Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Query: How to install commercial cert into AIX and use it for FTPS connection Post 302617667 by mkmuraly on Tuesday 3rd of April 2012 03:46:12 AM
Old 04-03-2012
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the hint, infact I have visited this site before when I was searching for the solution to my problem. We have followed the all the steps mentioned in that thread. The only difference was, instead of generating a Self Sign Cert using the CSR (created at step 7) we pass the CSR to a CA to generate the Digital Cert. Meaning we skip the step 8 and continue from Step 9, after getting the CA signed cert (meaning to say, we issued the following cmd "cat server_key.pem server_cert.pem rootCA/root_cert.pem > server.pem" using the CA Cert "server_cert.pem")

May I know if the steps we have followed is correct? Pls advice

Thanks

Last edited by mkmuraly; 04-03-2012 at 06:00 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to mkmuraly For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

FTPS - FTP CLIENT- AIX - HELP Please

I'm currently investigating the secure ftp connection from AIX using shell script - It looks openssl is already install and don't know command to be used to connect the secure ftp server. 1. Do I need to install certificate on AIX ?. 2. If any one already design the script to connect secure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharanir
0 Replies

2. AIX

aix cert 223 need help.

Hi, a friend of mine passed there 223 last year and they gave me there testkiller document which was 65 questions, i am looking at doing my 223 exam and i have gone to testkiller recently and noticed there is an updated version which is now 383 questions. I did the ibm pre-exam and all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorted
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query :: Using Netstat finding total value to a db connection

I wrote a very simple script to calculate the DB connection from an appserver and check the total netstat connection to a particular DB exceed 25 then it will send mail netstat -a 2> /dev/null | awk '/.*ESTAB/{print $5}' | cut -d. -f1 | uniq -c | awk '{if ($1 > 25)print $2," exceed ",$1;}' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX custom package install query

I have created a .bff package for an app to tbe installed on AIX servers across regions. I am pretty new to the AIX mode of packaging using mkinstallp but I have been able to get the same done. I installed the same on the server in which i created the package and the application was deployed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB connection and query

Hi I'm trying to create a connection with DB from shell script using the following string sqlplus <user>@<db_instance>/<password> in which I'm successful. However, after connecting to DB it is giving me a sql prompt as follows ===================== Connected to: Oracle Database 10g... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainisumit1
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX 6.1 Self-Signed Cert Creation Issue

Hi, I'm trying to get a self-signed cert created on AIX 6.1, and it's not cooperating. I run the following command: gsk7cmd -cert -create -db /bin/A_CACertsOnly.kdb -pw blahblah -label testing -dn cn=machinename -expire 1000 -ca true...and get this response: The function is not supported for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster2
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftps connection by ksh script

Hi, I'm trying to access to FTP SERVER over SSL with this script unix : (credentials are correct) #!/usr/bin/ksh USER="test" PASSWORD="pwdtest" IP="**.***.*.***" ftp -s $IP 990 << EOF >>log_ftp user $USER $PASSWORD bin passive EOF but seems that credentials are not passed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nash83
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTPS Connection script

I have a requirement for which I had to connect to a server using FTPS. I have been provided with these, connection method: FTPS Server Name Port for explicit and implicit Login user I would like to know the FTPS command/script in order to connect to there server and get a file. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r@v!7*7@
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best way to transfer files to remote FTPS server instead of local FTPS server

Hi, I am working on an application which runs on an Informatica Red-Hat 5.10 Linux Server. The application involves several Informatica ETL workflows which generate 100s of Text files with lot of data. Many of the files will each be up to 5 GB in size. Currently the Informatica server itself... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
7 Replies
NE_SSL_TRUST_CERT(3)						neon API reference					      NE_SSL_TRUST_CERT(3)

NAME
ne_ssl_trust_cert, ne_ssl_trust_default_ca - functions to indicate that certificates are trusted SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_session.h> void ne_ssl_trust_cert(ne_session *session, const ne_ssl_certificate *cert); void ne_ssl_trust_default_ca(ne_session *session); DESCRIPTION
To indicate that a given certificate is trusted by the user, the certificate object can be passed to ne_ssl_trust_cert. The certificate object is duplicated internally and can subsequently be destroyed. The SSL library in use by neon may include a default set of CA certificates; calling the ne_ssl_trust_default_ca function will indicate that these CAs are trusted by the user. EXAMPLES
Load the CA certificate stored in /path/to/cacert.pem: ne_session *sess = ne_session_create(...); ne_ssl_certificate *cert = ne_ssl_cert_read("/path/to/cacert.pem"); if (cert) { ne_ssl_trust_cert(sess, cert); ne_ssl_cert_free(cert); } else { printf("Could not load CA cert: %s ", ne_get_error(sess)); } SEE ALSO
ne_ssl_cert_read, ne_ssl_cert_import, ne_ssl_cert_free AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NE_SSL_TRUST_CERT(3)