Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looking for shell script to monitor CPU utilization and send mail once exceed 75% Post 302622015 by Corona688 on Wednesday 11th of April 2012 11:51:41 AM
Old 04-11-2012
How is checking the memory usage going to help you detect high CPU load?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

monitor log entries and send e-mail

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! I am stuck and worried. My assignment was due a day ago and I was too busy completing other assignments due during the same time. I worry that not completing this assignment... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin8465
1 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

monitor log entries and send e-mail

I am stuck and worried. My assignment was due a day ago and I was too busy completing other assignments due during the same time. I worry that not completing this assignment will fail me. Need urgent help in completing the script asap. I dont want to sound pushy to get the answer but just wanted to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin8465
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to monitor per core CPU utilization?

I can use top to see the overall cpu utilization in the system but i m using a system with 24 cores .How would i monitor each core utilization ? The system is used as Oracle VM Server for Virtualization. My distribution details. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic script for monitor send mail service

Hi All Need help Can any one share a basic script that is used for monitor sendmail service whether online, offline.etc in solaris Thanks in advance Zimmy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zimmyyash
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on shell script to monitor each user cpu use on a cluster over time

Hi, I am relatively new to the cluster administration and shell scripting. I need help on a shell script which can help me determine how many cpu's over time, any particular ( or all registered users on a cluster ) are using. To generate data say over a period of week and list of users and their... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuj06
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to monitor cpu and VMstat, iostat

Hi , I am new to scripting. please help me out how to write a script to monitor cpu , vmstat, iostat in Redhat linux. we are doing the load test. Thanks in advance !!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saanvi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor process with high CPU

Hi, Linux redhat 5.5 I need to write a kshell script that shows all the process that consume 100% CPU (or more. strange but there are time that top shows higger value that 100) and they are active more than 5 minute. The top command shows all the relevat information: The PID of the cpu ,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor file if match then send mail

Hi I want to monitor a file even if the file rotate. When a text occurs I want to send a mail. Something like this but it's not working correctly: tail -F mylog.log | grep 'MatchMe' | while read line do echo $(date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") MatchMe occurs | mail -s "MatchMe"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chitech
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor diskspace of /home/ not to exceed 80%

I want to monitor the diskspace of the /home/ directory NOT to exceed 80%. I want a script_file.sh for this. I am trying "df -h" command and I am stuck unable to extract the percentage. 1. HOW TO extract the percentage (I believe 5th column)? 2. IF we were able to extract the column,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreyas N
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor a file and send mail

I want to monitor the maillog file in real time and send a mail when a certain grep condition is met. Every time the grep condition is met a mail will be sent. I wish to ignore all grep conditions 30 mins after each mail and thereafter continue monitoring. For example: Condition is met, mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies
WMSMPMON(1)						      General Commands Manual						       WMSMPMON(1)

NAME
wmSMPmon - Window Maker System Monitor SYNOPSIS
wmSMPmon [options] DESCRIPTION
wmSMPmon is a Window Maker dock application that displays the following information about the system: - Current CPU utilization of up to two CPUs - Up to two minutes history of CPU utilization - Current memory usage - Current swap usage On dual CPU systems, wmSMPmon has three different styles for the utilization graph. To toggle between them just click into the graph. OPTIONS
All options start with one dash. -h Show summary of options. -r REFRESH_RATE Set the refresh rate of the graph in microseconds. The default is 250000 (a quarter of a second). -g GRAPH_STYLE Start using graph style #[1-3] (only on dual CPU systems). Style 1 shows the utiliziation in one graph, while 2 and 3 are split in two little graphs. Style 2 shows the two graphs on top of each other. Style 3 uses a mirror like type. The default style is 1, which is also the style used on single CPU systems. -c1 IDX, -c2 IDX On systems with more than 2 CPUs, select the CPUs to show. Per default CPU number 1 and 2 are shown. On a quad CPU systems you may launch second wmSMPmon showing CPUs number 3 and 4. -no-swap Do not monitor swap. SEE ALSO
wmaker(1x) AUTHOR
This manual page was originally written by Alain Schroeder <alain@debian.org> and adapted for wmSMPmon 3 by Thomas Ribbrock <emgaron@gmx.net> WMSMPMON(1)