Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calling function from another bash script Post 302618585 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 4th of April 2012 07:34:54 AM
Old 04-04-2012
That works too, just try it..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

calling c++ function from script

hi, I just started to work on unix, I was wondering if it is possible to call a c++ function from a script. now, i don't mean starting a program, i mean dynamicaly calling a funtion (like working with a dll) thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lebamb
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

$0 scope in function and calling script

Hi folks, I'm just running through an oreilly korn shell book but have witnessed an output difference on my own unix machine and the output provided in the book. Can anyone help? create a script called ascript as follows: function afunc { print in function $0: $1 $2 var1="in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckett
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent calling function from a script

Hi, Can we define a function say func1 in a script 1.sh and call this function from another script say 2.sh by passing an argument :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in function calling in a script

:confused:Hi , I have a script as shown below: rpttxt() { name="$*" awk '/'"${name}"'/ {print $2 $3"=" $4}' file.txt } xx = rpttxt "COL_HEAD_1" awk 'BEGIN {printf("%36s \n ","'"$xx"'")}' rpttxt() is a function..I want to store the final result of this function in... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling one function from another shell script

i have a function defined in one ksh (ksh 1) i want to use that function in another ksh (ksh 2) i am using . $<directoryname>/<ksh name> i am calling the function defined in ksh 1 in ksh 2 i want the returnstatus from the above operation but it is not executing the function what i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a C-function froma shell script

Hi, I have searched the forum for the query, But i didnt find an exact answer. I have a script(1.sh) and a c program(sample.c) sample.c contains many function definitions.( run(), find(), add() etc). I want to call functions in sample.c from 1.sh and use the return value in 1.sh... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

c function calling from a pearl script

Hi, Is it possible to call a c function defined in a .c file from a pearl script? How is this possible? Thannks in advance, JS (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash not calling function after completing

In the below bash the function execute is started with the while true at the end of the script. Currently, this works and processing does begin. The function panel in bold does not get called after execute completes, therefore the user does not get the menu selection and the files just loop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Oracle function from script

Hi I need to call a function in database and update the return value of that function with a value in csv file. test.csv 1,2,3,,5,,,8,9,10 1,2,3,4,5,,,8,9,10 1,2,3,,,,,8,9,10In the above file I want to replace column 2 with a value extracted from database like (select student_id from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kev94
3 Replies
PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)					      General Commands Manual					     PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
pct-scanner-script - easy scan and create merged DjVu and PDF documents for archiving SYNOPSIS
pct-scanner-script [--help] DESCRIPTION
pct-scanner-script is a bash script and configuration system to easily scan documents and create a digital archiving. It can create DjVu PDF and JPEG outputs, in merged and individual files. It also has a configuration system where different configurations can be defined, making it easy to switch between configurations. Please use pct-scanner-script --help to find all program options, the complete help, and all examples. Features: - auto archiving in merged and individual DjVu, PDF, and JPEG files - auto and manual resume when scanning somehow fails - cascading configuration system, for easy customizing - easy command-line-style bash program, with useful options - archiving made possible with both adf and flatbed scanners - built for productivity and daily use - uses bash, scanadf and other mainstream processing tools - multilanguage commandline output OPTIONS
-h, --help, -? Show summary of options, help, and examples. DEBUGGING
This program is a helper script to easy scan and automated digital document archiving for normal and adf scanners. You can debug this script by running it as bash -x pct-scanner-script [options]. The script is just a nice wrapper for the scanadf, DjVu and PDF tools. SEE ALSO
scanadf(1), AUTHOR
pct-scanner-script and this manual page are written by: Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@powercraft.nl>. March 31, 2009 PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)