Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to submit several commands together Post 302618445 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 4th of April 2012 04:03:07 AM
Old 04-04-2012
If it works it works.. Try:
Code:
i=0 ; while [ $((i+=1)) -le 37 ] ; do cut -d ' ' -f $(((i-1)*2000+3))-$((i*2000+2)) chr20_step2.mlprob > chr20_part$i.m1prob; done

Providing there are no more than 72518 columns, otherwise you need to loop until 36 and print the last line separately..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to submit cron jobs?

How can I write a script to submit a perl script as a cron job but only have it execute once? After it has executed once, I would like it to automatically insert itself again into cron. I want to avoid the situation where I schedule a cron job to run once a day, but end up with multiple... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot submit a background job

Hi all, I am currently facing a problem when i am submitting a script to run in the background to collect statistics round the clock on an AIX box. I don't have root authority nor can I set it in cron. So when i submit the job, it runs fine, but won't let me signoff. It prompts me that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tansha
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

cant submit anything

hello admins, i dont use unix.com very often - but when i do have questions, i submit them at the site - but now I cannot submit anything in any forum on the site. The is the only forum i could add a new thread. its tells me that my account could be de-righted, or that im tring to submit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: congo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP Help with Form Submit

Hi, I have a custom HTML form that has a couple radio buttons and a text field that requires a number. I'm not a php programmer and could use some help with putting together php code to calculate a total based on the radio button selection and the text field number. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nck
3 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

where to submit my work?

Hello sir, I worked out some features using java,shell programming and modified the bash shell. We have come up with 13 new features. I want to know where should I submit my work so that it would be of some use to the open source professionals :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsharath
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Submit using curl

I'm trying to upload a file to a page using curl and after uploading that file i want to store the redirecting page so i can download the results. I'm using the command: curl "http://apps.gdgps.net/kag_upload.php?kag_type=static&kag_frequency=dual&kag_latency=accurate&... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: limadario
8 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Where to submit my scripts

have a doubt. Where I can submit shell scripts done by me ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't submit a form.

hello my script is submitting POST-data to a site (its not my first script, i've done these before many times (include parsing scripts) but this one is tough) so the problem is i'm submitting a form with firefox and in firebug i see WHAT exactly i'm submitting then when i do EXACTLY the... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
28 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SGE submit script

Hi, I'm trying to edit my working bash script to an SGE script in order to submit it as a job to the cluster. Currently I have: #!/bin/bash # Perform fastqc on files in a specified directory. for ((j=1; j <=17; j++)) do directory=/data4/una/batch"$j"/ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: una1992
0 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)