Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculating average for every Nth line in the Nth column Post 302622511 by zaxxon on Thursday 12th of April 2012 08:38:54 AM
Old 04-12-2012
I guess the 1944 etc. is the important identifier? Using -1,-2,-3 just to filter the relevant lines:
Code:
awk -F"[,-]" '/-0[123],/ {a[$1]+=$NF; c[$1]++} END{for(e in a)print e", "a[e]/c[e]}' infile
1945, 8.6
1946, 24.3

This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing 1st or nth column

Hi, I have a file whick is pipe delimited : 100| alpha| tabgo|watch| |||| 444444 | alpha| tabgo|watch| |||| 444444 | sweden |tabgo|watch| |||| 444444 | US| tabgo|watch| |||| 444444 100| factory| tabgo|watch| |||| 444444 | ABC| tabgo|watch| |||| 444444 | launch| tabgo|watch| ||||... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshanw
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get 3rd column of nth line

hi; i have a file.txt and its 9th, 10th and 11th line lines are: RbsLocalCell=S2C1 maxPortIP 4 (this is 9th line) RbsLocalCell=S3C1 maxPortIP 4 (this is 10th line) RbsLocalCell=S1C1 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Nth Column

Please help me how can I display every nth field present in a "|" delimited file. Ex: If a have a file with data as a|b|c|d|e|f|g|h|k|l|m|n I want to display every 3rd feild which means the output should be c f k n Please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ngkumar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to find top Nth values in Nth column

I have an awk script to find the maximum value of the 2nd column of a 2 column datafile, but I need to find the top 5 maximum values of the 2nd column. Here is the script that works for the maximum value. awk 'BEGIN { subjectmax=$1 ; max=0} $2 >= max {subjectmax=$1 ; max=$2} END {print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to search for specific line and replace nth column

I need to be able to search for a string in the first column and if that string exists than replace the nth column with "-9.99". AW12000012012 2.38 1.51 3.01 1.66 0.90 0.91 1.22 0.82 0.57 1.67 2.31 3.63 0.00 AW12000012013 1.52 0.90 1.20 1.34 1.21 0.67 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a value of Nth field of nth row

Using Awk, how can I achieve the following? I have set of record numbers, for which, I have to replace the nth field with some values, say spaces. Eg: Set of Records : 4,9,10,55,89,etc I have to change the 8th field of all the above set of records to spaces (10 spaces). Its a delimited... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace nth to nth character?

Hi I got the following problem and I wonder if some could please help me out? I'd like to replace character 8 - 16 , 16 - 24 cat file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking nth column and putting its value in n+1 column using awk

Hello Members, Need your expert opinion how to tackle below. I have an input file that looks like below: USS|AWCC|AFGAW|93|70 USSAA|Roshan TDCA|AFGTD|93|72,79 ALB|Vodafone|ALBVF|355|69 ALGEE|Wataniya (Nedjma)|DZAWT|213|50,550 I like output file in below format: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting the lines with nth column non-null

Hi, I have a huge list of archives (.gz). Each archive is about 40MB. A file is generated every minute so if I want to analyze the data for 1 hour I get already 60 files for example. These are text files, ';' separated, each line having about 300 fields (columns). What I need to do is to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nenad
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Value of nth Column of Each Line Using Array

Hello All, I am writing a shell script with following requirement: 1. I have one input file as below CHE01,A,MSC,INO CHE02,B,NST,INC CHE03,C,STM,INP 2. In shell script I have predefined array as below: Array1={A, B, C} Array2= {U09, C04, A054} (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
6 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1)                                                    User Commands                                                   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)