Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing special characters - Control M Post 302620199 by bartus11 on Saturday 7th of April 2012 11:43:56 AM
Old 04-07-2012
Why reinvent the wheel? Try
Code:
dos2unix filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Identifying and removing control characters in a file.

What is the best method to identify an remove control characters in a file. Would it be easier to do this in Unix or in C. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle8
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing special characters in file

I have file special.txt with the following data. <header info> 123$ty5%98&0asd 1@356fgbv78 09*&^5jkns43( ...........some more rows. In my output file, I want to eliminate all the special characters in my file and I want all other data. need some help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing special characters @ EOL

How to remove special chracters @ END OF EACH LINE in a file file1.txt: 0003073413^M 0003073351^M 0003073379^M 0003282724^M 0003323334^M 0003217159^M 0003102760^M 0002228911^M I used the below command but it is not working ? perl -pi -e 's/^M\/g' file1.txt (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

4. AIX

Removing a filename which has special characters passed from a pipe with xargs

Hi, On AIX 5200-07-00 I have a find command as following to delete files from a certain location that are more than 7 days old. I am being told that I cannot use -exec option to delete files from these directories. Having said that I am more curious to know how this can be done. an sample... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
3 Replies

5. Solaris

removing special characters, white spaces from a field in a file

what my code is doing, it is executing a sql file and the resullset of the query is getting stored in the text file in a fixed format. for that fixed format i have used the following code:: Code: awk -F":"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing special characters

Dear Friends, I want to remove text between two patters. Problem is, it has random special characters like \ / | * ` ~ ! $ etc. These random special characters has no fixed length. But these special characters are appearing between a fixed pattern e.g. DM&^%#|#!\/?CT Expected output... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk for removing special characters and extra commas

Hi, I have a .csv file which as empty lines with comma and some special characters in 3rd column as below. Source data 1,2,3,4,%#,6 ,,,,,, 1,2,3,4,5,6 Target Data 1,2,3,4,5,6I need to remove blank lines and special charcters I am trying to get this using the below awk awk -F","... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Removing control-m characters from shell script

Hi All, I need to remove control m character from a file. Steps which i am doing in shell script are: 1) We are comparing the header of the file to the database table header Here the file header has control-m characters. How do i remove it. Please help. Below are the steps i am using,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank/white spaces and special characters

Hello All , 1. I am trying to do a task where I need to remove Blank spaces from my file , I am usingawk '{$1=$1}{print}' file>file1Input :- ;05/12/1990 ;31/03/2014 ; Output:- ;05/12/1990 ;31/03/2014 ;This command is not removing all spaces from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshu sood
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Special control characters in file

Hi Guys, We receive some huge files on to Linux server. Source system use FTP mechanism to transfer these files on our server. Occasionally one record is getting corrupted while transfer, some control characters are injecting into the file. How to fix this issue ? please advice ? Sample... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
2 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)