Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: alias with variables
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers alias with variables Post 302620371 by Eanix013 on Sunday 8th of April 2012 03:20:41 AM
Old 04-08-2012
Thanks for replying franklin,

I was trying to use the alias like an script.

like when I put:

Code:
count wenk

is displays the count of files:

Code:
=============

I also tried to use:

Code:
grep -c {print $1}

And it also doesn't work.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias help

Hi I have a problem when i try to set any thing as alias it works say alias sasa="cd /home/hghgg" but when i close the terminal it does not work (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafique
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the alias,when we have the IP.

Hi, I have to set up a printer in the system.Generally the alias is given like sdclbl1 etc.So when I ping i get the IP address. This time they have provided the IP adress.Is there any way to find the alias from this.Ping did not give the alias. Thanks and Regards, Gideon. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
2 Replies

3. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Creating a .profile, displaying system variables, and creating an alias

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is what I am supposed to do, word for word from my assignment page: 1. Create/modify and print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH arrays and variables of variables in C++

Sometimes it is handy to protect long scripts in C++. The following syntax works fine for simple commands: #define SHELLSCRIPT1 "\ #/bin/bash \n\ echo \"hello\" \n\ " int main () { cout <<system(SHELLSCRIPT1); return 0; } Unfortunately for there are problems for: 1d arrays:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass variables into anothother variables?

Below are three variables, which I want to pass into variable RESULT1 username1=userid poihostname1=dellsys.com port1=8080 How can I pass these variables into below code... RESULT1=$((ssh -n username1@poihostname1 time /usr/sfw/bin/wget --user=sam --password=123 -O /dev/null -q... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
4 Replies
GLSHADERSOURCE(3G)						    OpenGL 3.3							GLSHADERSOURCE(3G)

NAME
glShaderSource - Replaces the source code in a shader object C SPECIFICATION
void glShaderSource(GLuint shader, GLsizei count, const GLchar **string, const GLint *length); PARAMETERS
shader Specifies the handle of the shader object whose source code is to be replaced. count Specifies the number of elements in the string and length arrays. string Specifies an array of pointers to strings containing the source code to be loaded into the shader. length Specifies an array of string lengths. DESCRIPTION
glShaderSource sets the source code in shader to the source code in the array of strings specified by string. Any source code previously stored in the shader object is completely replaced. The number of strings in the array is specified by count. If length is NULL, each string is assumed to be null terminated. If length is a value other than NULL, it points to an array containing a string length for each of the corresponding elements of string. Each element in the length array may contain the length of the corresponding string (the null character is not counted as part of the string length) or a value less than 0 to indicate that the string is null terminated. The source code strings are not scanned or parsed at this time; they are simply copied into the specified shader object. NOTES
OpenGL copies the shader source code strings when glShaderSource is called, so an application may free its copy of the source code strings immediately after the function returns. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if shader is not a value generated by OpenGL. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if shader is not a shader object. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if count is less than 0. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGetShader() with arguments shader and GL_SHADER_SOURCE_LENGTH glGetShaderSource() with argument shader glIsShader() SEE ALSO
glCompileShader(), glCreateShader(), glDeleteShader() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2005 3Dlabs Inc. Ltd. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. OpenGL 3.3 03/08/2011 GLSHADERSOURCE(3G)