Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to perform a hexdump using dd from start point to end point? Post 302620353 by jlliagre on Sunday 8th of April 2012 02:09:56 AM
Old 04-08-2012
Code:
dd if=/your/binfile bs=512 skip=1 count=1 2>/dev/null | hexdump -C

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fibre connection Point to Point SUN

Anyone know of a guide or instructions for Solaris I got to configure a SBUS HBA to talk to a tape robot. I have done this on a switch but not point to point. just going HBA >>>>> TAPE Fibre simple two nodes Kie (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kie
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set start point in script

Does anyone know of a way to set up some sort of marker in a shell script, from which the script can be restarted.. e.g. MARKER1 check env variable MAX_RETRY if var not set then while true do check var if set go to MARKER1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please point the error

Hi i want the output of the following code as follows: colname typename NOT NULL default current timestamp But there seems to be some problem . Kindly correct that COLNAME="colname" typename="typename" DEFAULT="current timestamp" echo "$COLNAME $TYPENAME NOT NULL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to start a script from the point where it failed.

Hi Guys, I have requirement where if the script fails at a particular point, then the script should run from that particular point itslf.. could anyone help me out from this.. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting word from this point to end of file in VI

Hi All i need to delete a recurring word from point "n" till end of the file. there are other words in this file so i cannot use `dG`, can anyone help me out? Kind regards Brian (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping from a point in a file to the end of the file

does any one know how to turn the equivalent of this command: awk '/2011 John Doe 8344/,0' /tmp/ops.log | egrep -c "received request" to something that would use egrep instead of awk? What the awk command does is, it searches the ops.log file for "2011 John Doe 8344". When it finds it,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting the part of the file(overwrite) using start and end point

here is the contents of bigfile.sql CREATE TABLE `Table11` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL , `entityName` enum('Lines','EndUsers') COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL, `parentAllianceMigrationProjectId` varchar(255) NOT NULL ) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=2000 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
30 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for decimal point and add it at the end if its not there using awk/perl

I have test.dat file with values given below: 20150202,abc,,,,3625.300000,,,,,-5,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 20150202,def,,,,32.585,,,,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 20150202,xyz,,,,12,,,,,0.004167,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, My expected output is shown below: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvk_vinoth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from last point

Hi again, first thanks for all your suggestions. This forum it is very useful. I have a question. Is it possible to read from the last line a file was closed. For example, imagine that i've got a file with a LOT of timestamps : 1467387616.868717770 1467387616.874189609... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Board27
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)