Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find string in XML file, copy contents of section Post 302620957 by jrfiol on Monday 9th of April 2012 02:38:19 PM
Old 04-09-2012
Thanks for the reply, i have been able to get the awk command to get the value i was looking for. thaks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find and copy string in a file

Hello there I need to find a string in an file, and then copy to a new file from the previous 6 lines to 41 lines after the string. So, what i need to do , and just don't know how, is to find the string and copy 48 lines where the string would be in the 7th line. I don't know if i can do it with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help find a section line of a file

hi, I have a 20 line file. I need a command which will brinf back a specific line based upon the line number I enter. e.g. the file looks like this and is called file1 jim is a man john is a woman james is a man wendy is a woman lesley is a woman i want a command that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy selected contents from file

I want to capture contents of a file between 2 strings into another file for eg all lines in between the keywords "start log" and "end log" should be copied into another file (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy contents of a directory only if a file exists

I'm looking to write a script that will check the contents of a directory, and if any files exist in that directory copy them to a temporary folder. The target files are only resident for a few seconds, so I think the script needs to be running constantly. Any pointers would be really... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy the contents between two keywords to a new file.

Hi All, I want to edit my gate level netlists by searching for the content between two patterns eg: ff1 \test/a0 ( .CLK(\test/ClkInt0_acb_00x1 ),.D(\test/Rakicc ), .QB(\test/X ), .VDD(1'b1), .VSS(1'b0)); ff1 \test/a1 ( .CLK(\test/medis0_acb_00x1 ),.D(\test/hedwc ), .QB(\test/X ),... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to copy contents of a file

Hi, I am stuck up with a problem of copying the contents of a directory where one of the folder name is changed daily. Problem: I have the folder structure as: RefWorlds2/LINGCC4_X64/odsdev/odessy/UTI/621GA_build_xxx/.../.. In the above path the build number (xxx) will be changed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SathaKarni
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - String substitution within specified section in ini type file

Hello. I am trying to modify a config file which is in windows *.ini type file. I have found a piece of code here :linux - Edit file in unix using SED - Stack Overflow As I can't make it doing the job , I am trying to find a solution step by step. here a modified sample file : my_sample.ini... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy contents of one file to another

I need to write a script (in bash) that copies the content of the first file in each folder of a directory to the second file in the same folder. I tried this and it didn't work - it just came back with errors and I'm not sure how to fix it. Help is very much appreciated! for mpdir in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy last 30 minutes' contents from a log file

Hi Guys, I am writing a bash script to capture the last 30 minutes's contents from log file to a new file. This job is a scheduled job and will run every 30 minutes. The log file is db2diag.log in DB2. I am having difficulties copying the last 30 minutes's contents. Can someone please help me.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
4 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)