Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers current day remote files from FTP Post 302622155 by pavan_test on Wednesday 11th of April 2012 04:19:40 PM
Old 04-11-2012
current day remote files from ftp

I ran the following SFTP commands manually (on AIX server )

Code:
sftp -p $sftp_user@ftp_host
cd $ftp_dir
ls -l test_file.txt
-rwxr-xr-x 1 <user> <usr> 4746 Apr 11 12:13 test_file.txt
bye

Can someone please tell me how to I get the complete file listing to local server from remote server

Code:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 <user> <usr> 4746 Apr 11 12:13 test_file.txt

how do I get this complete listing,

Thanks
Pavan

Last edited by methyl; 04-11-2012 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare prev day file to current day file

Hi all: I am new to this board and UNIX programming so please forgive if I don't explain something correctly. I am trying to write a script to keep track of our links, we link one program written for Client A to Client B's directory. What we want to do is to keep track of our linked programs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Smurtzy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files one day old in current month only

i want to delete files that are one day old condition is files should be of current month only ie if iam running script on 1 march it should not delete files of 28 feb(29 if leap year :-)} any modifications to find $DIR -type f -atime +1 -exec rm -f{}\; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download previous day files through FTP

Hi All, I have a scenario where I need to download the previous day modified files from other server to my server through FTP . Could any one please send me the shell script for the same. I used the following but I dont know how to proceed after this. ftp -n -i -v $IP <<ENDOFinPUT >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathchandrach
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Downloading one day old files from FTP site

HI, I'm downloading one day old files from ftp site. Below is my script ---------------------------- printf "open $HOST \n" > ftp.cmd printf "user $USER $PASSWD\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "bin\n" >> ftp.cmd #printf "cd /Models/\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "prompt\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "for oldfile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I copy files on remote server with ftp ?

I just realize the only way is to download and upload again.. is not possible to copy them remotely with the ftp protocol ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to list current day files only

Hi All, can anyone pls share the command to list the files of current day only. i want to check if there are any files in a particular directory which are not of current date. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: josephroyal
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the files between Current day & a previous day

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to first capture the current day & move all the files from a particular directory based on a previous day. i.e move all the files from one directory to another based on current day & a previous day. Here is what I am trying, but it gives me errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote FTP Backup -Tar archive+ encrypt+ split to a remote ftp

I have a huge directoy(200+ gb) for backup. I want upload the tar file(split files) simultaneous to a remote ftp. (pipeline, stdout, stdin etc.) I don't want write a data to local hdd. I have a ssd hdd. thanks. this code doesn't work.( yes i know the problem is split command!) tar cvzf -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to save current day files only?

i want to save current day file daily for this is am using below command. cp -p $(ls -lrt | grep "Apr 15" | awk '{print $9}' in order to script this part, i am saving date output in a file using below command date | awk '{print $2,$3}' >>t1 thru below command i want to list the file of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when connecting to remote server to find files with timestamp today's day

I am connecting to remote server and try to check if files with timestamp as Today's day are on the directory. Below is my code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly; Today=`date +%Y%m%d`; if ;then echo "We... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies
CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					    CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY - ask for names only in a directory listing SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY, long listonly); DESCRIPTION
For FTP and SFTP based URLs a parameter set to 1 tells the library to list the names of files in a directory, rather than performing a full directory listing that would normally include file sizes, dates etc. For POP3 a parameter of 1 tells the library to list the email message or messages on the POP3 server. This can be used to change the default behaviour of libcurl, when combined with a URL that contains a message ID, to perform a "scan listing" which can then be used to determine the size of an email. Note: For FTP this causes a NLST command to be sent to the FTP server. Beware that some FTP servers list only files in their response to NLST; they might not include subdirectories and symbolic links. Setting this option to 1 also implies a directory listing even if the URL doesn't end with a slash, which otherwise is necessary. Do NOT use this option if you also use CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3) as it will effectively break that feature then. DEFAULT
0, disabled PROTOCOLS
FTP, SFTP and POP3 EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
This option was known as CURLOPT_FTPLISTONLY up to 7.16.4. POP3 is supported since 7.21.5. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY(3)