Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Two scripts, 1 header... help Post 302619275 by rbatte1 on Thursday 5th of April 2012 07:46:12 AM
Old 04-05-2012
Well, you need to explain a bit more about what you are trying to acheive. Just the script names doesn't give a lot to go on. What script language are you using, what operating system, and what are you actually trying to do? Is it to present a web page perhaps?

If you can elabourate, then we might have a chance!

Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Reading the header of a tar file(posix header)

say i have these many file in a directory named exam. 1)/exam/newfolder/link.txt. 2)/exam/newfolder1/ and i create a tar say exam.tar well the problem is, when i read the tar file i dont find any metadata about the directories,as you cannot create a tar containig empty directories. on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanvirk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming all header to specific header pattern

Input #HAC0253 EFVHIJHIJEFVTHIJOPKOPKTEFVEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKHIJTTEFVEFVTEFV #BASFS12 EFVEFVHIJEFVEFVTOPKEFVOPKTHIJTTHIJOPK #ACG5115 TEFVEFVOIJEFVHIJHIJOPKOPKHIJHIJTTEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK #ECG5114 IJTOPKHIJEFVOEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK . . Output (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename a header column by adding another column entry to the header column name URGENT!!

Hi All, I have a file example.csv which looks like this GrpID,TargetID,Signal,Avg_Num CSCH74_1_1,2007,61,256 CSCH74_1_1,212007,647,679 CSCH74_1_1,12007,3,32 CSCH74_1_1,207,299,777 I want the output as GrpID,TragetID,Signal-CSCH74_1_1,Avg_Num CSCH74_1_1,2007,61,256... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vavad
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Logic of 3 scripts and 1 header

Hi, I am hitting my head for weeks now, I run 3 sites that are basically serving 1 community, a job search, a wiki and a social networking platform. Rather than promote all three I want to create the illusion that its all 1 website, and I identify 3 areas to make this possible. 1) unified... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column header and row header

Hi, I have an input like this 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 4 5 6 7 I would like to count the no. of columns and print a header with a prefix "Col". I would also like to count the no. of rows and print as first column with each line number with a prefix "Row" So, my output would be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate all rows except header, but header should be output as well

Hello There... I have a sample input file .. number:department:amount 125:Market:125.23 126:Hardware store:434.95 127:Video store:7.45 128:Book store:14.32 129:Gasolline:16.10 I will be doing some manipulations on all the records except the header, but the header should always be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - How to update header of scripts in one pass - multiline search/replace

Hello. A find command return a list of file. For each fileReplace the content starting with the first "§" (of two) ending with last "ɸ" (of two), regardless of the content ( five lines ) by the following content (exactly) : §2019_08_23§ # # ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
8 Replies
build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)				      General Commands Manual					 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)

NAME
build-lives-rfx-plugin - builds rendered effects for LiVES SYNOPSIS
build-lives-rfx-plugin script_name [plugin_dir] -get section file DESCRIPTION
This perl script is used by LiVES to compile an RFX (rendered effect) plugin for LiVES. It is generally called from build-lives-rfx-plugin- multi for a script which has a language code representing LiVES-perl. The script_name must be the full (absolute) path to the plugin script, and plugin_dir can be used to specify the output directory where the compiled plugin should be generated. If plugin_dir is not defined then /tmp is assumed. The second variant with -get is used to print out a script section from a plugin script to stdout. It is generally only used internally by LiVES. Return values The script returns the following values 0 - success 1 - the value of a trigger was greater than the number of parameters 2 - a value could not be read from the script file 3 - the language code of the plugin script was not equivalent to LiVES-perl 4 - the API version level of the plugin script was invalid 5 - the <define> section was missing from the plugin script SEE ALSO
build-lives-rfx-plugin-multi(1), lives(1) AUTHOR
Gabriel Finch a.k.a Salsaman (salsaman@xs4all.nl) May 9 2010 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)