Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED With Regex to extract Email Address Post 302618957 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 4th of April 2012 04:01:16 PM
Old 04-04-2012
I would be inclined to prefer [^ \t@] to \w for the bit before the @, since a surprising range of character are allowed in the local part of email addresses:
Email address - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regex to match IP address

What do you think of this regex to match IP address? I have been reading up on regex and have seen some really long ones for IP. Would this fail in any scenarios? (+\.){3}* (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED command in a shell script: Unterminated address regex

Hi All, I am trying to use a sed command in a shell script in order to delete some lines in a file and I got the following error message. I don't understand why it is not working 'cause I have tried with simple quotes, then with double-quotes, and it is not working. sed: -e expression #1,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alpha3363
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex: Extract substring between 2 separator

Hi Input: aa-bb-cc-dd.ee.ff.gg Output: dd I want to get the word after the last '-' until the first dot I have tried with regex lookbehind and lookahead like this: (?<=-).*(?=\.) but his returns too much bb-cc-dd.ee.ff (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chitech
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Find and sed for an email address in Solaris 10

in Solaris 10 I am able to run: find . -type f -name "copy*" exec grep example.com {} \; and I get results. but when I try to find and sed: find . -type f -name "copy*" exec sed -e 's/user@example\.com/user2@example\.com' {} \; the command executes correctly but doesn't change... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
6 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cant use certain email address

I tried to re-register using my new email address which is <firstname>@<surname>.me But it never sent out the email confirmation. I had to hit the back button and use my gmail address instead and it came through instantly. Is there a problem with using .me addresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustin
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: -e expression #1, char 16: unterminated address regex

I am trying to grep for a particular text (Do action on cell BL330) in a text file(sample.gz) which is searched in the content filtered by date+timestamp (2016-09-14 01:09:56,796 to 2016-09-15 04:10:29,719) on a remote machine and finally write the output into a output file on a local machine. ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbadveti
23 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex

I am trying to add word in last of particular line. the same command syntex is running on prompt. but in bash script give error."sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex" Please help. for i in `cat servername`; do ssh -q -t root@$i sed -i '/simple_allow_groups =/s/$/,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yash_message
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)