Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help to replace a perl pattern matching Post 302622291 by sags007_99 on Thursday 12th of April 2012 02:19:59 AM
Old 04-12-2012
Thanks a lot tyler_durden, is there a way to modify the perl script to include two search patterns:
Code:

uid=oracle and uid=db2

to get

Code:
IP=w.x.y.z  Hits=x Pattern=db2
IP=w.x.y.z  Hits=x Pattern=oracle

I figured out I can use:
Code:
 (($F[1] eq "uid=oracle") || ($F[1] eq "uid=db2"))

but can't figure out how to include Pattern=x

Last edited by sags007_99; 04-12-2012 at 03:38 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pattern Matching - serach and replace script

My requirement is to replace a a particular pattren in a script from A to B. I am not sure if this can be done through sed command or through awk . The file sv.inc is window DialogBox AddConnection tag "~ActiveApp/Add Connection - Provider Type?URL" I would wnat the file to be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern Matching

Hello experts, I have a file containing the following text(shortened here). File Begin ---------- < # Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_T4 < Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_T4 --- > # Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_Cassini >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl pattern matching!!

Hi experts, I have many occurances of the following headers in a file. I need to grep for the word changed/inserted in the header, calculate the difference between the two numbers and list the count incrementally. Headers in a file look like this: ------------------- ---------------------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern matching...

I am doing a file patterhn matching for a text file in PERL I am using this,,, but it says that no file is found $filepattern = '\d{1,4}.*A0NW9693.NDM.HBIDT.*.AD34XADJ.txt'; Can anyone help me out with Perl Pattern Matching concepts and how to do pattern matching for this txt file:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in Perl

Hi, I have a list of IP, eg : 192.168.0.15 192.168.0.24 192.168.2.110 192.168.2.200 And I would like the shortest pattern who match with '192.168.0' and '192.168.2' (without the last dot and number). (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: X-Or
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching and replace in shell script

Hi I want to find a line in a file which contains a word and replace the patterns. Sample file content temp.xml ==================== <applications> <application> Name="FirstService" location="http://my.website.selected/myfirstService/V1.0/myfirst.war" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthi.99it
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Use of *? in Matching Pattern

I am using Perl version 5.8.4 and trying to understand the use of regular expression. Following is my code and output. $string = "Perl is a\nScripting language"; ($start) = ($string =~ /\A(.*?) /); @lines = ($string =~ /^(.*?) /gm); print "First Word (using \\A): $start\n","Line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Exact pattern matching and replace

Hi Team, I am facing a problem as under, Suppose I have a file (test.txt) with the below content (all braces and slashes are included in the contents of the file) Now I want to append few words below matched line, I have written the below sed: sed '/option/a insert text here' test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pattern matching

Can anyone help me with sed or awk to do a bulk replace of the below requirements. "REC_ID" INTEGER NOT NULL GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY ( START WITH +7486 INCREMENT BY +1 MINVALUE +7467 MAXVALUE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace String matching wildcard pattern

Hi, I know how to replace a string with another in a file. But, i wish to replace the below string pattern EncryptedPassword="{gafgfa}]\asffafsf312a" i.e EncryptedPassword="<any random string>" To EncryptedPassword="" i.e remove the random password to a empty string. Can you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
MYSQLDIFF(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     MYSQLDIFF(1p)

NAME
mysql-schema-diff - compare MySQL database schemas SYNOPSIS
mysql-schema-diff [B<options>] B<database1> B<database2> mysql-schema-diff --help DESCRIPTION
mysql-schema-diff is a Perl script front-end to the CPAN <http://www.perl.com/CPAN> module MySQL::Diff <http://search.cpan.org/search?module=MySQL::Diff> which compares the data structures (i.e. schema / table definitions) of two MySQL <http://www.mysql.com/> databases, and returns the differences as a sequence of MySQL commands suitable for piping into mysql which will transform the structure of the first database to be identical to that of the second (c.f. diff and patch). Database structures can be compared whether they are files containing table definitions or existing databases, local or remote. N.B. The program makes no attempt to compare any of the data which may be stored in the databases. It is purely for comparing the table definitions. I have no plans to implement data comparison; it is a complex problem and I have no need of such functionality anyway. However there is another program coldiff <http://rossbeyer.net/software/mysql_coldiff/> which does this, and is based on an older program called datadiff which seems to have vanished off the 'net. For PostgreSQL there are similar tools such as pgdiff <http://pgdiff.sourceforge.net/> and apgdiff <http://apgdiff.startnet.biz/>. EXAMPLES
# compare table definitions in two files mysql-schema-diff db1.mysql db2.mysql # compare table definitions in a file 'db1.mysql' with a database 'db2' mysql-schema-diff db1.mysql db2 # interactively upgrade schema of database 'db1' to be like the # schema described in the file 'db2.mysql' mysql-schema-diff -A db1 db2.mysql # compare table definitions in two databases on a remote machine mysql-schema-diff --host=remote.host.com --user=myaccount db1 db2 # compare table definitions in a local database 'foo' with a # database 'bar' on a remote machine, when a file foo already # exists in the current directory mysql-schema-diff --host2=remote.host.com --password=secret db:foo bar OPTIONS
More details to come; for now run "mysql-schema-diff --help". INTERNALS
For both of the database structures being compared, the following happens: o If the argument is a valid filename, the file is used to create a temporary database which "mysqldump -d" is run on to obtain the table definitions in canonicalised form. The temporary database is then dropped. (The temporary database is named "test_mysqldiff_temp_something" because default MySQL permissions allow anyone to create databases beginning with the prefix "test_".) o If the argument is a database, "mysqldump -d" is run directly on it. o Where authentication is required, the hostname, username, and password given by the corresponding options are used (type "mysql-schema-diff --help" for more information). o Each set of table definitions is now parsed into tables, and fields and index keys within those tables; these are compared, and the differences outputted in the form of MySQL statements. BUGS, DEVELOPMENT, CONTRIBUTING See <http://software.adamspiers.org/wiki/mysqldiff>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2000-2011 Adam Spiers. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
MySQL::Diff, MySQL::Diff::Database, MySQL::Diff::Table, MySQL::Diff::Utils, mysql, mysqldump, mysqlshow AUTHOR
Adam Spiers <mysqldiff@adamspiers.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-06 MYSQLDIFF(1p)