Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Listing files without specific expression in the file Post 302621053 by Scrutinizer on Monday 9th of April 2012 05:26:31 PM
Old 04-09-2012
Code:
grep -Fl 'href=../../../../geopdf/geo' geo*.html

will get you a list of files that do contain the string.

Since you are on Ubuntu your grep should also have a -L option:
Code:
grep -FL 'href=../../../../geopdf/geo' geo*.html

Which should get you a list of files that do not contain the string..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

listing files excluding files from control file

I have a directory named Project.I have a control file which contains valid list of files.I would like list the files from directory Project which contains files other than listed in the control file. Sample control file: TEST SEND SFFFILE CONTL The directory contains followign... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace if regex on specific column matches expression?

I am attempting to convert rewrite rules to Nginx, and since due to the mass amount of rewrites we must convert, I've been trying to write a script to help me on a specific part, easily. So far I have this: rewrite ^action/static/(+)/$ staticPage.php?pg=$1&%$query_string; What I want done... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EXT3FSCK
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture specific listing in the ls -l

Hi, my desired output needs only that has *.pdf ls -l *.pdf error: arg list too long so I have redirected ls -l > file.txt therefore, I get the following details in the file -rw-r--r-- 1 devusr devgrp 848015 Aug 11 15:13 0000795769.pdf -rw-r--r-- 1 devusr devgrp ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regular expression for exclude specific ip range

I need regular expression for excluding specific range. e.g. Input Data is 10.10.10.50 67.172.15.15 10.10.10.15 78.122.105.108 I would like to extract only 67.172.15.15 & 78.122.105.108. I tried with something like /(^10.10.10)/ but it's not working. Please help me on this (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrbhole
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for listing specific filename in 3 directory

I used to work in perl but I would like to try now bash. Here's my problem I wanted to search for specific filename (ls -ltrh) on 3 directories.. Example ls -ltrh | grep "string" /dir1 /dir1/dir2 /dir1/dir2/dir3 I wanted to get the result to be copied on a different directory. Sample... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing several lines of a file after a specific expression

Hello, I want to print a number of lines of a file after a specific expression of a line. I have this sed command but it prints only 1 line after the expression. How could I adapt it to print for instance 10 lines after or 15 lines after ? sed -n '/regexp/{n;p;}' Thx & Regs, Rany. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for shell script for listing directories, subdirs containing specific files.

I'm looking for a script which outputs the list of directories and sub directories from root level consisting of specific files. For instance I want shell script to list all the directories and subdirectories containing .txt files.:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: super210
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing the file name and no of records in each files for the files created on a specific day

Hi, I want to display the file names and the record count for the files in the 2nd column for the files created today. i have written the below command which is listing the file names. but while piping the above command to the wc -l command its not working for me. ls -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
5 Replies

10. AIX

Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds

I have to list the files of particular directory using file filter like find -name abc* something and if multiple file exist I also want time of each file up to seconds. Currently we are getting time up to minutes in AIX is there any way I can get file last modification time up to seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitesh sahu
4 Replies
GRI_MERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GRI_MERGE(1)

NAME
gri_merge - merge multiple Gri output files into a single PostScript file. USAGE (style 1): gri_merge [OPTIONS] CxR a.ps b.ps ... > merged_file.ps Merges the files onto one page, in 'C' columns and 'R' rows. The CxR files are given in the order of words on a page. The page is pre- sumed to be 8.5x11in in size, as are all the input files, and the input files are sized to fit, and kept in natural scale. USAGE (style 2): gri_merge [OPTIONS] xcm ycm enlarge a.ps [b.ps ...] > merged_file.ps Where `enlarge' is a scale factor applied after offsetting `xcm' to the right and `ycm' upward. EXAMPLE (style 2): The following gri_merge 2 12 .5 a.ps 12 12 .5 b.ps 2 2 .5 c.ps 12 2 .5 d.ps > all.ps produces 4 panels from gri plots done using margins and sizes as specified in the following lines in a gri commandfile set x margin 2 set x size 15 set y margin 2 set y size 15 The OPTIONS, available if your 'perl' has 'getopts' library, are: -u graylevel -- set graylevel for underlay beneath panels, by default 0.75. Values range from 0 (black) to 1 (white), although a value of precisely 1 means do NOT draw underlay. -b graylevel -- Set value for background under individual panels, again 0 for black to 1 for white, with 1 meaning no drawing. -h -- Print this help message and quit. SEE ALSO
gri(1), gri_unpage(1) gri_merge 2009 GRI_MERGE(1)