Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split a file using awk command. Post 302618663 by Ygor on Wednesday 4th of April 2012 09:36:26 AM
Old 04-04-2012
Perhaps try the split command.
This User Gave Thanks to Ygor For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to split in to 2 files

Hi, I have a problem in grepping a file for 2 strings and writing them to 2 appropriate files. I need to use the awk command and read the file only once and write to the appropriate file. My file is very huge in size and it is taking a long time using cat command and grep command. Can anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_subra_mani
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk command to split file name

Hi I have few files with format access.2Nov-12:15AM. These files will be generated daily . I need to write a script so that if today's date is less than 10 then it has to zip the file and rename it to acess.02Nov-12:15AM.gz .please help me in this . Also please help me in splitting the file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani9
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk in perl with split command

Hi, I have an array with following data. First field shows the owner and second is unique name. Now i have to pic the latest value with respect to the date in case of duplicate. like "def" is from two owners "rahul/vineet", now i want the latest from the two and the owner name also for all the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to split awk command

Hi, There is an awk command in script and it is running successfully. I want to split that command in 2 lines. I have tried using '\' but its not working.. Please suggest me the solution. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanket Dalvi
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file split

Hi all, First of all I' like to mention that I'm pretty new to unix scripting. :( I'm trying to split an large xml with awk and rename it based on the values of two attributes. Example XML <RECORD> <element1>11</element1> <element2>22</element2> <element3>33</element3>... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: f0usk4s
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split command to get the desired result

Dear all, I am using the awk 'split' command to get the particular value. FILE=InputFile_009_0.txt Temp=$(echo $FILE | awk '{split($FILE, a, "e_"); print a}') I would like to have the Temp take the value as : _009_0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split and awk calculation in the same command

I am trying to run the awk below. My question is when I split the input, then run anotherawk to perform a calculation using that splitas the input there are no issues. When I try to combine them the output is not correct, is the split not working or did I do it wrong? Thank you :). input ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk command to split pipe delimited file

Hello, I need to split a pipe de-limited file based on the COLUMN 7 value . If the column value changes I need to split the file Source File Payment|ID|DATE|TIME|CONTROLNUMBER|NUMBER|NAME|INDICATOR 42156974|1137937|10/1/2018|104440|4232|2054391|CARE|1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
9 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)