Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ldapclient can not modify attribute Post 302619091 by alfa_w on Thursday 5th of April 2012 09:29:42 PM
Old 04-05-2012
ldapclient can not modify attribute

Hello,

We have one Solaris 10 machine which has three LDAP servers configured. We want to remove one of them. I tried below ldapclient command however no change is made.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ldapclient mod -a "defaultServerList=10.149.9.20 10.149.9.21"
System successfully configured

ldapclient list
NS_LDAP_FILE_VERSION= 2.0
NS_LDAP_SERVERS= 10.149.9.20, 10.149.9.21, 10.149.1.4
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Still three servers. Can any one give some advice.

Thanks,
Alfa

---------- Post updated 04-05-12 at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous update was 04-04-12 at 10:57 PM ----------

any idea?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

File attribute Help please

Could anyone help i have a question that i have a problem with for my home work it is, How do i change file permissions in a command line enviromet thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cube3k
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Attribute Changes

Hello , I am stuck out in a part of my script, though I am trying it through a script of loops but i emphasis on having a short code : Input file has Attribute values changing with time Date Monday October 30 10:22:56 IST 2006 object values references Date ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
8 Replies

3. Red Hat

Password Attribute

Hello Friends , Where do i check the following settings in redhat ? 1. Minimum required number of characters in the password (passwordMinLength) 2. Minimum number of digit characters, meaning numbers between zero and nine (passwordMinDigits) 3. Minimum number of ASCII alphabetic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
2 Replies

4. Solaris

configure ldapclient on solaris 10

Hi there, I am looking for a detailed step-by-step how to configure ldapclient on solaris 10. I used ldapclient manual, and edited nsswitch.conf and pam.conf, but it is not working. thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trtcom1
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Error in LdapClient configuration

Hi all, My code for configuring ldapclient is as follows: ldapclient manual \ -a credentialLevel=proxy \ -a authenticationMethod=simple \ -a proxyDN=cn=proxyagent,cn=user1,dc=sema,dc=com \ -a proxyPassword=user1 \ -a defaultSearchBase=dc=sema,dc=com \ -a domainName=sema.com \ -a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathya47
10 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Solaris LDAPCLIENT accept CA

Hey Guys, How can I make the Solaris native ldapclient trust a CA? I am trying to use a selfsigned cert and it is not working. WHen I use ssltap to monitor the ssl traffic it shows this for the last client communication: 0: 15 03 01 00 02 02 30 | ......0 (7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s ladd
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with Solaris 10 and ldapclient authentication

Hello everyone! Currently, i have a RHEL6 server, with openLDAP server running. Most of our servers run on Rhel platform, but some of them run in Solaris 10, and I need to make them authenticate with ldap too. As the ldap server is running without encryption, the command I used for initialize... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lilbighorn
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use xml_grep to get the value of an attribute?

I'm using xml_grep command to get the value of different tags in a xml-file. No i also need the value of an attribute in a tag. Can I use xml_grep for this? Does anybody know how? ex. : <Name xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLinst" xsi:spaceSchema="Name_5879.xsd"> ... </Name> I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pistach
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

(.) at the end of file attribute.

Hi Linux Experts, I am using RHEL 6.4, on checking I identified some files ends with the file attribute like dot (.) at the end. Whereas, I checked with the same level of other servers and I don't identify dot(.) at the end of file attribute. Why is it so? is there any meaning for it. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a PS attribute?

Hi, i want to list all system processes showing the attributes pid, user name, cpu consumption, and the difference between the resident memory and the swap memory needed to stock the process in case of suspending it. i have two questions, the resident memory is the attribute size i think,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eskizoide
4 Replies
pbind(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 pbind(1M)

NAME
pbind - control and query bindings of processes or LWPs SYNOPSIS
pbind -b processor_id pid [/lwpid]... pbind [-q] [pid [/lwpid]...] pbind -Q [processor_id...] pbind -u pid [/lwpid]... pbind -U [processor_id...] DESCRIPTION
pbind controls and queries bindings of processes and LWPs (lightweight processes) to processors. pbind can also remove processor bindings that were previously established. When an LWP is bound to a processor, it will be executed only by that processor except when the LWP requires a resource that is provided only by another processor. The binding is not exclusive, that is, the processor is free execute other LWPs as well. Bindings are inherited, so new LWPs and processes created by a bound LWP will have the same binding. Binding an interactive shell to a pro- cessor, for example, binds all commands executed by the shell. Superusers may bind or unbind any process or LWP, while other users can bind or unbind any process or LWP for which they have permission to signal, that is, any process that has the same effective user ID as the user. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b processor_id Binds all or a subset of the LWPs of the specified processes to the processor processor_id. Specify processor_id as the processor ID of the processor to be controlled or queried. processor_id must be present and on-line. Use the psrinfo command to determine whether or not processor_id is present and on-line. See psrinfo(1M). -q Displays the bindings of the specified processes or of all processes. If a process is composed of multiple LWPs which have different bindings and the LWPs are not explicitly specified, the bindings of only one of the bound LWPs will be displayed. The bindings of a subset of LWPs can be displayed by appending "/lwpids" to the process IDs. Multiple LWPs may be selected using "-" and "," delimiters. See EXAMPLES. -Q Displays the LWPs bound to the specified list of processors, or all LWPs with processor bindings. For processes composed of multiple LWPs, the bindings of individual LWPs will be displayed. -u Removes the bindings of all or a subset of the LWPs of the specified processes, allowing them to be executed on any on-line processor. -U Removes the bindings of all LWPs bound to the specified list of processors, or to any processor if no argument is specified. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pid The process ID of the process to be controlled or queried. lwpid The set of LWP IDs of the specified process to be controlled or queried. The syntax for selecting LWP IDs is as follows: 2,3,4-8 LWP IDs 2, 3, and 4 through 8 -4 LWPs whose IDs are 4 or below 4- LWPs whose IDs are 4 or above processor_id The processor ID of the processor to be controlled or queried. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Binding Processes The following example binds processes 204 and 223 to processor 2: example% pbind -b 2 204 223 process id 204: was 2, now 2 process id 223: was 3, now 2 Example 2: Unbinding a Process The following example unbinds process 204: example% pbind -u 204 Example 3: Querying Bindings The following example queries bindings. It demonstrates that process 1 is bound to processor 0, process 149 has at least one LWP bound to CPU3, and process 101 has no bound LWPs. example% pbind -q 1 149 101 process id 1: 0 process id 149: 3 process id 101: not bound Example 4: Querying LWP Bindings The following example queries bindings of LWPs. It demonstrates that LWP 1 of process 149 is bound to CPU3, and LWP 2 of process 149 is not bound. example% pbind -q 149/1-2 lwp id 149/1: 3 lwp id 149/2: not bound Example 5: Querying LWP Bindings for Processor 2: The following example queries all LWPs bound to processor 2: example% pbind -Q 2 lwp id 149/4: 2 lwp id 149/5: 2 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. SEE ALSO
psradm(1M), psrinfo(1M), psrset(1M), processor_bind(2), processor_info(2), sysconf(3C), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
pbind: cannot query pid 31: No suchprocess The process specified did not exist or has exited. pbind: cannot bind pid 31: Not owner The user does not have permission to bind the process. pbind: cannot bind pid 31: Invalid argument The specified processor is not on-line. SunOS 5.10 18 July 2004 pbind(1M)