Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search for file, give error if more than one file is found Post 302618131 by Corona688 on Tuesday 3rd of April 2012 04:09:42 PM
Old 04-03-2012
Depends what you want it to do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Not able to compile Pro*c file due - give errors and points to /usr/include/.. file

I am trying to compile the pro*C file but gives errors. It says it encountered "std" while it was expecting ; , = ( $ $ORACLE_HOME/bin/proc tradewind/dataaccess/Blob.pcc Pro*C/C++: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Fri May 9 11:10:54 2008 Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for a file, if not found sleep and repeat it for 3 hrs

Hi, Can someone help me with this script .... I need a ksh script, which will search for a specific file in a directory, if file not found sleep for 10 mins and search again, if still not found sleep again for 10 mins and so on .... it should search for that file for 3 hours and if that file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

source a property file in script give error

I have sourced a property file in my script like this to load some variables in the script Then i am able to echo all the property file values inside script but the script is not able to recognize other unix commands #!/bin/bash . build.properties mkdir build i am getting error ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file not found error during loop

Hi, I have a strange problem and I'm sure its because I'm doing something stupid. When I loop through all of the files in a directory they cannot be found. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -E $ touch a.txt $ touch b.txt $ ls a.txt b.txt $ for f in `ls` ; do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: earls
3 Replies

5. Programming

Error found while opening any pdf file from IE 6

Hello All, My application is followed J2ee architecture. It contains Java and jsp codes. This application generates some reports in pdf format. I am using Weblogic 10.3 and jdk 6. While I want to open the pdf in IE 6 with service pack 2 , the pdf not showing properly. It comes in byte code.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyankak
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script search file and insert character when match found

Hi I need a bash script that can search through a text file and when it finds 'FSS1206' I need to put a Letter F 100 spaces after the second instance of FSS1206 The format is the same throughout the file I need to repeat this on every time it finds the second 'FSS1206' in the file I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
0 Replies

7. AIX

ksh file not found error for various files across system

Our AIX system is currently having an issue where calls to various executables are returning errors such as ksh: /usr/bin/oslevel: not found. This is even happening with system files, third party scripts, and with the full path included. Telnet connections are also closing immediately upon... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chthonic
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search row by row from one file to another file if match is found print few colums of file 2

this is the requirement list.txt table1 table2 table3 testfile.txt name#place#data#select * from table1 name2#place2#data2#select * from table 10 innerjoin table3 name2#place2#data2#select * from table 10 output name place table1 name2 place table3 i tried using awk (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsekumar
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - trap error file not found

Hello. In bash, is there a way to trap error "file not found" when a script call another script which is not found; then abort. Example ( part of script running with -x option set) : + return 0 + RETURN_CODE=0 + ] + /root/bin/200_yast_install/00_reset_yast_install bash:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to search file for string and lauch function if found

In the bash below I am searching the filevirus-scan.log for the Infected files: 0 line (in bold) and each line for OK. If both of these are true then the function execute is automatically called and processing starts. If both these conditions are not meet then the line in the file is sent to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)														  MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)

NAME
mk-build-deps - build a package satisfying a package's build-dependencies SYNOPSIS
mk-build-deps --help|--version mk-build-deps [options] control file | package name ... DESCRIPTION
Given a package name and/or control file, mk-build-deps will use equivs to generate a binary package which may be installed to satisfy all the build dependencies of the given package. If --build-dep and/or --build-indep are given, then the resulting binary package(s) will depend solely on the Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep dependencies, respectively. OPTIONS
-i, --install Install the generated packages and its build-dependencies. -t, --tool When installing the generated package use the specified tool. (default: apt-get --no-install-recommends) -r, --remove Remove the package file after installing it. Ignored if used without the --install switch. -a foo, --arch foo If the source package has architecture-specific build dependencies, produce a package for architecture foo, not for the system architecture. (If the source package does not have architecture-specific build dependencies, the package produced is always for the pseudo-architecture all.) -B, --build-dep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends dependencies. -A, --build-indep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends-Indep dependencies. -h, --help Show a summary of options. -v, --version Show version and copyright information. -s, --root-cmd Use the specified tool to gain root privileges before installing. Ignored if used without the --install switch. AUTHOR
mk-build-deps is copyright by Vincent Fourmond and was modified for the devscripts package by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)