Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search the pattern and copy in to the file Post 302620625 by siva.hardwork on Monday 9th of April 2012 01:05:24 AM
Old 04-09-2012
Debian Search the pattern and copy in to the file

my qn is i have one file hex.txt.it contains some junk data and some hexa valueslike
hex.txt
Code:
sdfjhjkh 0x1233jkfhgjfhgajk;gha 0xacdd
jkgahfjkgha;sjghajklgha;gh
aghfjkgh;a
0xccc jhfjkhsd ox23cd
0x456 jkhdfjhjkafh

like this now iwant a script like to separate the hex values and paste into the hexc.txt file ,will you plz help me how to do this

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Welcome to the UNIX and Linux Forums. Please use code tags. Video tutorial on how to use them

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-09-2012 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern and grab some lines before pattern

I want to search a file for a string and then if the string is found I need the line that the string is on - but also the previous two lines from the file (that the pattern will not be found in) This is on solaris Can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File extension search and copy

Hi need to know if we can write a shell script to find files for a particular format;s ie both .csv and .txt in a particular folder and then copy them to a new folder on a dialy basis. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished? Thanks, Sandeep (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
20 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to search for text in a file and copy file

Compete noob question.... I need a script to search through a directory and find files containing text string abcde1234 for example and then copy that file with that text string to another directory help please :eek: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imeadows
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and copy to a new file-Help

Hi All, server16.na.in.com UNKNOWN ftpuser "CWD" dms-imrm/Delasco_Invoices_DayForward_Scan" 250 - server16.na.in.com UNKNOWN ftpuser "PWD" 257 - server16.na.in.com UNKNOWN ftpuser "CWD Private" 250 - server16.na.in.com UNKNOWN ftpuser "PWD" 257 - server16.na.in.com UNKNOWN... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help - search/copy from one file and search/paste to another

I am a newbie and would like some help with the following - Trying to search fileA for a string similar to - AS11000022010 30.4 31.7 43.7 53.8 60.5 71.1 75.2 74.7 66.9 56.6 42.7 32.5 53.3 I then want to replace that string with a string from fileB - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word and copy the file

Hi need help with a script or command My requirement is - I need to do a "ls -ltr tcserver*.syslog" files in /tmp, direct the output to a file ls -ltr tcserv*.syslog | grep "Jan 31" | awk '{printf "\n" $9}' > jandat.logs -Then open each file in above list and search for string/word,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy pattern inside the file

Hi all, I have files and have a missing record. I need copy the existing record and mark those values up. For example in the below file 11048 is missing. I need to copy 22001 and copy those create the values for 11048. I have 120 set of files and I need to do that on all files. Note the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
otp(n)							RFC 2289 A One-Time Password System						    otp(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
otp - One-Time Passwords SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require otp ?1.0.0? ::otp::otp-md4 ?-hex? ?-words? -seed seed -count count data ::otp::otp-md5 ?-hex? ?-words? -seed seed -count count data ::otp::otp-sha1 ?-hex? ?-words? -seed seed -count count data ::otp::otp-rmd160 ?-hex? ?-words? -seed seed -count count data _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package is an implementation in Tcl of the One-Time Password system as described in RFC 2289 (1). This system uses message-digest algorithms to sequentially hash a passphrase to create single-use passwords. The resulting data is then provided to the user as either hexadecimal digits or encoded using a dictionary of 2048 words. This system is used by OpenBSD for secure login and can be used as a SASL mechanism for authenticating users. In this implementation we provide support for four algorithms that are included in the tcllib distribution: MD5 (2), MD4 (3), RIPE-MD160 (4) and SHA-1 (5). COMMANDS
::otp::otp-md4 ?-hex? ?-words? -seed seed -count count data ::otp::otp-md5 ?-hex? ?-words? -seed seed -count count data ::otp::otp-sha1 ?-hex? ?-words? -seed seed -count count data ::otp::otp-rmd160 ?-hex? ?-words? -seed seed -count count data EXAMPLES
% otp::otp-md5 -count 99 -seed host67821 "My Secret Pass Phrase" (binary gibberish) % otp::otp-md5 -words -count 99 -seed host67821 "My Secret Pass Phrase" SOON ARAB BURG LIMB FILE WAD % otp::otp-md5 -hex -count 99 -seed host67821 "My Secret Pass Phrase" e249b58257c80087 REFERENCES
[1] Haller, N. et al., "A One-Time Password System", RFC 2289, February 1998. http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2289.txt [2] Rivest, R., "The MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm", RFC 1321, MIT and RSA Data Security, Inc, April 1992. (http://www.rfc-edi- tor.org/rfc/rfc1321.txt) [3] Rivest, R., "The MD4 Message Digest Algorithm", RFC 1320, MIT, April 1992. (http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1320.txt) [4] H. Dobbertin, A. Bosselaers, B. Preneel, "RIPEMD-160, a strengthened version of RIPEMD" http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~cosi- cart/pdf/AB-9601/AB-9601.pdf [5] "Secure Hash Standard", National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Department Of Commerce, April 1995. (http://www.itl.nist.gov/fipspubs/fip180-1.htm) BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category otp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
SASL, md4, md5, ripemd160, sha1 KEYWORDS
hashing, message-digest, password, rfc 2289, security CATEGORY
Hashes, checksums, and encryption COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, Pat Thoyts <patthoyts@users.sourceforge.net> otp 1.0.0 otp(n)