Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Concatenate output in shell script Post 302621385 by radoulov on Tuesday 10th of April 2012 10:03:07 AM
Old 04-10-2012
Code:
set pages 0
select 
  'select count(*) from schema.table ' ||  
  count(*) 
from 
  schema.table;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut, concatenate data in Shell Script

Hello All,, I'm very new to Unix and I'm more in SAP ABAP. I have a requirement for a shell script which will accept one parameter as Input file name(with directory) e.g : /sapdata/deubank/dbdirect/out/deu01deupe/in/deu01deupe20051207111320.pmt In the shell script I have to make two more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasan_srini
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a shell script to concatenate lists together

Below is a description of what im trying to achieve: Write a shell script to concatenate lists together, and output the resulting list. Do not include any argument that is a sub-list of the entire list. (The script will clean the list of any redundant items.) You must preserve the original order... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rfourn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[How To?] Run shell script and get output into another shell.

Hi guys, I have a simple question, I want to store the output of the following command: As you can see it is running all the time, and we get a new line every 3sec. I just want to store these new lines into a single variable, so I can use it into a script. To clear the screen, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thireus
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate lines using shell scripting

i have a mega file in this format: a, b, c, d, = a2, b2, c2, d2, = a3, b3 = i want to combine lines until = meet. the result should be : a,b,c,d, a2,b2,c3,d2 a3,b3 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtdt
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate piped output and some var?

Hello, There is pipe chain and I want concacenate piped data with some variable: balh blah| ... $var1 What command I should use instead ... to concatenate piped output with $var1. I think I coud solve this using temp var - but could it be done in one line like sample above ? thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read rows from source file and concatenate output

Hi guys; TBH I am an absolute novice, when it comes to scripting; I do have an idea of the basic commands... Here is my problem; I have a flatfile 'A' containing a single column with multiple rows. I have to create a script which will use 'A' as input and then output a string in in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlos_anubis
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Concatenate lines in file shell script

Hi colleagues, I have a file in this format. "/cccc/pppp/dddd/ggg/prueba.txt". ERROR" THE error bbbbbbbbbb finish rows. "/kkkk/mmmm/hhhh/jjj/ejemplo.txt". ERROR This is other error rows.I need my file in this format. "/cccc/pppp/dddd/ggg/prueba.txt". ERROR" THE error bbbbbbbbbb finish rows.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script function to use script name for log file output

Hi Team - I"m very new to Shell Scripting so I have a rather novice question. My forte is Windows Batch Scripting so I was just wondering what the Shell Script equivalent is to the DOS command %~n? %~n is a DOS variable that dispayed the script name. For instance (in DOS): REM... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to call and sort awk script and output

I'm trying to create a shell script that takes a awk script that I wrote and a filename as an argument. I was able to get that done but I'm having trouble figuring out how to keep the header of the output at the top but sort the rest of the rows alphabetically. This is what I have now but it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
SQL::Translator::Schema(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      SQL::Translator::Schema(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Schema - SQL::Translator schema object SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator::Schema; my $schema = SQL::Translator::Schema->new( name => 'Foo', database => 'MySQL', ); my $table = $schema->add_table( name => 'foo' ); my $view = $schema->add_view( name => 'bar', sql => '...' ); DESCSIPTION
"SQL::Translator::Schema" is the object that accepts, validates, and returns the database structure. METHODS
as_graph_pm Returns a Graph::Directed object with the table names for nodes. add_table Add a table object. Returns the new SQL::Translator::Schema::Table object. The "name" parameter is required. If you try to create a table with the same name as an existing table, you will get an error and the table will not be created. my $t1 = $schema->add_table( name => 'foo' ) or die $schema->error; my $t2 = SQL::Translator::Schema::Table->new( name => 'bar' ); $t2 = $schema->add_table( $table_bar ) or die $schema->error; drop_table Remove a table from the schema. Returns the table object if the table was found and removed, an error otherwise. The single parameter can be either a table name or an "SQL::Translator::Schema::Table" object. The "cascade" parameter can be set to 1 to also drop all triggers on the table, default is 0. $schema->drop_table('mytable'); $schema->drop_table('mytable', cascade => 1); add_procedure Add a procedure object. Returns the new SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure object. The "name" parameter is required. If you try to create a procedure with the same name as an existing procedure, you will get an error and the procedure will not be created. my $p1 = $schema->add_procedure( name => 'foo' ); my $p2 = SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure->new( name => 'bar' ); $p2 = $schema->add_procedure( $procedure_bar ) or die $schema->error; drop_procedure Remove a procedure from the schema. Returns the procedure object if the procedure was found and removed, an error otherwise. The single parameter can be either a procedure name or an "SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure" object. $schema->drop_procedure('myprocedure'); add_trigger Add a trigger object. Returns the new SQL::Translator::Schema::Trigger object. The "name" parameter is required. If you try to create a trigger with the same name as an existing trigger, you will get an error and the trigger will not be created. my $t1 = $schema->add_trigger( name => 'foo' ); my $t2 = SQL::Translator::Schema::Trigger->new( name => 'bar' ); $t2 = $schema->add_trigger( $trigger_bar ) or die $schema->error; drop_trigger Remove a trigger from the schema. Returns the trigger object if the trigger was found and removed, an error otherwise. The single parameter can be either a trigger name or an "SQL::Translator::Schema::Trigger" object. $schema->drop_trigger('mytrigger'); add_view Add a view object. Returns the new SQL::Translator::Schema::View object. The "name" parameter is required. If you try to create a view with the same name as an existing view, you will get an error and the view will not be created. my $v1 = $schema->add_view( name => 'foo' ); my $v2 = SQL::Translator::Schema::View->new( name => 'bar' ); $v2 = $schema->add_view( $view_bar ) or die $schema->error; drop_view Remove a view from the schema. Returns the view object if the view was found and removed, an error otherwise. The single parameter can be either a view name or an "SQL::Translator::Schema::View" object. $schema->drop_view('myview'); database Get or set the schema's database. (optional) my $database = $schema->database('PostgreSQL'); is_valid Returns true if all the tables and views are valid. my $ok = $schema->is_valid or die $schema->error; get_procedure Returns a procedure by the name provided. my $procedure = $schema->get_procedure('foo'); get_procedures Returns all the procedures as an array or array reference. my @procedures = $schema->get_procedures; get_table Returns a table by the name provided. my $table = $schema->get_table('foo'); get_tables Returns all the tables as an array or array reference. my @tables = $schema->get_tables; get_trigger Returns a trigger by the name provided. my $trigger = $schema->get_trigger('foo'); get_triggers Returns all the triggers as an array or array reference. my @triggers = $schema->get_triggers; get_view Returns a view by the name provided. my $view = $schema->get_view('foo'); get_views Returns all the views as an array or array reference. my @views = $schema->get_views; make_natural_joins Creates foriegn key relationships among like-named fields in different tables. Accepts the following arguments: o join_pk_only A True or False argument which determins whether or not to perform the joins from primary keys to fields of the same name in other tables o skip_fields A list of fields to skip in the joins $schema->make_natural_joins( join_pk_only => 1, skip_fields => 'name,department_id', ); name Get or set the schema's name. (optional) my $schema_name = $schema->name('Foo Database'); translator Get the SQL::Translator instance that instantiated the parser. AUTHOR
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-20 SQL::Translator::Schema(3pm)