Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server Confusion
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Server Confusion Post 302618671 by vbe on Wednesday 4th of April 2012 09:43:09 AM
Old 04-04-2012
Quote:
Do I need to configure a DNS?
As a domain name server ? No...
But if you dont configure your box to use a DNS, you will find yourself with a rather autistic box that may communicate only with what he knows about: The content of /etc/hosts... Usually you need configuring /etc/resolv.conf in order to resolve domain names... and /etc/nsswitch.conf to say where to look at first and if not found where after...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp confusion

I'm an intern at a company that recently bought out another business. In doing so, they inherited a unix system that contains files which they need to retrieve. No one in the company, including myself, really understands or knows unix so please respond with the true assumption that I'm a unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intern
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'tr' confusion

Good day, everyone! Could anybody explain me the following situation. If I'm running similar script: Var="anna.kurnikova" Var2="Anna Kurn" echo $Var | tr -t "$Var" "$Var2" Why the output is : anna KurniKova instead of Anna Kurnikova? :confused: Thank you in advance for any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nafanja
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab confusion

I come across an entry in cron which is in such: 0 * * * * What is the first 0 indicating? 0 minute? meaning a script cron as such will run every minute? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user50210
2 Replies

4. Linux

Confusion setting up server

20GB space (1GB Swap),and installed Centos 5.7-x86 arch. I want to use this VPS to host 2-4 domains, all of WordPress. What I want to ask is: 1. Do I need a VPS management software before installing Webuzo (from Softaculous)? If yes, what was his name? 2. Do I need to install the software... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byeron
0 Replies

5. Programming

shmget confusion?????

Hi friends, This is a small program built on the concept of shared memory. The producer is a separate program and process, and the consumer is a seperate program and process. Both are executed under the same user account. The producer takes some string from the user and adds that string to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabam
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion with PS

Hello All, I have a problem in counting number of process getting run with my current script name.. Here it is ps -ef | grep $0 | grep -v grep This display just one line with the PID, PPID and other details when i print it in the script. But when I want to count the numbers in my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion in hash

Hi folks, If a declare a direct hash , then the hash element works fine. my %test = ("test",1); print %test; print "\n"; Here in the above, the name of the hash is predeclared... Suppose now I need to create the hash elements dynamically in the for loop. $test="hash"; my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion with ++ operator

Can anyone guide me whats happening in this program given below. I got the Output 7 7 12 49... i was expecting 5 16 9 25. First is simple (3+1)*(3+1) Second is again 3*3; i =4 now Third i =5 then 5*5; i don't know where i am going wrong! #include<stdio.h> #define PRODUCT(x) (x*x) int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek_kumar
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion with the concept of wc -c and wc -m

Is wc -c and wc -m same ? Shellscript::cat file1 hello Shellscript::cat file1 | wc -c 6 Shellscript::cat file1 | wc -m 6 Shellscript::file file1 file1: ASCII text Shellscript::uname -a Linux was85host 2.6.27.45-0.1-vmi #1 SMP 2010-02-22 16:49:47 +0100 i686 i686 i386 GNU/LinuxAtleast... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripting
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ACL confusion

All, I am trying to clear ACL's completely from all files and folders in a directory. I can get the directories as cleared as: # owner: root # group: root user::rwx group::r-x other::rwx default:user::rwx default:group::r-x default:other::r-x What ever I do I can't remove the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hburnswell
4 Replies
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)					       byobu					       byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)

NAME
byobu-launcher-uninstall - Byobu Launcher uninstallation utility SYNOPSIS
byobu-launcher-uninstall DESCRIPTION
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) is a simple utilty that removes the line added to your $HOME/.profile by byobu-launcher-install(1) which launches byobu(1) any time you login through ssh(1) or on a console(4). SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu(1), ssh(1), console(4), byobu-launcher-install(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 3 Jan 2010 byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)