Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to generate html reports through LINUX Scripting? Post 302620861 by dsfreddie on Monday 9th of April 2012 11:40:30 AM
Old 04-09-2012
Thanks Agama & Neo for your inputs.

I will try creating a simple HTML page.

In the meantime, currently I am creating this report as .rtf extension as all the lines in the output file was coming as one single line.(I have attached it for your reference). I can create this report as .txt & convert it to html through a simple (mv *.txt to *.html) command. But wondering whether there is a way to get the output in multiple lines through some simple workaround rather than going with the HTML tags etc.

Thanks much
Freddie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to generate html file using script?

Hi Friends I have an requirement that i need to generate html file using script. and the script output shold keep adding to that html file like tablewise. can anyone please help me out in this. thanks Krish. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate report in HTML file from Oracle DB

Hi Team, I need a suggestion/comments for my below requirement. I have a procedure which performs some DDL operations & loads data into a Oracle table. This status contains Audit data. What i wanted to do is, once the procedure is completed (daily), shell script should retrive the data from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Installation of Oracle Reports 6i on Linux

Hi, We are planning for a report generation program in Linux.For that we are planning to use Oracle reports 6i on linux. Could anybody please confirm if the Oracle 6i reports are compatible on Linux (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavan Pusuluri
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a Execution time reports using log files.

Hi Experts, I am having a requirement, where i need to generate a report of the execution time of all the processes. All the processes generate the log files in a log directory and I can get the execution time from the log files. like below is the log file. /home/vikas/log >ls -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_vikash
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script To Generate HTML output

Hello All, I need help here with a script. I have a script here which generates a html output with set of commands and is working fine. Now i want to add a new command/function which would run on all the remote blades and output should be included in this html file. Here is the script ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate HTML page from UNIX script out-put?

Hi All. This my first post to this forum, and i assuming it will be best out-of all. I am quite new to Unix scripting so please excuse me for any silly questions - I am trying to create on Unix script in which it telnet to my server, check the connectivity of the server and then it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HHarsh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate sql statement using shell scripting

Can anyone please assist me? I have attached 2 input files and one output file. I need to generate the sql update statements using the above 2 input files. if inputfile2 has 5 rows, then we should generate 5 update statements because column1 is unique. inputfile1 and inputfile2 may contain more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate HTML output format listing like orasnap

Hi, Is there any UNIX scripts out there that generates a listing output of some sort similar to OraSnap At the moment, I have a script that I run on multiple servers that has multiple databases and just querying the database sizes of those databases. It generates a text files that contains... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX/Linux help in concatenation of multiple reports

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies
TORRUS_GENREPORT(8)						      torrus						       TORRUS_GENREPORT(8)

NAME
genreport - Generate the Usage Report SYNOPSIS
torrus genreport --report=ReportName --date=YYYY-MM-DD [options...] torrus genreport --genhtml [options...] DESCRIPTION
When the Torrus Reporting engine is set up, this command is used to generate the reports from the collected data. See Torrus Reporting Setup Guide for more information. OPTIONS
--report=ReportName The name of the report that is to be generated. Currently supported: "MonthlyUsage". --date=YYYY-MM-DD Specifies the start date of the reported period. For the monthly report, this should be any day within the calendar month. --time=hh:mm Specifies the start time of the reported period. This option is ignored for the monthly reports. --genhtml Instructs the report engine to build the HTML output from the generated reports. --tree=TREE When used with "--genhtml", generates the HTML reports only for the specified tree. --all2tree=TREE When used with "--genhtml", generates the HTML reports only for all available service IDs in the specified tree. --verbose Prints extra informatgion. --debug Prints debugging information. SEE ALSO
torrus(8) NOTES
See more documentation at Torrus home page: http://torrus.org AUTHOR
Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin@yahoo.com> torrus 2.03 2013-07-26 TORRUS_GENREPORT(8)