Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to remove and recreate a lock file Post 302619251 by methyl on Thursday 5th of April 2012 06:58:31 AM
Old 04-05-2012
Please post a sample of the format of a directory listing of these files which makes it clear what the time and date format looks like and makes it clear whether there are subdirectories under the lock directory:

Code:
cd /rbs/batchProcs/locks
ls -lar

This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove CVS lock

Hi All, CVS repository is setup on linux server and we are using wincvs to checkout/tag .. etc but we are getting below lock error so how to remove this lock and what is the reason for lock?? cvs rtag: waiting for username's lock in /space/cvs/modulename (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to recreate scripts under /etc/rc3.d folder

Hi All, We have the JMS Queue startup script S52imq and some other scripts in our solaris server 5.8 version. now unknowingly something happend to those scripts and its lost. How can I recreate those scripts again to start the JMQ queue again? We have Solaris 5.10 version which is having... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsurendiran
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Please look at this screen shot: How do I remove this lock icon?!

RESOLVED in the screen shot I'd like to remove the lock sandwiched between the spaces indicator and the monitor icon, how do I get rid of it? It locks the screen and I cannot remember how it came to be http://guptaxpn.com/tmp/lock_icon_screenshot.png Thanks for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Security Question: Lock after invalid login, Session Lock and Required Minimum Password Length

Hello all, If anyone has time, I have a few questions: How do I do the following in Linux. We are using Red Hat and Oracle Enterprise Linux, which is based on Red Hat too. 1. How to lock the account after a few (like 3) invalid password attempts? 2. How do you lock a screen after 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nstarz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete and Recreate around 400 Symbolic Links in one Folder

Hello, I recently just switched my phphandler to suPHP on my server in order to increase security a bit. I am working with 2 scripts, one of which is vbulletin forums and the other is custom. The vbulletin forum avatars are all symbolic links to pictures in the other custom script. When I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambition13
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied

Hi all, I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...). I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message. Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

No lock file: Preventing multiple instance of a script

I've been bitten by using a lock or pid file to prevent multiple instances of a script. A user typed kill -9, and the pid file didn't go away. You can't trap -9. So when he tried to restart, it said "already running", and I got trouble report. Argh. So here's what we came up with: # Stop if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: McFadden586
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

How to lock a file through UNIX KSH shell script?

I wrote two shell scripts in UNIX that renames the same file and scheduled them at the same time. The following are the steps that I followed:- 1. I wrote 2 scripts named s1.sh and s2.sh, both trying to add “exec_” prefix to the name of the files present in a folder i which already don't start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: piuli
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script calling multiple scripts (using lock file)

Hi all, i have compiled a script as below. Basically this script is intended to call 3 other scripts, which i intend to run simultaneously. #!/usr/bin/bash HOMEDIR=/path/of/home LOCKDIR=$HOMEDIR/lock #check for LOCK LOCKFILE=$LOCKDIR/$(basename $0 .sh).lock if ; then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Ignite-UX INDEX file messed up, how to recreate?

OK, so I just messed myself up. Thinking the /var/opt/ignite/data/INDEX files was static, I manually edited the file and added 2 more OS's to it. During an Install it only showed the first OS (started with 11.31, 3 versions then added a 11.23, and a 11.11 stanza's). The 11.23 and 11.11 never... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
2 Replies
SHLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SHLOCK(1)

NAME
shlock - create lock files for use in shell scripts SYNOPSIS
shlock -p pid -f name [ -b ] [ -u ] [ -c ] DESCRIPTION
Shlock tries to create a lock file named name and write the process ID pid into it. If the file already exists, shlock will read the process ID from the file and test to see if the process is currently running. If the process exists, then the file will not be created. Shlock exits with a zero status if it was able to create the lock file, or non-zero if the file refers to currently-active process. OPTIONS
-b Process IDs are normally read and written in ASCII. If the ``-b'' flag is used, then they will be written as a binary int. For compatibility with other systems, the ``-u'' flag is accepted as a synonym for ``-b'' since binary locks are used by many UUCP pack- ages. -c If the ``-c'' flag is used, then shlock will not create a lock file, but will instead use the file to see if the lock is held by another program. If the lock is valid, the program will exit with a non-zero status; if the lock is not valid (i.e., invoking shlock without the flag would have succeeded), then the program will exit with a zero status. EXAMPLES
The following example shows how shlock would be used within a shell script: LOCK=/var/run/innd/LOCK.send trap 'rm -f ${LOCK} ; exit 1' 1 2 3 15 if shlock -p $$ -f ${LOCK} ; then # Do appropriate work else echo Locked by `cat ${LOCK}` fi HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> after a description of HDB UUCP locking given by Peter Honeyman. This is revision 1.9, dated 1996/10/29. SHLOCK(1)