Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk array sort
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk array sort Post 302621773 by pravin27 on Wednesday 11th of April 2012 04:04:16 AM
Old 04-11-2012
Could this help you ?
Code:
sort -t"," -k1,2 file1.txt -o file1.txt

OR
Code:
sort -t"," -k1,2 file1.txt > file2.txt; mv file2.txt file1.txt

Code:
awk -F"," 'NR==FNR{a[$2"|"$1]=$3;b[$2]++;next}
{if(FNR==1){printf "Date\t|";for(i in b){printf i"|";c[++k]=i}printf "\n";} for(j=1;j<=k;j++){if(c[j]==$2 && x!=$1) {printf "\n"$1"|"$3"|";x=$1;next}else if(c[j]!=$2 && x!=$1){printf "\n"$1"||";x=$1;}else if (c[j]==$2 && x==$1){printf "|"$3;x=$1;next}else if (c[j]!=$2 && x==$1){x=$1}else {x=$1;}} }END{printf "\n";}' file1.txt file1.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort() array of strings in perl

I have a perl script with an array of clients. @arr = ("The ABC Corp", "AA Corp.", "BB Corp"); If I run @a = sort (@arr); I will get @a = ("AA Corp", "BB Corp", "The ABC Corp"); but I want @a = ("AA Corp, "The ABC Corp", "BB Corp"); How do I sort array without changing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Sort Array of Hashes ??

Some one plz help me how to sort an array of hashes ..... for e.g i have an array as @AoH = ( { ques => 10, marks => 32, }, { ques => 32, marks => 22, }, { ques => 2, marks => 41, }, ); now i want to sort this array with increasing value of "ques" ..... plz... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyshail
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort after 2. column in array in Perl

Hey How do I sort an array numerically after the second column? My values are integers like 1, 2, 3, 4... and they are not unique, so I can't just reverse my hash and sort by keys. I wanna sort my file/array so that I get the lines with the highest value in the top - that is descending. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Banni
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with sort-of array in SH

Hello to everyone! I'm really new in shell scripting and I'm experiencing a very odd problem. This is my first post in this forum, hope you can help! I know that declaring arrays in Bourne Shell is impossible. But this is where I start having problems - system administrator did not install... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: onstock
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl sort array by field

Hi Everyone, Any simple code can simplify the code below, please advice. Thanks # cat 2.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; my @aaaaa = <DATA>; my @uids; foreach (@aaaaa) { my @ccccc = split (",", $_); push @uids, $ccccc;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort piping to awk array - help please

Hi I'm just learning programming and need some help. I've taken a data file which has a list of numbers eg: 3 5 32 533 13 2 And I've used sort -n and to sort and then piped it to awk to arrange into an array. #!/bin/sh sort -n data.txt | awk ' { array=$1 } (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EL_Chemso
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner: Count & Sort Using Array's

Hi, I'm new to linux & bash so please forgive my ignorance, just wondering if anyone can help. I have a file (mainfile.txt) with comma deliminated values, like so: $1 $2 $3 613212, 36, 57 613212, 36, 10 613212, 36, 10 677774, 36, 57 619900, 10, 10 i need to split this file... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigTOE
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort array elements from same field

Hi, input: line1|error_type_a@15 line1|error_type_c@10 line1|error_type_b@5 line2|error_type_f@3 line2|error_type_a@1 I would need to place all the second fields with common first field on the same line, BUT with sorted error position number: line1|error_type_b@5; error_type_c@10;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Array length: ls and sort

Hi there, I'm listing files and sorting them. When I try to get length of array variable in which these files are stored I get 1 as value. That's weird. files_info="$(find $input_dir -name "*_CHR$i.info" | sort )" printf ${#files_info}"\n" #print length #--loop through... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort multidimensional Array

Hello I have a problem. I create a Multidimensional Array Like this: ENTRY="$kunnum-$host" ENTRY="$host" ENTRY="# $3" for key in "${!ENTRY}"; do ENTRIES=${ENTRY} # INDEX=IP(5) donedeclare -p declare -A ENTRIES=(="unas15533" ="unas" ="# RDP-Terminal 2"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marti95
12 Replies
scandir(3)						     Library Functions Manual							scandir(3)

NAME
scandir, alphasort - Scans or sorts directory contents LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/dir.h> int scandir ( char *dir_name, struct dirent * (*name_list[ ]), int (*select) ( struct dirent *dir ), int (*compare) ( struct dirent **dir1, struct dirent **dir2 ) ); int alphasort ( struct dirent **dir1, struct dirent **dir2 ); PARAMETERS
Points to the directory name. Points to the array of pointers to directory entries. Points to a user-supplied function that is called by the scandir() function to select which entries to include in the array. Points to a user-supplied function that sorts the completed array. Points to a dirent structure. Points to a dirent structure. DESCRIPTION
The scandir() function reads the directory pointed to by the dir_name parameter. It then uses the malloc() function to create an array of pointers to directory entries. The scandir() function returns the number of entries in the array and, through the name_list parameter, a pointer to the array. The select parameter points to a user-supplied function that the scandir() function calls to select which entries to include in the array. The selection routine is passed a pointer to a directory entry and returns a nonzero value for a directory entry that is included in the array. If the select parameter is a null value, all directory entries are included. The compare parameter points to a user-supplied function that is passed to the qsort() function to sort the completed array. If the compare parameter is a null value, the array is not sorted. The memory allocated to the array can be deallocated by freeing each pointer in the array, and the array itself, with the free() function. The alphasort() function alphabetically compares the two dirent structures pointed to by the dir1 and dir2 parameters. This function can be passed as the compare parameter to either the scandir() function or the qsort() function. A user-supplied subroutine may also be used. RETURN VALUES
The scandir() function returns -1 if the directory cannot be opened for reading or if the malloc() function cannot allocate enough memory to hold all the data structures. If successful, the scandir() function returns the number of entries found. The alphasort() function returns the following values: Less than 0 (zero): The dirent structure pointed to by the dir1 parameter is lexi- cally less than the dirent structure pointed to by the dir2 parameter. 0 (zero): The dirent structures pointed to by the dir1 parameter and the dir2 parameter are equal. Greater than 0 (zero): The dirent structure pointed to by the dir1 parameter is lexically greater than the dirent structure pointed to by the dir2 parameter. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: malloc(3), opendir(3), qsort(3) delim off scandir(3)