Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Auto Complete variable names in KSH Post 302620541 by agama on Sunday 8th of April 2012 04:52:37 PM
Old 04-08-2012
Based on the Kshell man page (man/man1/ksh.html man page -- look for the heading "In-line Editing Options") I don't believe variable name expansion is supported. From the doc, only filename and command expansion is implemented.

I could be wrong, but that is how I read it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto Complete under AIX

How can one setup auto complete under AIX when you type a path etc. by pressing a sequece of keys yu can complete the line. Any sugestions !!!! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: truma1
7 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Auto complete

How can I set up the profile for a use so when entering a eg first charachter of a file and then pressing the tab OS will complete the file name. Thanks in advance Tom (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tom_Zamani
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Complete

Hi ! Can anybody please give me any clue how to set on the Auto Complete option (auto complete paths by pressing escape) in unix ? Thanks! Pablo. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cordobapablo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom auto-complete

Hello: I am using csh, and am a complete noob when it comes to shell scripting. I want the following: 1) Ignore case when doing auto-complete. 2) If there are multiple matches (example: I have files abc.txt abc.txt.1, abc.txt.2 and type abc<tab>), count the number of matches. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madiyaan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto-complete in terminal

Dear friend i have intalled sun solaris in vmware (vertual machine) untill now every things are ok but i have proplem when i tray to use tap key in terminal for auto complete the terminal window prsent to me space only i tried many also in many profile it seem the same proplem also if i print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed-syria
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File name auto completion not working in KSH.Please help

Hi All, I am using SunOS 5.8 verison with KSH shell. My problem is I am not getting auto completion of file name on pressing of TAB or ESC key. While pressing ESC key , '^[' is getting printed . TAB is printing doin nothin but jus printing tab. What should I do to get auto completion of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto completion of file name in KSH.

Hi All, I am using SunOS 5.8 verison with KSH shell. My problem is I am not getting auto completion of file name on pressing of TAB or ESC key. While pressing ESC key , '^[' is getting printed . TAB is printing doin nothin but jus printing tab. What should I do to get auto completion of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find complete file names in UNIX if i know only extention of file

Suppose I have a file which contains other file names with some extention . text file containt gdsds sd8ef g/f/temp_temp.sum yyeta t/unix.sum ghfp hrwer h/y/test.text.dat if then.... I want to get the complete file names, like for above file I should get output as temp_temp.sum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchal
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell - Auto complete shell windows

*Sorry for my other post in French* Hi everyone! In my work I have to find how can I auto complete this type of windows (screenshot) in Shell with defined variables. http://opsi-fr.opensides.be/opsi-doc/stable/xhtml/fr/images/mysql-config-input-mask.png Thank you so much for replies! :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devilsnake88
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Emacs auto-complete comments too

I am using emacs auto-complete. Auto completion works well, however text inside comments blocks is not auto completed. I want to auto complete when writing comments as well but cannot find a way to set it up yet. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies
QFilePreview(3qt)														 QFilePreview(3qt)

NAME
QFilePreview - File previewing in QFileDialog SYNOPSIS
#include <qfiledialog.h> Public Members QFilePreview () virtual void previewUrl ( const QUrl & url ) = 0 DESCRIPTION
The QFilePreview class provides file previewing in QFileDialog. This class is an abstract base class which is used to implement widgets that can display a preview of a file in a QFileDialog. You must derive the preview widget from both QWidget and from this class. Then you must reimplement this class's previewUrl() function, which is called by the file dialog if the preview of a file (specified as a URL) should be shown. See also QFileDialog::setPreviewMode(), QFileDialog::setContentsPreview(), QFileDialog::setInfoPreview(), QFileDialog::setInfoPreviewEnabled(), QFileDialog::setContentsPreviewEnabled(). For an example of a preview widget see qt/examples/qdir/qdir.cpp. See also Miscellaneous Classes. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QFilePreview::QFilePreview () Constructs the QFilePreview. void QFilePreview::previewUrl ( const QUrl & url ) [pure virtual] This function is called by QFileDialog if a preview for the url should be shown. Reimplement this function to provide file previewing. SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qfilepreview.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2001 Trolltech AS, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qfilepreview.3qt) and the Qt version (3.1.1). Trolltech AS 9 December 2002 QFilePreview(3qt)