Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Sco unix 5.0 copy file to pen drive Post 302620799 by jgt on Monday 9th of April 2012 08:29:20 AM
Old 04-09-2012
Support for these USB devices exists in 5.0.7 and 6.0.0 only.
If you do not have one of these versions, then you can only backup to a pen drive using a tcp connection (ftp, samba, visionfs, nfs)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB pen drive support

Hello, I need information or tooling for using my USB pen drive (DANE-ELEC) in a unix environment. Until now I only get the "format window" in the unix machine but after giving OK for running the format, it never stops and I have to stop it manually. Seems that what I need is format my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Argento73
0 Replies

2. Debian

linux on 128MB pen drive?

hello, I want to install minimal linux on 128MB pen drive. distro is debian. what all should i need? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
2 Replies

3. BSD

FreeBSD pen drive issue....

Hi there, I am using freebsd 7.0 and I am facing a lot of issues with it. The cd installed fine. I opted for the gnome desktop and tht too installed (though the refresh rates were wrong and the resloution got messed up). After some configurations the desktop was working fine. Then came the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedidiah
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script when pen drive is inserted

Hi, I need to run a script whenever a pen drive is connected to my ubuntu machine. The script is to be run from local disk and with privileges of current user. How do I achieve this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: friendlyweb
1 Replies

5. Linux

How to Install Linux os from USB pen drive

can any body tell simple steps to install linux from pen drive (4gb) fat32 ( with out dvd rom ) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
3 Replies

6. SCO

how to access data in a pen drive in sco openserver 6

Does anybody know the commands to access the data from a pen drive in a SCO Openserver 6. What are the parameters to the mount command for accessing the USB port:confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jksah
9 Replies

7. Linux

Not able to remove virus from a pen drive

Hello Friends, My pendrive (FAT32 filesystem) consist of following files+viruses. -rwxr-xr-x 1 chinmay root 0 2010-03-10 01:29 autorun.inf dr-xr-xr-x 2 chinmay root 4096 2010-03-09 23:51 Docs -rwxr-xr-x 1 chinmay root 4726162 2010-03-08 15:02 java_ee_sdk-5_03-javadocs.zip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catchchinu1
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

making pen drive bootable

Anyone can plz tell me how to make pendrive bootable.unetbootin dont have option for red hat (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to mount USB Pen drive on my Server

Hello Gurus!! Very recently i tried to mount a USB pen drive onto my solaris 10 (X4170 model) server. As i understand, in ideal scenarios it should get mounted automatically, but it did not happen. Neither anything is shown in "iostat -En" output or "rmformat -l" about the pen drive. I also... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
10 Replies

10. Solaris

How to mount USB pen drive?

Hiii, Please let me know the steps for mounting my USB pendrive in solaris 10 platform. Thanks & Regards, Bhargav P (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
5 Replies
diskd(1)						      General Commands Manual							  diskd(1)

Name
       diskd - disk daemon; wait for disk to be inserted

Note
       This  manpage has been automatically generated from fdutils's texinfo documentation.  However, this process is only approximative, and some
       items, such as cross-references, footnotes and indices are lost in this translation process.  Indeed, these items have no appropriate  rep-
       resentation  in	the  manpage  format.  Moreover, only the items specific to each command have been translated, and the general information
       about fdutils has been dropped in the manpage version.  Thus I strongly advise you to use the original texinfo doc.

*      To generate a printable copy from the texinfo doc, run the following commands:

./configure; make dvi; dvips fdutils.dvi

*      To generate a HTML copy,	run:

./configure; make html

A pre-made HTML can be found at: `http://www.tux.org/pub/knaff/fdutils'

*      To generate an info copy (browsable using emacs' info mode), run:

./configure; make info

The texinfo doc looks most pretty when printed or as HTML.  Indeed, in the info version certain examples are difficult to read due  to  the
       quoting conventions used in info.

Description
       The diskd command has the following syntax:

diskd [-d drive] [-i interval] [-e command]

Diskd  waits for a disk to be inserted into a given drive, and then either executes the command or exits. This program can be used to auto-
       matically mount a disk as soon as it is inserted.

Warning
       This program works by switching the motor on for a very short interval, and then seeking to track -1. This might  damage  hardware  in  the
       long  run.  Amigas,  which  also  use these techniques, are known for having problems with their disk drives no longer spinning up properly
       after a few month of usage.

Options
       -d drive
	      Selects the drive to observe for disk insertion. By default, drive 0 (/dev/fd0) is observed.

-i interval
	      Selects the polling interval. The interval is given in tenths of seconds. Default is 10 (one second).

-e command
	      Gives the command to be executed when a disk is inserted. If no command is given the program simply exits.  Typically,  the  command
	      mounts the disk. It can be a shell scripts which probes for several filesystems and disk geometries until it succeeds.

Bugs
       *      Automatic  unmounting  cannot yet be handled. It is indeed not enough to scan for disk removal, because when the disk is removed, it
	      is already too late: There might be some buffers needing flushing.  However, the fdmountd program  allows  automatic  unmounting	by
	      using the SYNC mount options, which switches off write buffering (see section  fdmount).

*      The drive motor is running all the time, and on some computers, the drive led flickers at each time the drive is polled.

See Also
       Fdutils' texinfo doc

fdutils-5.5							      03Mar05								  diskd(1)