Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MySQL DB monitoring
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring MySQL DB monitoring Post 302617651 by Hari_Ganesh on Tuesday 3rd of April 2012 03:20:54 AM
Old 04-03-2012
Thanks Neo.
I had not searched this forum. Guess i should have.The scripts look really useful.

But is there a GUI tool? Let me know.

HG

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

MySQL conflicts with mysql-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1

I am tring to install mysql 5.0 on redhat linux3. In this server mysql 3 is already installed and hence while I install mysql 5 it gives the following error. How I can install mysql 5 with out affect previous installation? bash-2.05b# rpm -i MySQL-server-community-5.0.41-0.rhel3.i386.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring script (Ping, MySQL)

Hi guys - Relatively new to shell programming so please bare with me (I bet everyone says that!) I'm faced with a problem: I need a shell script to do the following: Connect to a MySQL database and pull all entrys from the nodes field in a table called 'nodes' These nodes will then be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveomcgee
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring cpu usage of mysql processes/threads/queries without any tool

hi all, i want to monitor mysql processes/threads/queries with respect to cpu usage.how can i do it? show processlist is of no use as no information abt cpu usage is given. plz help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitmahambre
7 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies
PMCCONTROL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     PMCCONTROL(8)

NAME
pmccontrol -- control hardware performance monitoring counters SYNOPSIS
pmccontrol [-c cpu | -d pmc | -e pmc] ... pmccontrol -l pmccontrol -L pmccontrol -s DESCRIPTION
The pmccontrol utility controls the operation of the system's hardware performance monitoring counters. OPTIONS
The pmccontrol utility processes options in command line order, so later options modify the effect of earlier ones. The following options are available: -c cpu Subsequent enable and disable options affect the CPU denoted by argument cpu. The argument cpu is a number denoting a CPU in the system, or ``*'', denoting all unhalted CPUs in the system. -d pmc Disable PMC number pmc on the CPU specified by -c, preventing it from being used till subsequently re-enabled. The argument pmc is a number denoting a specific PMC, or ``*'' denoting all the PMCs on the specified CPU. Only idle PMCs may be disabled. -e pmc Enable PMC number pmc, on the CPU specified by -c, allowing it to be used in the future. The argument pmc is a number denoting a specific PMC, or ``*'' denoting all the PMCs on the specified CPU. If PMC pmc is already enabled, this option has no effect. -l List available hardware performance counters and their current disposition. -L List available hardware performance counter classes and their supported event names. -s Print driver statistics maintained by hwpmc(4). EXAMPLES
To disable all PMCs on all CPUs, use the command: pmccontrol -d* To enable all PMCs on all CPUs, use: pmccontrol -e* To disable PMCs 0 and 1 on CPU 2, use: pmccontrol -c2 -d0 -d1 To disable PMC 0 of CPU 0 only, and enable all other PMCS on all other CPUs, use: pmccontrol -c* -e* -c0 -d0 DIAGNOSTICS
The pmccontrol utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
pmc(3), pmclog(3), hwpmc(4), pmcstat(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The pmccontrol utility first appeared in FreeBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
Joseph Koshy <jkoshy@FreeBSD.org> BSD
November 9, 2008 BSD