Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automation SCRIPT to reset the password in PERL Post 302619049 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 4th of April 2012 09:11:33 PM
Old 04-04-2012
What operating system and version?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automation script for password reset

Hi, Is there any way to automate the reset of passwords.I mean can we write some scripts and do it. Would be great if anybody can help in this regards. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakyaj
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to write a script to reset user's password?

Is there anyway that I can reset user's password using a script/ssh command? ie. emulate passwd command with a default password of abc123 or even null value? > ssh server1 pwdadm user1 < /dev/null or > ssh server1 passwd user1 < /dev/null neither worked for me.. but you know what I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Looking for a script to reset password

All, I have a Solaris 9 system and I would like to create a script that would reset the password of a local user to something specific on a daily basis. Someone suggested the following: passwd --stdin username < passwd_file However, this doesn't work on Solaris. Does anyone know of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

4. Solaris

LDAP user password reset script

Hey all, I'm looking for a script to auto-generate a password for users that forget their password. Currently, we are using a perl script (with cgi-bin) where users update their password, but would like to add to this and make it so that the users can also request a password reset and a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: em23
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reset password in shell script?

Hi folks, How can we reset the password via shell script... How can i manage to pass password for the prompt. gws000i010:/ # passwd test1 New Password: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bullz26
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write script to send an email for password reset.

Hi all, Please suggest I want to write a scritp which will send a email to my mail address before the time duration of the password reset, Should write mail stating that your password will expire in so and so days"" Rgds:b: Ann. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haque123
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password automation

i am doing automation of report in unix. i am copying files from different server using scp command.. if i use scp its asking for password for copying files..is there any way to automate this password issue.. can anyone help me out??? tahnks in advance, Arun Manas (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password reset script

Hi all, I am using an command which reset the password for the user, its working fine on Solaris boxes but sometimes the samw was not happening on some of linux boxes. /bin/echo username | passwd --stdin username I am new to unix and shell scripting,so it would be very helpful for me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudharson
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password reset script

Hi, I could like to change my remote system user password. Could you please guile me, If you have any existing scripting there. please let me know Thanks & Regards, Mani (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
8 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
GSHADOW(5)						   File Formats and Conversions 						GSHADOW(5)

NAME
gshadow - shadowed group file DESCRIPTION
/etc/gshadow contains the shadowed information for group accounts. This file must not be readable by regular users if password security is to be maintained. Each line of this file contains the following colon-separated fields: group name It must be a valid group name, which exist on the system. encrypted password Refer to crypt(3) for details on how this string is interpreted. If the password field contains some string that is not a valid result of crypt(3), for instance ! or *, users will not be able to use a unix password to access the group (but group members do not need the password). The password is used when an user who is not a member of the group wants to gain the permissions of this group (see newgrp(1)). This field may be empty, in which case only the group members can gain the group permissions. A password field which starts with a exclamation mark means that the password is locked. The remaining characters on the line represent the password field before the password was locked. This password supersedes any password specified in /etc/group. administrators It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Administrators can change the password or the members of the group. Administrators also have the same permissions as the members (see below). members It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Members can access the group without being prompted for a password. You should use the same list of users as in /etc/group. FILES
/etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. SEE ALSO
gpasswd(5), group(5), grpck(8), grpconv(8), newgrp(1). shadow-utils 4.1.5.1 05/25/2012 GSHADOW(5)