Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect Script Not working with Crontab Post 302620745 by alagondar on Monday 9th of April 2012 06:09:15 AM
Old 04-09-2012
Code:
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=11.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=natty
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 11.04

And to get the script to run i type exactly this:

Code:
expect scriptmentionedabove.expect \$device_ip \$device_user \$device_userpw \$prompt config.cfg

And the response i get is this:
Code:
Password:  
Last login: Sun Apr  8 05:27:10 2012 from xxx 
xxx@10.0.0.1> show config running  config {}
#script then exits and copies config{} to the file "config.cfg"

By the way thank you for your response Smilie I am hoping you have an answer for me Smilie i am able to get another script to use expect with cron and SCP the config out... unfortunately this is not an option with this device.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Welcome to the UNIX and Linux Forums. Please use code tags. Video tutorial on how to use them

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-09-2012 at 07:39 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script doesn't work under crontab

Hi All, Using Expect script when I run it manually it works. But when I put the entry in crontab, the job is still running after 15 hours. The script was created as root. I don't think it's a permission issue. Any idea? This is what I have under root crontab... 00 18 * * 1-5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script on crontab

Hi All, I have an expect script called sftp to transfer using SFTP below : # more sftp #!/usr/local/bin/expect # Initialisation set authFile "/home/ap1030/transfer/.password" # Check the authorisation file exists if {!} { ;# Does file exist send_user "$authFile does not exist;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ap1030
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh is not working while calling through expect shell script

Hi, Please share you experience and way out on below error:--> #!/bin/bash -xv FILE=login.txt + FILE=login.txt CONNECT=sshlogin.exp + CONNECT=sshlogin.exp SERVERNAME=$1 + SERVERNAME=192.168.12.1 MyServer="" + MyServer= MyUser="" + MyUser= MyPassword="" + MyPassword= exec 3<&0 +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish_1678
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get this bash/expect script to run under a crontab

#!/bin/bash # # RAP configuration script # # Usage: ./rap.sh # # Requires: expect, tcl # # Script expects to find a file called rap.csv located in the same directory as the script. If the file is placed # in a different directory, modify the custom entries section to specify the absolute... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkool
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script inside shell script not working.

Shell Scipt: temp.sh su - <$username> expect pass.exp Expect script: pass.exp #!/usr/bin/expect -f # Login ####################### expect "Password: " send "<$password>\r" it comes up with Password: but doesnt take password passed throguh file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script not working in crontab with minicom

Hi All, I am testing expect script in command prompt without issue, but in crontab it is not working, i check the output error as below: #cat /var/log/testexp.log spawn minicom -C /var/log/minicom1.log No cursor motion capability (cm) AT+COPS=? I am new in scripting, together... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elingtey
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp not working in expect script

Hi All, I run the scp command in shell prompt without issue, but when on expect script as below: #!/usr/bin/expect spawn scp /var/spool/sms/failed.tar.gz abc@10.10.12.2:/home/abc expect "abc@10.10.12.2's password: " send "abcfef\r" exit 0 It looks not working at all and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elingtey
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect not working inside my Bash script

I am trying to execute expect command inside by small bash script to login into servers using key authentication method. My script is as follows: #!/bin/bash HOST=$1 /usr/bin/expect -c " spawn ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa root@$HOST expect -exact "Enter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Wilson
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working via crontab

Hi, I have written one script which is connecting to the the database and generating one CSV, it is running fine when i ran it manually though it is throwing any warning but CSV is generating and working fine but same script when i have configured in crontab not working and giving error, kindly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash12345
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working via crontab

Hi, I have written one script which is connecting to the the database and generating one CSV, it is running fine when i ran it manually though it is throwing any warning but CSV is generating and working fine but same script when i have configured in crontab not working and giving error, kindly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ash1234
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)