Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Windows to UNIX FTP Special characters! Post 302617957 by Corona688 on Tuesday 3rd of April 2012 11:06:46 AM
Old 04-03-2012
What character set is windows using, and what character set is your UNIX system using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Shell Scripts from Windows to Unix: files have exotic characters

Hey guys, I am working on my shell scripts in wordpad in windows. Then, I upload it to my unix using psftp, but when I open those files with "vi" in Unix, there are all these "^M" characters in the file. Would anyone of you have a clue as to why? Help would be appreciated. Thanks, Laud (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Special characters getting replaced by &Pound in Unix Environment

Hi, Please find the Question Summary below- In our email template document(.txt) bullets and Apostrophe are getting replaced by the string "&pound" in our Live environment.We are using sun solaris 8 in live. Can anybody let me know why this happens and how to prevent this . Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik05
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix file does not display special characters

We have a unix file that contains special characters (ie. Ñ, °, É, ¿ , £ , ø ). When I try to read this file I get a codepage error and the characters are replaced by the # symbol. How do I keep the special characters from being read? Thanks. Ryan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ryan2786
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advice on extracting special characters from a DB2 table to a file in the UNIX ENV

need some advice on the following situation. I have a DB2 table which has a varchar Column. This varchar column can have special characters like ©, ®, ™ . When I extract from this table to a sequential file for this varchar column I am only able to get © and ® . To Get the ™... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosec
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single/Multiple Line with Special characters - Find & Replace in Unix Script

Hi, I am creating a script to do a find and replace single/multiple lines in a file with any number of lines. I have written a logic in a script that reads a reference file say "findrep" and populates two variables $FIND and $REPLACE print $FIND gives Hi How r $u Rahul() Note:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sarnayak
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP automation with special characters in userid

Hi, i am trying to automate an ftp script which is as below.But my user id has special characters(aaa\$ifg). So it is not working correctly.Can anyone help on this?I tried providing both of them in double & singe quoted. But somehow it is not picking the "\". Also tried keeping \ before the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeroticman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Special Characters

Any time I do : ls *.txt > mytext.txt I get something like this in the output file: ^ Tue Jan 22 16:19:19 EST 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux t1Fam_BrOv :~>alias | grep ls alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty' alias lR='ls -R' alias la='ls -Al' alias lc='ls -ltcr' alias ldd='ls -ltr |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special Characters BASH/UNIX term support

Trying to run this command: find /Volumes/Archive/ -type f -name "Icon" and get /Volumes/Archive//New Business and Marketing/2010 /Creative/Image Library/Stuff for Sean/Cafe Heineken/logo_Café Heineken_03.jpg: No such file or directory due to the accent on the filename. Is there a way around... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kostas123334
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help to delete special characters exists only at the end of the each record in UNIX file?

Hi, I have a file in unix with 15 columns.It consists special characters(#,$,^M,@,*,% etc)at the end of the each record.I want to remove these special characters.I used the following: Sed -e 's/ /g;s/ */ /g' . But It is removing special characters exists everywhere in the file(begining,middle... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
24 Replies
wcsstr(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 wcsstr(3)

NAME
wcsstr - Finds a wide-character substring LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc) SYNOPSIS
#include <wchar.h> wchar_t *wcsstr( const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: wcsstr(): XSH5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Specifies the wide-character string being searched. Specifies the wide-character substring to be located. DESCRIPTION
The wcsstr() function locates the first occurrence in the wide-character string pointed to by the s1 parameter of the sequence of wide characters in the wide-character string pointed to by the s2 parameter, excluding the terminating null wide character. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the wcsstr() function returns a pointer to the located wide-character substring or a null pointer when the sub- string is not found. If the s2 parameter points to a wide-character substring having 0 (zero) length, the wcsstr() function returns the entire wide-character string pointed to by parameter s1. [Tru64 UNIX] On error, the function returns a null pointer. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: strstr(3), wcswcs(3) Standards: standards(5) delim off wcsstr(3)