Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED With Regex to extract Email Address Post 302618965 by CarloM on Wednesday 4th of April 2012 04:13:32 PM
Old 04-04-2012
Search 'RFC2822 regex' - the regular expression for the official standard for addresses is, um, long Smilie.
Code:
(?:[a-z0-9!#$%&'*+/=?^_`{|}~-]+(?:\.[a-z0-9!#$%&'*+/=?^_`{|}~-]+)*|”(?:[\x01-\x08\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x1f\x21\x23-\x5b\x5d-\x7f]|\\[\x01-\x09\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x7f])*”)@(?:(?:[a-z0-9](?:[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9])?\.)+[a-z0-9](?:[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9])?|\[(?:(?:25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\.){3}(?:25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?|[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9]:(?:[\x01-\x08\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x1f\x21-\x5a\x53-\x7f]|\\[\x01-\x09\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x7f])+)\])

This User Gave Thanks to CarloM For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regex to match IP address

What do you think of this regex to match IP address? I have been reading up on regex and have seen some really long ones for IP. Would this fail in any scenarios? (+\.){3}* (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED command in a shell script: Unterminated address regex

Hi All, I am trying to use a sed command in a shell script in order to delete some lines in a file and I got the following error message. I don't understand why it is not working 'cause I have tried with simple quotes, then with double-quotes, and it is not working. sed: -e expression #1,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alpha3363
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex: Extract substring between 2 separator

Hi Input: aa-bb-cc-dd.ee.ff.gg Output: dd I want to get the word after the last '-' until the first dot I have tried with regex lookbehind and lookahead like this: (?<=-).*(?=\.) but his returns too much bb-cc-dd.ee.ff (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chitech
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Find and sed for an email address in Solaris 10

in Solaris 10 I am able to run: find . -type f -name "copy*" exec grep example.com {} \; and I get results. but when I try to find and sed: find . -type f -name "copy*" exec sed -e 's/user@example\.com/user2@example\.com' {} \; the command executes correctly but doesn't change... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
6 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cant use certain email address

I tried to re-register using my new email address which is <firstname>@<surname>.me But it never sent out the email confirmation. I had to hit the back button and use my gmail address instead and it came through instantly. Is there a problem with using .me addresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustin
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: -e expression #1, char 16: unterminated address regex

I am trying to grep for a particular text (Do action on cell BL330) in a text file(sample.gz) which is searched in the content filtered by date+timestamp (2016-09-14 01:09:56,796 to 2016-09-15 04:10:29,719) on a remote machine and finally write the output into a output file on a local machine. ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbadveti
23 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex

I am trying to add word in last of particular line. the same command syntex is running on prompt. but in bash script give error."sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex" Please help. for i in `cat servername`; do ssh -q -t root@$i sed -i '/simple_allow_groups =/s/$/,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yash_message
4 Replies
NE_IADDR_MAKE(3)						neon API reference						  NE_IADDR_MAKE(3)

NAME
ne_iaddr_make, ne_iaddr_cmp, ne_iaddr_print, ne_iaddr_typeof, ne_iaddr_parse, ne_iaddr_raw, ne_iaddr_reverse, ne_iaddr_free - functions to manipulate network addresses SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_socket.h> typedef enum { ne_iaddr_ipv4 = 0, ne_iaddr_ipv6 } ne_iaddr_type; ne_inet_addr *ne_iaddr_make(ne_iaddr_type type, const unsigned char *raw); int ne_iaddr_cmp(const ne_inet_addr *ia1, const ne_inet_addr *ia2); char *ne_iaddr_print(const ne_inet_addr *ia, char *buffer, size_t bufsiz); ne_iaddr_type ne_iaddr_typeof(const ne_inet_addr *ia); ne_inet_addr *ne_iaddr_parse(const char *address, ne_iaddr_type type); unsigned char *ne_iaddr_raw(const ne_inet_addr *ia, unsigned char *buffer); int ne_iaddr_reverse(const ne_inet_addr *ia, char *buffer, size_t buflen); void ne_iaddr_free(const ne_inet_addr *ia); DESCRIPTION
ne_iaddr_make creates an ne_inet_addr object from a raw binary network address; for instance the four bytes 0x7f 0x00 0x00 0x01 represent the IPv4 address 127.0.0.1. The object returned is suitable for passing to ne_sock_connect. A binary IPv4 address contains four bytes; a binary IPv6 address contains sixteen bytes; addresses passed must be in network byte order. ne_iaddr_cmp compares two network address objects; returning zero only if they are identical. The objects need not have the same address type; if the addresses are not of the same type, the return value is guaranteed to be non-zero. ne_iaddr_print prints a human-readable string representation of a network address into a buffer, for instance the string "127.0.0.1". ne_iaddr_typeof returns the type of the given network address object. ne_iaddr_parse parses a string representation of a network address (such as "127.0.0.1" and creates a network address object to represent the parsed address. ne_iaddr_raw writes the raw byte representation of a network address to the provided buffer. The bytes are written in network byte order; the buffer must be of suitable length for the type of address (4 bytes for an IPv4 address, 16 bytes for an IPv6 address). ne_iaddr_reverse performs a reverse name lookup on the address object, writing the (first) hostname associated with the IP address to the provided buffer. If the hostname is longer than the buffer it will be silently truncated; on success the string written to the buffer is always NUL-terminated. ne_iaddr_free releases the memory associated with a network address object. RETURN VALUE
ne_iaddr_make returns NULL if the address type passed is not supported (for instance on a platform which does not support IPv6). ne_iaddr_print returns the buffer pointer, and never NULL. ne_iaddr_parse returns a network address object on success, or NULL on failure to parse the address parameter. ne_iaddr_reverse returns zero on success or non-zero if no hostname is associated with the address. ne_iaddr_raw returns the buffer parameter, and never NULL. EXAMPLES
The following example connects a socket to port 80 at the address 127.0.0.1. unsigned char addr[] = "x7fx00x00x01"; ne_inet_addr *ia; ia = ne_iaddr_make(ne_iaddr_ipv4, addr); if (ia != NULL) { ne_socket *sock = ne_sock_connect(ia, 80); ne_iaddr_free(ia); /* ... */ } else { /* ... */ } SEE ALSO
ne_addr_resolve AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NE_IADDR_MAKE(3)