbound shell script(ksh)

URGENT ---------- Post updated at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:23 AM ---------- (I could not post I didn't know why so I need to put the contents via reply, sorry) Hi all :D, I am a newbie of Unix shell script and I was assigned the work from user that I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogkub
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Haed code nxge0 nic interface with full duplex & 1000mbps

Hi All I would need to do hard code of nxge0 nic to full duplex & 1000mbps. So that whenever solaris server come up after reboot. it will show full duplex & 1000mbps setting only. Please also let me know how to do it online through command. regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to track Inbound Outbound connections to PID?

I have a Application Server process that hosts my application web & EJB and JMS and Database connectios etc. Using the PID what is the best way to find out the Inbound connection sockets i.e those parties that connect to my server process on different ports numbers and Outbound connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

9. Linux

Add two different subnet public IPs to single NIC or two different NIC on same box

Hello Admins, My ask is how can I add two different subnet IPs to same box with two different gateways? The issue is I can connect to the box when I am on ethernet LAN, but I am not able to connect to the same IP when I am on wifi. The server is RHEL 7 VM on vmware. How can I get connected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies
squid(8)                                                      System Manager's Manual                                                     squid(8)

NAME
squid - proxy caching server SYNOPSIS
squid [ -dhirsvzCDFINRVYX ] [ -l facility ] [ -f config-file ] [ -[ au ] port ] [ -k signal ] [ -n service-name ] [ -O cmd-line ] DESCRIPTION
squid is a high-performance proxy caching server for web clients, supporting FTP, gopher, and HTTP data objects. Unlike traditional caching software, squid handles all requests in a single, non-blocking, I/O-driven process. squid keeps meta data and especially hot objects cached in RAM, caches DNS lookups, supports non-blocking DNS lookups, and implements nega- tive caching of failed requests. squid supports SSL, extensive access controls, and full request logging. By using the lightweight Internet Cache Protocol, squid caches can be arranged in a hierarchy or mesh for additional bandwidth savings. squid consists of a main server program squid, a Domain Name System lookup program dnsserver, some optional programs for rewriting requests and performing authentication, and some management and client tools. When squid starts up, it spawns a configurable number of dnsserver processes, each of which can perform a single, blocking Domain Name System (DNS) lookup. This reduces the amount of time the cache waits for DNS lookups. squid is derived from the ARPA-funded Harvest Project http://harvest.cs.colorado.edu/ This manual page only lists the command line arguments. For details on how to configure squid see the file /etc/squid/squid.conf, the Squid FAQ and the documentation at the squid home page http://www.squid-cache.org OPTIONS
-d level Write debugging to stderr also. -f file Use the given config-file instead of /etc/squid/squid.conf -h Print help message. -i Install as a Windows Service (see -n option). -k reconfigure | rotate | shutdown | interrupt | kill | debug | check | parse Parse configuration file, then send signal to running copy (except -k parse) and exit. -n name Specify Windows Service name to use for service operations, default is: Squid -r Remove a Windows Service (see -n option). -s Enable logging to syslog. -l facility Use specified syslog facility. implies -s -u port Specify ICP port number (default: 3130), disable with 0. -v Print version. -z Create swap directories -C Do not catch fatal signals. -D Disable initial DNS tests. -F Don't serve any requests until store is rebuilt. -I Override first HTTP port with the bound socket passed in on standard input. -N No daemon mode. -O options Set Windows Service Command line options in Registry. -R Do not set REUSEADDR on port. -X Force full debugging. -Y Only return UDP_HIT or UDP_MISS_NOFETCH during fast reload. FILES
/etc/squid/squid.conf The main configuration file. You must initially make changes to this file for squid to work. For example, the default configura- tion does not allow access from any browser. /usr/share/doc/squid/examples/squid.conf Reference copy of the configuration file. Always kept up to date with the version of Squid you are using. Use this to look up con- figuration syntax after upgrading. /usr/share/squid/mime.conf (mime_table) MIME type mappings for FTP gatewaying /usr/share/squid/errors/en (error_directory) Error page templates SEE ALSO
cachemgr.cgi(8), ncsa_auth(8), pam_auth(8), squid_ldap_auth(8), squid_ldap_group(8), squid_session(8), squid_unix_group(8), The Squid FAQ Squid Web Proxy 2.7.STABLE9 2006-05-29 squid(8)