Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find out if a script has ended or still running Post 302618703 by elixir_sinari on Wednesday 4th of April 2012 10:28:59 AM
Old 04-04-2012
Code:
while [ 1 ]
do

processes_running=`ps -fu <username>|grep -e "$JOBNAME" |grep -v grep|wc -l`
if [ $processes_running -ge 1 ]
then

<whatever you want do if jobname is running>

else

<whatever you want do if jobname is not running>

fi

done

This User Gave Thanks to elixir_sinari For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the server name a script is running on

Is there any kind of command I can use to find out the name or IP address of the server I am currently on? We have a script that exists on multiple servers and I'd like to set a variable differently based on what server I am on. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellburger
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to diply Files that are not ended with .sh

Cal any one let me know how to disply the files that are not ended with .sh Is there any command that to reverse the regular expression. ls -l *.sh displys all files ended with .sh exactly opposite files(not ended with .sh). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find username of user running the script

Hello All, If I have a simple cgi script and want to find the name of the person accessing the page, is it possible? How do I get the name of this user? Please help. I was trying a vague method but it doesn't seem to work with all browsers and versions ... $val=$ENV{'HTTP_COOKIE'}; $name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garric
1 Replies

4. Linux

Why had the OpenMosix project ended?

I want to build a load-balancing cluster and I the multiprocess support then I read: 'Any single program that can run as multiple processes can benefit from OpenMosix: "The GIMP" photo editor and the "kandel" fractal generator are known to do this. Unless I can find a load-balancing cluster... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in using cat and ended up with no space error in aix

While doing cat on a large file (3 GB file) , I am getting the no space error in the shell script hugefile.sh. Eg: for i in `cat hugefile.txt` do echo "$i" done error: hugefile.sh: no space Please let me know your thoughts in handling this no space issue. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing a process has ended (in the background)

Hi guys. Hopefully this question will make sense! Continuing on my script to automatically copy some huge files across the network onto various servers as background jobs, I need to be able to check that each job has finished successfully. The script below shows what I want - almost. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

number ended by 0

i have to create a simple program for my programming class and mij ide is giving me some errors. The program has to calculate the number of figures entered by a hid ended by a "0" the code i've written is: // number of numbers.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. //... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the script running time and subtract from sleeptime

HI Guys, I want to find out the script running time and subtract from sleeptime. My Script Below Give me error :- #!/usr/bin/ksh timeout=100 start=$SECONDS sleep 20 end=$SECONDS echo "Time: $((end - start)) " ScTime = $((end - start)) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to find out if a process is running on any all machines

Hi All, I have been a guest visitor from a long time and this forum is wonderful. I finally am a member of this forum too, so i am here stuck with a shell script that i was trying to write My requirement is that i should be able to create a shell script which will check if a process is running on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rex0226
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days.

Hi all, As i am new to shell script.Please help me to write a Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days. Thank's in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_1988
8 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)