Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: filemon with no filenames...
Operating Systems AIX filemon with no filenames... Post 302622485 by curtis911 on Thursday 12th of April 2012 08:09:19 AM
Old 04-12-2012
to zaxxon

zaxxon, thanx for the reply.
but i don't get "Most Active Files Process-Wise" part...
only i get is like "pid=2349535_fd=3".
is there other flags that i can use? or is that a bug?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

spaces in filenames, for do

Hi All, I see similar problems in past threads but so far no answers have worked for me. I am trying to write a script which parses a txt file that contains one filename per line, then finds those files on the local disk and copies them to a specified directory. What I have: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naviztirf
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

prefixing filenames

Hi,:cool: I have a list of files in a directory.I need to store them in a file with the prefix of @ by using a command.. ex:@p_po.plb @p_ebiz_roster_data.plb any idea pls. cheers RRK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Patterns in Filenames

Hi, To start, I am using a bash shell on a G4 powerbook running Leopard. I am attempting to write a shell script that will automate the processing of satellite imagery. All the filenames are of the following construction: A2008196000500.L2 where A indicates the sensor, the next four... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backslashes in Filenames

Using a small script, I automatically generated some text logs. The files ended being undownloadable, unopenable and undeletable. Upon further investigation, the files ended up looking like this: log\r log2\r log3\r I've tried a few different things, including double slashing before the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shepherdsflock
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

parsing filenames

How can I loose a part of the filename I want to drop the “_<Number>.sql” Below I have a listing of file names in a file Eg : CREDIT_DEL_033333.sql I want it to be CREDIT_DEL ATM_DEBIT_CARD_0999999.sql I want it to be ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating Filenames

Hi Folks, I'm looking for some ideas on how to change some file names. I'm pretty sure I need to use sed or awk but they still escape me. The files I have are like: VOD0615 NEW Blades R77307.pdf or VOD0615_NEW_Blades_R77307.pdf and what I want after processing is: R77307 NEW Blades.pdf ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

get filenames from log

Hi. I'm trying to get the names of files from a log file, without the path and special characters. I have a file that contains lines like this: '/path/to/files/file00010000070874.EXT' '/path/to/files/file00010000070875.EXT' '/path/to/files/file00010000070876.EXT'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hekm
4 Replies

8. Slackware

cp does not like filenames with accents?

Hi: mkisofs -graft-points -rational-rock -joliet -joliet-long -full-iso9660-filenames -iso-level 2 -o /tmp/image.iso STORE1/=/almacen/strauss In /almacen/strauss there are filenames containing not only spaces but accented characters as well. I burned the image to DVD, with the result that all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stf92
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get filenames without timestamp

Hi, In my previous post I looked for timestamp to be added to the filename https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/230603-how-append-timestamp-filenames-using-find.html Now how do I select those files that do not have timestamp in the filenames. I tried the following. My file has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing FileNames

Hi, Its been a long time since I've done any shell scripting and I need some help here. Thanks in advance... I need this as a bourne or csh script running under SCO. In a folder I have a list of Backup files named with "TarBackup plus a date and time component suffix" like this; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stanlyn
2 Replies
NSIS(1) 							      GenPat								   NSIS(1)

NAME
GenPat - A program to create patch files in VPatch format. SYNOPSIS
GenPat [-R] [-B=64] [-V] [-O] [-A=500] [source] [target] [patch.pat] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the GenPat command. This manual page was written for the Debian (TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in the HTML format; see below. GenPat is a program that creates installer programs for Windows. OPTIONS
-R Replace a patch with same contents as source silently if it already exists. -B=64 Set blocksize (default=64), multiple of 2 is required. -V More verbose information during patch creation. -O Deactivate match limit of the -A switch (sometimes smaller patches). -A=500 Maximum number of block matches per block (improves performance). Default is 500, larger is slower. Use -V to see the cut-off aborts. EXIT STATUS
0 Success 1 Arguments missing 2 Other error 3 Source file already has a patch in specified patch file (=error) SEE ALSO
GenPat is documented more fully in the HTML file /usr/share/doc/nsis/Docs/VPatch/Readme.html. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Paul Wise pabs@debian.org for the Debian (TM) system. AUTHOR
Paul Wise Created man page COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 Paul Wise GenPat manual October 5, 2005 NSIS(1)